Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Recruit Big Ben

+6
Neville
Stains
G-ABLETT JNR
GO WESTCOAST!!!
towns 4 the 08 grandy
Low Flying Wombat
10 posters

Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty Who Will Recruit Big Ben

Post  Low Flying Wombat Tue May 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I see big Ben Demayo (spelling may have a flaw) in Broome. No doubt all clubs will be keen to invite him to dinner. Have been told he is over injuries which held him back at WAFL level. If he plays here it will be a plus for West Kimberley Football. A maybe rumour about is Billy McNicol will be back on the track shortly.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty Re: Who Will Recruit Big Ben

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm

so wat hav these blokes done?? careers?? footy??

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

Cant say much for Big Ben except that he is a Giant and well built for senior footy!

As for Billy McNichol, As a Towns supporter if you dont know who he is it just goes to show your ignorance...He only absolutely destroyed towns in the 2007 GF and all games played that year. No respect was ever shown to him what so ever and he cut Towns to pieces!!! Kicked 4 in every game and took screamers every game on Towns Defenders...

Not sure of his comeback rumour but. i think that is a bit of a fable...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Fri May 22, 2009 9:57 am

Dropped ini & Had a peep from the hill at Cable Beach & Bombers Training last night.

It seems Cable Beach have nabbed that Big Ben fella (if he is the tall white guy thats built like a brick S*&% House and jumps like a gazelle)...And to add to that they also had the young guy who was Towns Ruckman last year training as well...Cant remember his name but he played in the Premiership last year. They had a cast of thousands at training. How do they do it??? Pick up these good players? They have got to be paying guys... Whats so good about their club that is attracting all these players??? has to be $$ sureley

They also had Sonny Dann back training. Has he given up in Perth? Anyone know...Would be ashame if he had as he has serious potential that kid and would be ashame if he gave it away to play with his local team...Something i have heard has happened to alot of the talented up here...

And go West Coast your rumour being fable RE Billy Mcnicol comeback. Looks like it is not rumour my friend as he was also training last night too.

Bombers had good numbers too. Their new coach seems to be working well with them atm as they are looking good.

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 pm

The Beach don't pay players, I think the reasons they been gettin good numbers are because its not a purely family orientated team nor is it a team where you have to be from victoria or an ex wafl player to be recruited. Its not an exclusive club by any means, anyone can get a run with cable beach. Players and members mould the club not the otherway around.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Fri May 22, 2009 5:17 pm

They had a cast of thousands at training. How do they do it??? Pick up these good players? They have got to be paying guys... Whats so good about their club that is attracting all these players??? has to be $$ sureley

Very foolish post Gary Ablett Jrn

Just because a team has good numbers at training and have picked up some handy recruits you automatically accuse them of paying players, with saying that you take away a lot of hard work members and players put in to a footy club to make it what it is and make players and supporters welcome and want to come to there club, and just because players want go to a certain club you think there paying them to go there, not everything’s controlled by money mate

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Agree totally. Very stupid post G-Ablett Jnr. I smell extreme jealousy!!!

So what the Beach are getting some good players and have good numbers. It goes around. They have struggled before. Every team gets their turn where they get good numbers and bad numbers and obviously by the looks of it your teams having a rough trot... If you wanna talk about paying players then you should go elsewhere cause apart from Bulls neither of the teams are probably even financial enough to do so...

Im sure they would all rather spend their money on more important things to help the club rather than players too in these tough times. And i doubt even Bulls are doing so as if they were you think they would be looking alot stronger than they are..

