Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the league will finish this season

+14
dockers 2010
Stains
Cyrus
johnny
Frank The Tank
Tankers
McKenna
towns 4 the 08 grandy
Jailbird
gopies
Hutchey
GO WESTCOAST!!!
footyfan
joel
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 6 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 am

Speaking of Cal Tollo will he be able to kick goals this weekend. That could be the diffrence. He's been pretty quite lately so you would expect him to kick a bagful and win the grandy for Towns...Or will Snowy wade do the job again???

Towns biggest flaw is they lack pace. Like Beach both teams lack sheer pace and Saints have 70% of their team with sheer pace...THey may not run hard to push back but their run out of defense the last few weeks has been as goods as two years ago when they won back to back flags...Its frightening.

I think they have no backline however it does run it out and create the switch well. if Towns can stop this they will keep it in their forward line. I do think the Saints backline will be under siege this weekend but if they win it in the middle and pump it forward quickly then it will be intresting...

THeir coach has got them going extremely well together...A first year coach gets a struggling team into the grandy...Look out if he's uncontracted at the end of the year he will be very popular!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 6 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 am

yep due 4 a few this week!
hopfully tyrone wade is given the job but i cant see that happening!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 am

yep due 4 a few this week!
hopfully tyrone wade is given the job but i cant see that happening!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 am

lock tolentino in for 8 if snowy wade starts on him..
he must be favourite for the mcmahon medal if snowy is playing on him

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:46 am

i agree. i think snowy wade had a very lucky day that day. tollo to bag a high number and take out the extremely prestigiuos 2008 Father Mac Medal. Very prestigious honor that medal will be this year very...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:48 am

id also put money on Waylon Pigram to possibly take it out too. He will be one to watch. He is under the radar of late but is by far the most damaging Pigram player when he gets going...

expect high 30's possession wise for this chap in the GF

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:00 pm

towns need big games from at least 3 of tolentino, maher, altham, gregory and stack.
seems as though when a couple of these 5 fire towns are a 10 goal better side than any
other team as they showed against saints early in the year. different story now i know with
saints and there tails up but if towns win one of these boys will be wearing the mcmahon medal
on saturday.

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm

towns will look better this week!!
more changes through the midfield changes all over
will eb carefull though not tho make to many!!
player will be alot fresher!! make the oppistion think a bit
as the last few weeks towns havnt been rotating much!
lets llok foward to a great game.
any know any matchups

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm

bit too late to be making changes in the last and most important game of the season dont you think...

I would have thought Towns would continue to do what has got them to be the top team all year?

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm

As for match ups. I seriously cant see any Towns players being able to match up on either of the Pigrams in the midfield so i wouldnt mention any midfield matchups. I think both teams will fail to play accountable football in the middle and i think Saints speed will see them get the better in this department...

In the middle Towns will HAVE to play man on man & PHYSICAL football to put the speedsters to a hault. Whether they are able to keep up will be a whole nother question. Towns are definitley by far the fitter side but pace and front runner confidence is always hard to beat.

Ruck duels should be even. Wulfy is a big fella but is yet to make a stamp on this league. Craig Sampi and Kayne Stack will be battle of the day...

Tyrone Wade to definitely get another crack at Cal Tollo...However a very young fella in a big game and nerves will play a big part which could see the level headed tollo get the better of him...

No one will be able to match Dustyn McKenna so if they get the ball into him on enough occasions he will kick the score. He's not actually a great mark, or lead which you would think is a must in a key forward, however his positioning and body work always sees him get goals off the back of the packs. When the ball goes to ground Saints will have to be extremely aware of mcKenna as he always seems to be in the right place at the right time with no one on him...And its rareley more than 15m out.

It will be a struggle against the pace but if Towns can pump the ball forward quick enough, tire the saints key runners, the should be able to win. But if they faulter against the pace and skill of the Saints they will tire themselves out and get Burnt!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:24 pm

Saints by over 20!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 pm

silly!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:16 pm

You would think Towns have been on top all year for a reason...THey should win...But you never know...Stranger things have happened!

Towns by 26 points

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 pm

I hear on the grapevine that a couple of Saints "veterans" rang up the coach during the week and demanded to be in the GF this week - after playing bugger all games and not showing up to training. The hot word is that Bourkey told them to shove it! Good onya mate!

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 am

That is not the first time that has happen with the Saints! There "veterans" constantly pull that stunt on the club! Well done to the coach in not falling for the same old crap as previous coaches have!

Any who well done to Townies on capping off a great season by taking out this year’s grand final well done lads!

Great crowd on the weekend Arrow

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 am

Yep well Done Townies...

Pretty boring first half of footy. Towns never say die attitude proved the ball game with their tremendous fight back in the second half. SHowed extreme guts and nerve. Well deserved winners

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:52 pm

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
UPPPPPPP TTTHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA TOWWWWWWWWWNNIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIINNNN

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 6 Empty Go Westcoast

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Just reading old scripts. I remember Muddy Waters in this one. Unfortunatley the Bulls Emus game was so one sided it was a non event. Emus were depleted and the full back should have been a small forward. Muddy was prominent as a full forward in a era of no quality fullbacks. He had a good lead and was a very good kick. He disappeared from the scene when Bulls started to fade, much to the disappointment of many Bulls supporters who thought he should have stepped up to lend a hand. The record does not seem so great if you watched the games in the Muddy Waters era.
GO WESTCOAST!!! wrote:Yeah i Probably have to agree with you there cyris.

They say records are made to be broken but some how i think Muddy's and also The Beach's will be staying in the history books for ever.

In Muddy's case, gone are the days where Teams are as weak as the EMus were back then and i cant see it getting back to that stage again. In the Beach's case i think Towns had the best opportunity this year to follow the Beach's 2007 unbeaten record however faultered not once but twice already, and who knows...Maybe more

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6