Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the league will finish this season

+14
dockers 2010
Stains
Cyrus
johnny
Frank The Tank
Tankers
McKenna
towns 4 the 08 grandy
Jailbird
gopies
Hutchey
GO WESTCOAST!!!
footyfan
joel
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 5 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:38 pm

What happen to Sonny Dann???

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 5 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:58 pm

not sure but i hav a sneak feeling he was injured cumming into the game
walked off limping in the 3rd quater didn cum bak on!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

why do teams do it...I suppose sometimes it has to be risked if a GF is at stake. it can pay off but obviously it can burn you also...

Now by the sounds of it he may miss a grandy...Even if they get there...But i suppose sometimes those things have to be done and by the sounds of the results it nearly paid off...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Great game between Towns and Beach.. Towns were 9 points down with 2 minutes to go then scrambled a goal and then #1 kicked a goal from around 50 out with less than 10 seconds to go to put them a 3 points up and the siren went pretty much when the umpire threw the ball up. Best game ive watched alll year. Beach played better on the day but lost!

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 pm

C'mon you clowns, that little skinny fella that was knocked out was hit high on both occasions! The first one split the inside of his mouth.... which was a fore arm to his head.... the other was an elbow to his left ear which I have heard has complicated his hearing.... Pretty poor performance from Bulls and from two Police officers playing the game! Both were reported I think, so it couldnt have been a legitimate hit... It was nowhere near is body....

Bulls were just angry they couldnt stop the little fella from damaging their side absolute pace!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 am

Yeah maybe a bit high or reckless...But not late... I have seen worse not paid in this league... ANd he got the free

no reason for spectators to come in and throw a few...Thats low...And for the umps to only penalise one player and not the 3 players that threw hits or the spectator...Thats why this league has so many problems because the umpires are too incompetent to pay the correct things

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:06 am

Then write a formal complaint and do it the right way.... If everyone is so unhappy about the league either don't play or make a stand and do something about it.... Winging all year and every year about it doesnt help you, your team or anyone else. Do something... there are always ways to improve!

The hits were high and illegal he was red carded and reported.... If you feel so strongly about the incidents that followed then do something about that too.... Write in to the league and explain what you witnessed and hopefully there will be an investigation... but if you are just gunna comment on this forum then nothing is gunna be done about it!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:55 am

Well Hello...Thats what a god damn forum is for...making comments...Its not whinging. Its comments... A forum

Also wasnt the card given after the scuffling...

I dont feel strongly im just commenting as i disagree with the fact that you seem to think is fine for players & spectators to go through with the actions they did just for a high hit that was awarded a free... And then its just beside me that ,no matter what team they are from, players & SPECTATORS can throw punches and not get sent off...What is that teaching our youth...

If the ball was in the other court i bet you'd agree with me then. You may have to be a bit less one sided in your comments

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 am

Mind you for so many years no matter what scuffle happened it was always the Teams like Bombers, Saints, Beach & Emus whos players got sent off and never the bulls or towns players who were always the instigators and threw as many punches as any other...

Maybe the tide has turned...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:03 pm

So your saying that the red card was given after the scuffle? which means the offender must have done something during the scuffle not the high hit to a player head with an elbow??? You must have been along way from the actual incident and you are a bit short on facts so lets just see how the tribunal deals with it... and im pretty sure if there were so many assults from the sideline then that will be looked into aswell....... Interesting!!!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 pm

oh grey water oh grey water

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 5 Empty How the league will finish this season

Post  Graeme Hastie Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 pm

I have been reading the comments made regarding the incident on Saturday where a spectator became involved with a Bulls player. The point that i wish to make is that football is bigger than clubs or individuals and no one has the right to take matters into their own hands. The umpires awarded a free kick and a red card to the player concerned. For a spectator no matter what club he is affiliated with to get involved is unacceptable and it is up to the Club to deal with it. I believe the club then has the responsiblilty to deal with the individual concerned even if they are only a supporter of that club and then advise the league (that is all clubs) of actions they have taken to discourage this type of cowardly behaviour.

Graeme Hastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:48 pm

The lad assaulted by the spectator or the Broome bulls should put in an official complaint to the league! Spectators have no write to behave like that no matter what happened. Players who step on to the field know they are likely to get a big hit every game from other teams what they don’t expect is to get hit by a spectator from the sidelines! It’s a disgrace!

And if the hooligan responsible was truly a proud saint’s supporter he wouldn’t have brought the club so low with his own foolish actions.