And with that in mind that they dont pay players...Then their must be something special about their club to be attracting all these players, cause they obviously have attracted a heap. Have you ever just thought maybe they are just simply a great club with good people. You might have to go down and check it out for yourself, see what all the fuss is about... who knows you may jump on board as well cause they seem to be doing something very well as the club looks to be in the best shape its ever been in...

is this Saintly with a new name??? havent heard from ya for a while and they usually were the only one to make stupid posts like that...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  not doyley Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 am

If any clubs are paying players could you please contact broomesport.com or simply send me a contract. thank you.

not doyley

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Sat May 23, 2009 9:35 am

When you've got ex WAFL players already in the team and they are regional football administrators to boot, they immediately have the advantage in recruiting any big name that arrives in town. They probably know in advance that they're coming, and probably know them from playing down in Perth so will of course get the first chance to talk to them. Plus there's the fact that Hasty still recruits for Cable Beach and i think everyone in town knows how well Hasty recruits. Gives the Beach some pretty powerful ammunition. If they don't win the premiership this year with the team they're fielding - they'll have underachieved big time

From what i hear, the Bulls pay a BOG payment of $200 or so - not bad if you've busted your gut all day, but doesn't seem to be helping them much on the field - maybe money doesn't have an influence up here?

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty Not Doyley

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 am

A couple of spots available as team managers, boundary and water. If not suggest Bulls who give cash out to people who dress like footballers.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Mon May 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Well im sorry all, Very Touchy Subject there. I only put the suggestion out there and how quick were the explanatory replies!

Mmm...I smell something Fishy.

Some ripper footy on the weekend. Bombers over the line in a thriller, Looma destroyed a team half asleep, Bulls are getting better (they managed to get their own points on the board, even if it was only 2) and a depleted Towns copped the full Force of Cable Beach...

Atleast things are competitive...

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankers Mon May 25, 2009 4:19 pm

did anyone see Cable Beach with all those Claremont Boys on the Weekend... must've had at least ten of them!

Tankers

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

To help you get a bit closer to the ball park Tankers there were only 2 actually, as Big Ben is CBFC now...

And to help you out Smelly Gas Man...One of them is a brother of a current player & one of them began his footy career at the beach which is why they played for CBFC. Has nothing to do with people in the club that work in the footy industry!!!

Buy Jingery...People will say anything wont they!

And as for you ABLETT JNR...Seems you changed the subject quite quickly???

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Mon May 25, 2009 9:21 pm

What's the big deal? Whats wrong with any club recruiting good players? The more quality players that are brought into the league the better the standard becomes overall.

It goes around in cycles - Saints were dominant a few years ago then Beach had a good year. Last year Towns had a good year, back in the early 2000s bulls where strong, Bombers won a premiership and Bidgy won in 2004.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  not doyley Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm

i agree with you you've got gas. Cable Beach have a distinct advantage having a wa footy administrator ie the kimberley footy dev officer on their books. It is no secret he played a huge part in getting Brett Claudius to the Greenbacks.

not doyley

Back to top Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty Tankers

Post  Low Flying Wombat Tue May 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Tankers wrote:did anyone see Cable Beach with all those Claremont Boys on the Weekend... must've had at least ten of them!
You missed two players in Keiffer YU and Jessie Cox to add to the ten if they had of played

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty Not Doyley Agreeing???

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed May 27, 2009 12:03 am

Claudius is the Kimberley Footy development Officer so how did he play a huge part in recruiting himself to CBFC???

Hastie (recruitment KING) actually was first in best dressed and recruited Claudius. Good ol few beers at the pub and it was signed sealed and delivered. Like it should be. No rich teams persuading with big $$, jobs, boats, rents paid etc...Oh sorry forgot to mention the Holiday Mansions they bought him in The carribean and The Mediterranean...That definitely helped.. Laughing

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Who Will Recruit Big Ben Empty re the claudius recruitment influence

Post  not doyley Wed May 27, 2009 10:45 pm

I beg to differ west coast. It is really this simple.
if claudius hadn't discussed signing with beach with himself then he wouldn't have agreed with himself to sign with beach so therefore he was heavily involved himself when signing on himself. Thus my original observation stands correct. The footy dev officer was instrumental in Mr Claudius heading to beach.

not doyley

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu May 28, 2009 1:24 am

Correct, correct & more Correct...

I was Just checking that this was sarcasm and not a ping at the almighty Gladiator... didnt think others would get your drift so Good stuff on explaining yourself...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum