WKFL All Stars 2009

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West Versus East

Post  Low Flying Wombat on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Why not CKFL, EKFL & WKFL for proper bragging rights. I would say that great man from CKFL Jeff Davis would be very keen on this one. Must get the league to have dialogue and soon before season forgotten.
RodgerDodger wrote:I reckon the League should organise a battle of West vs East, to be played during one of the bye rounds next seaon.

Low Flying Wombat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WKFL All Stars 2009

Post  RodgerDodger on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:01 pm

I agree, Ol' Jeff Davis would pitch a tent with the thought of such a carnival between the 3 leagues. Then we would really know who the Kings of the Kimberley are!!

RodgerDodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lifemember1 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Inter League matches are what its all about. How good would it be to see all the top WKFL players versus the best of the east or central Kimberley????

Bring back the days of old I say, Jeff and Graeme if you are reading this get it happening.

Still waiting on other posters to submit their best WKFL teams. Appears a couple of blokes have said who they wouldn't have but who would they have in their best side.

[b]If thats too difficult, if you could have any WKFL player in your side, who would it be?????[/b]

lifemember1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Pretty hard to put a whole team together, when I'm not too sure who is who in all the teams, but I have given it a crack...

Backs: Harry Wilding(CB) Ben De Meo(CB) Dom Matsumoto(Bombers)
Half Backs: Bradley Angus(CB) Sampi(Saints) Jordan Cox(Bombers)
Centre: Jahved Cox(Bombers) JoJo Dann(CB) JJ Pindan(Looma)
Half Forward: Tristram Pigram(Saints) Trent Bani(Derby) Lyle Buck(Looma)
Forwards: Cal Tolentino(Towns) Neil Marshall(CB) Steven Cox(Bombers)

Rucks: Andre Skeen(Looma)
Brett Claudius(CB)
Mick Pigram(Bombers)

Int: Jappo Clarke(Bombers) Kenneth Brolga(Bidgy) David Altham(Derby) Jo Sara(Towns) Scott Clark(CB)
Ben Croy(Bulls)

Coach: Robbie Wilson
Assistant Coach: Graeme Hastie

Shrinks: Mal Mason and Peter 'Under the Pump' Marshall

RodgerDodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm

No Timmy Ritcher???? in your team Rogerdoger he did win the bullen this year

Backs: Harry Wilding(CB) Ben De Meo(CB) Dom Matsumoto(Bombers)
Half Backs: Bradley Angus(CB) Joe Sara (Towns) Lloyd Reidy(CB)
Centre: Jahved Cox(Bombers) JoJo Dann(CB) Scott Clark(CB)
Half Forward: Damian Parriman(CB) Tristram Pigram(Saints) Lyle Buck(Looma)
Forwards: Tim Ritcher (Towns) Neil Marshall(CB) Steven Cox(Bombers)

Rucks: Andre Skeen(Looma)
Brett Claudius(CB)
Mick Pigram(Bombers)

Int: Jappo Clarke(Bombers) David Altham(Derby) Ben Croy(Bulls) Dylan Cox (Bombers)

EMERGENCIES:, Cameron Coulson( Towns) Bart Pigram(Bombers) Ronald Yanawana (Bidgy) Simon Barker (Towns)

Neville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Sorry Neville, Richter and Claudius are both outstanding in and under players but Claudius is a much more experienced player who also creates alot of play through his run and carry and his disposal 95% of the time is on target. I could have put Richter in the forward but I'd rather see some pace and magic down there!

RodgerDodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lifemember1 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Bullmastiffy and Goinoutafazion

Good on ya for havin' a go and proposing an All Star Team for the WKFL.

Mine with limited knowledge would include (I only arrived half way through the season) the following:

Backs: Dylan Cox (Bombers) Ben De Meo (CB) Harry Wilding (CB)

H-Backs: Dom Matsumoto(Bombers) Jamie Sutherland (Saints) Lloyd Reidy (CB)

Centres: Michael Pigram (Bombers) Jo Dann (CB) Ryan McRae (Towns)

H-Forwards: Tristram Pigram (Saints) Jo Sara (Towns) Lyle Buck (Looma)

Forwards: Trent Bani (D Tigers) Neil Marshall (CB) Calvin Tolentino (Towns)

Followers:
Ruck: Andre Skeen (Looma)
R-Rover: Brett Claudius (CB)
Rover: Davo Cox (Saints)

Interchange: Ben Croy (Bulls), David Altham (D Tigers), Jefferson Pindan (Looma), Javed Cox (Bombers)

lifemember1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:35 pm

The All Star team of the WKFL for 2009 would be one hell of a strong side, but seems like the main differences in the sides thrown forward so far is the positions of Centre Half Back and Centre Half Forward, who does everyone think would be the best suited to these positions?

RodgerDodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:43 pm

CHB you would have to have joe sara or cam coulsen
CHF neil marshall

up the blues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lifemember1 forward pocket

Post  Delicious on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:47 pm

lifemember1
calvin tolentino only played the first few games. im sure u can find someone who played the full season to fit into a forward pocket. Otherwise not a bad effort on selecting a team.

Delicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009

Post  Low Flying Wombat on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 pm

RodgerDodger wrote:The All Star team of the WKFL for 2009 would be one hell of a strong side, but seems like the main differences in the sides thrown forward so far is the positions of Centre Half Back and Centre Half Forward, who does everyone think would be the best suited to these positions?
CHB - Jermaine Henry, Ben Demeo, depending on who the opposition is - have 12 options of players in my selection who can or have played CHB. At the other end just as many options but I wou;d use Joe Sara there or Davo Cox.

Low Flying Wombat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Excuse the ignorance Low Flying Wombat, but who does Jermaine Henry play for?
I agree with you on the fact that Demeo could play CHB too, and from what I've seen of him this year he is very versatile and could hold down any position but from the sounds of things he has found his niche at Full Back.
Davo Cox would be a good mover out of CHF, good thinking 99!

RodgerDodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009

Post  Low Flying Wombat on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:06 pm

RodgerDodger wrote:Excuse the ignorance Low Flying Wombat, but who does Jermaine Henry play for?
I agree with you on the fact that Demeo could play CHB too, and from what I've seen of him this year he is very versatile and could hold down any position but from the sounds of things he has found his niche at Full Back.
Davo Cox would be a good mover out of CHF, good thinking 99!
Dodger- Jermaine plays for Looma and has done so since they entered this league. Plays mostly full back with sorties out to CHB. The team I selected is versatile enough to handle any options eg. as I said Davo Cox has played with success at CHF and also at CHB. Lyle Buck has played at CHF. Dylan Cox is capable of playing anywhere. Jappo Clarke can play just about any position as can Neil Marshall and Big Ben. Joe Sara fits into the mould as well. The more I look at the side I have selected the more I like it. Quality footballers that I would be proud of to represent WKFL who have performed this season so well.
Rodger - what about the womens all star side. Have some selections already nominated. Your thoughts?

Low Flying Wombat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

bad spectators

Post  Brendan on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am

Bad supporters yes, we at the Bombers club are aware of this and we are trying are best to address this issue with our club, we have ask the association to step in and they have by issuing warning from the association.
We have no control over people who abuse others, if you have a solution be free to fill us in. we Know its wrong but what right do we have, to kick people out or chase them from the oval.

Could any one tell me if there is a footy asssociation that tackles this issues and if it only seem to happen in Broome.
I have played footy for a long time and playing down south and it's just as bad there. The amount of abuse coming out from even the older people was eye opening but this didn't make me complain or whinge. You can't tell me that this abuse don't happen in other association.

So please don't bag the footie club, we know this is wrong and offensive but we have no control of our supportor.

Brendan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Representative games

Post  Brendan on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 pm

The Associations or Representative games are a must for players in the WKFL, CFL and the EKFL.
It provides a greater level of football and it ideal for the best players, to play with the best players in their comp.

I have played over 8 representative games for the WKFL and Kimberley teams and I believe these games brings out the best in each player.
To play in the highest level of football will not only make you as an individual player, better, but also improve relationships with other players from other clubs.

This is our State of Orgin game and our better players deserve to play and represent our league.

For the Record, the EAST Kimberley football league holds the NW football title.

The WKFL dominated representative football in the Kimberly for a long time, but watch out boys the other association are becoming stronger

Brendan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2