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Bah! Official complaint, like that or the league will do anything about this incident, its Saints we're talking about here. Now if it was the other way round and a Bulls spectator assaulted an opposition player the entire matter would be completely different... we all know the league came down hard on Bulls last year when a similar incident happened against Towns. The WKFL need to show that the rules apply to all teams and do something about this pronto

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Couldn’t agree with you more lad! we cant have certain teams being treated like protected species we need to have the same rules for all!

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:57 pm

True True, spectators have no right getting involved physically in game! And like I said earlier I hope that the Bulls Player or Club do bring that to the leagues administration!

But its also a disgrace when teams know they are going to lose the game at hand and just dont play footy anymore.... they purposely go out to injure any opposing player! Not only do Bulls do it, I have seen Bombers over the years do it many times!

Everyone seems to be forgetting the actual incident that cause such an upset crowd!!!! Which was also a disgrace....

Yes the spectator should be ashamed of himself and anyone else who was involved who wasnt on the feild!

Hastie... maybe as a Coach you can bring the matter to the attention of the Head Umpires... Its should be stamped out!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:22 pm

lets play football n get a kick
any1 who gos out to hit sum1 has problems. they need serious help!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:51 am

mark n goal of the year? any suggestions??

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 am

In WKFL???

GOAL: No.7 from Cable. Rd.1 from Beach vs Looma. ran the length of the field (basically from the half back flank) passing off and getting it back from his team mates to go all the way and slot one from about 10 m out. Had about 6 possessions in this patch of 30 second play. I've never seen anything like it up here... You see the greedy paceman up here take on everyone, sidestep, dodge, duck, weave and get those cheeky goals but this guy showed guts by non stop running, giving it off to his team mates and running all the way. He probably didnt want it after half way but kept getting it back and following up his disposals and ended up with a monstrous goal out of it. He must have been buggered after it but!

MARK: No.1 from Towns. In the last game against Saints in the home and away season he took a screamer off Saints No.1. It was on the No.1 from Saints shoulders and got some serious hang time. Pretty good for a small fella. Other wise Kane STack he also took a screamer throughout the year...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:07 pm

GOAL: Ben Ibbs from Bulls kicked a ripper against Cable Beach dodged a couple of players and slotted it from the boundary about 45m out right near the cricket nets. Or Cal Tolentino's snap from the boundary on the weekend, that would be up there.

MARK: Agree with the mark, either Maher's against Saints or Stack's earlier in the year. Both were awesome. Maybe Mahers coz he got a greater crowd reception!

Last edited by J BOB BARTEL on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Mark:Kane Stacks screamer about 6/7 weeks ago.

Goal: No 5. from bidgys goal against the bulls in round 5.ran from half back kicked it from 40 on the run blistering pace in the second half great goal.
Goal: No 3. from bulls kicked a roving goal 45m out on the boundray near the dug outs first goal of that game in round 5.

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Saints were impressive on Saturday.

It will be frustrating if they don't reach that intensity again for the final, as we know that Cb would have given a good game against Towns.

Admin
Admin

http://broomesport.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:40 pm

Fear The Red Hot Saints. i have been saying all year they have the best midfield in the comp. The way they smashed beach was out of control. I think they are the team to beat and their midfield will roll towns in the GF...

Greeat game until the last quarter. I think Beach even hit the lead for a moment late in the 3rd. Then Saints out ran them and piled on about 7 goals in the last 10 mins...

To be honest i thought Beach would have gotten over the line yesterday but Beach simply seemed to lack hard run, clean possession, numbers to the footy and by the looks of it a genuine hunger to win...Saints had all these things

They are playing like a team that wants it this year and it proved yesterday by their total outclassing of the reigning premiers. I must say Beach did look like they had the game lost before they even ran out there but.

I seriously do not think Towns will be able to stop the likes of Tristram, michael, waylon, lloyd, Nathan, Bart, craig sampi, jesse davies & Domnic Sampi they are far too skilled and have too much pace for Towns.

Its a big call but i reckon Sainits have it in the bag this year. They look to be the hungriest!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am

they may be hungy but comon grow up
if u think towns are gona let them get away easy get real!!!
towns will be bery hard to beat!! there structure will be totally different
if towns get a few early ones saints win will be in trouble
they are only a front running team!! they do hardly any gut running, gut running being when the ball is in defence ther midfielders get bak or push bak hard to help out. they dont do much of this!
game could go either way! havnt u people 4got towns hav lost the last 2 grandfinals! dont u think they will be hnungry for this one as sum big names will be leaving the club at the end of the year!! end of story

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 am

oh yeh bout the goals kal tollos yeh coz this is kal tollo and u guys writing me name wrong its cal not (k)al AAAAAARRRRRHHHHHHHh

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next