early thoughts

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Kingcarey on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:35 am

fair enough you blocked me up

Kingcarey

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Kingcarey on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 am

Goinouttafashion, cable beach werent planning on just doing preseason they went to the committee demanding to train on their non designated days. Thats called arrogance and ignorance. Doesnt mater anymore anyway coz bombers gonna mop the floor with the beachy weachy. Why would i want to sign up with them anyway they wil try and dry hump my leg

Kingcarey

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  number 1# on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

B-52 Bombers wrote:Goinouttafashion, cable beach werent planning on just doing preseason they went to the committee demanding to train on their non designated days. Thats called arrogance and ignorance. Doesnt mater anymore anyway coz bombers gonna mop the floor with the beachy weachy. Why would i want to sign up with them anyway they wil try and dry hump my leg

Very late comment B-52 Bombers took you a week for a comeback, and a s**t house one at that, sounds like someone hasn't got over last year’s grand final

number 1#

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Goinoutafashion on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

B52 - Jappo Clarke

Same comments year in year out. Every year Bombers gonna (shoulda, woulda) mopped the floor but mate still waiting to see it happen. Your playing group get too far ahead of themselves and fall to pieces when the heat is applied. Getting players from Saints last year improved the situation moderately but wont be enough to cover all the big heads at your club.

When you win a premiership instead of living off past glory when Pudgie and Terry Cox carried you then trash talk someone. Until then champ stay focussed on winning more than the Pre-Season Carnival.

Goinoutafashion

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Kingcarey on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 pm

mmm mmm nice one mate, cable beach are most arrogant team in history of WKFL after winning a flag. (Agreed by all clubs including half of your own.)

Kingcarey

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Administrator on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:06 pm

B-52 Bombers wrote:mmm mmm nice one mate, cable beach are most arrogant team in history of WKFL after winning a flag. (Agreed by all clubs including half of your own.)

I would have to agree with that comment as would a lot of others

Administrator

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Goinoutafashion on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Well Townies, the same was thought of you when you won your premierships, same for Saints, should I go on???

Arrogance is a term commonly thrown at successful clubs and given Towns position as the most successful club (based on premierships) you would be used to this term being directed at you.

Cable Beach don't need the feel good comments from other clubs anyway. We just focus on our Club and attempting to be the best we can.

So just keep making the unjustified comments fellas and we'll keep attempting to win premierships.

Goinoutafashion

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Goinoutafashion on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Anyway back to the real stuff of why this site is here.

Anyone played or due to play any scratch matches in the coming weeks? If so, can you post results or advise of times on this site?

Would be interesting to see how clubs are tracking in the lead up to the Pre Season Carnival.

Goinoutafashion

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  HawkeEye on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Derby v Bulls this Sat night at 6pm in Derby under lights if anyone is in the area

HawkeEye

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Goinoutafashion on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Hawkeye

Keep us posted on the performance of teams and individuals to watch in season 2010.

I also hear that Saints are playing someone tonight, not sure who or where but shouldn't be hard to find in Broome.

Goinoutafashion

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  footyfan on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Goinoutafashion wrote:Anyway back to the real stuff of why this site is here.

Anyone played or due to play any scratch matches in the coming weeks? If so, can you post results or advise of times on this site?

Would be interesting to see how clubs are tracking in the lead up to the Pre Season Carnival.

Dropped in to watch the saints v towns game at brac last night. The saints boys moved the ball pretty well early in the game with very little pressure being applied from a pretty young towns team. The second half was almost the complete opposite with towns winning the second half by probably 3 or 4 goals and finishing with what seemed like plenty of run. did anyone else watch the game and have any thoughts? Will be interested to hear of any reports from the bulls v derby game too.

footyfan

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  chuck on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:39 pm

my mate played for the bulls against derby last night. Apparently Derby had 26 players on the bench and Bulls only had two.

I think he said Derby kicked about 13 goals and Bulls managed 7. Bulls won the last quarter by a goal or so and apparently played pretty well considering they were players short. Dom Tracey was there but didn't play, out with injury.

From all reports, both teams are a big improvement on last year.

chuck

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  footyfan on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:34 pm

chuck wrote:my mate played for the bulls against derby last night. Apparently Derby had 26 players on the bench and Bulls only had two.

I think he said Derby kicked about 13 goals and Bulls managed 7. Bulls won the last quarter by a goal or so and apparently played pretty well considering they were players short. Dom Tracey was there but didn't play, out with injury.

From all reports, both teams are a big improvement on last year.

how did derby's ex-wafl recruits go chuck? 26 on the bench is a massive number. Derby shouldn't have too mant troubles fielding full sides in Broome this year then. With that many numbers and interest in the town, is a second derby team on the horizon?

footyfan

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

season 2010

Post  kingkernahan on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

towns- looking rather small, young and weak this year. Could do with some bigger bodies. will be very vunerable when coming up against the hard physical teams. they need a couple more wovodich's in their lineup. they'll need payers such as wovo, joel "hardnut" murray and damon howard to lead the way and continue to play their courageous style of game. hopefully the young townies will learn from them, so they dont have to clean grey water out of their tights at every interval.

cable beach- i can really see beach being a strong premiership contender once again. when on song, they are like a well oiled machine. expect another big year from joe dann. dave mulheron is my pick to take out the comps goal kicking award. He's useless body on body but on the lead at full flight is almost unstoppable. if gun midfielders joe dan, evan russell and jay cassidy get alot of the ball, expect muheron to kick a truckload this year. i would love to see league legend graham hastie throw on a guernsy and take on a tagging roll. this would free up jay cassidy to become an offensive midfielder and i can really see him doing some damage going inside 50.

bulls- the laughing stock of the comp over the last few years. theyve had a massive pre season. they seem to train and try harder then every other club but cant seem to pencil in a win. i think every teams looks foward to the weekends they play the bulls cos they can get blind drunk on friday, not goto sleep and rock up game day and have an easy win. the bulls have some good players but just not enuff of them. you gota feel for james stewart, who week in week out gives his all for the club but is continually let down by his useless team mates. wooden spoon i recon.

bombers- look the goods this year. seem to have alot of depth, particularly in the midfield. could prob do with a couple more big key position players. expect another stunning season from hard running midfielder jahved cox. he is my prediction for the kev bullen. jeff clarke is looking fit as a fiddle and has been leading the way on the track. also expect a stellar season from zac cox. his silky skills and hard, physical game will be a great attribute and will have a big influence on the clubs success. if brothers zac and jahved cox are firing this year the bombers are gona be a very strong contender.

saints- i dont think saints will stand a chance this year. theyve lost alot of good players. maybe if eric wade has a run in the midfield.

emus- dont know much about them. i know they have a very good payer- marcus "big" nanudie running around. i wouldnt get in his way. strong powerfull man. very hard to tackle. lets hope the WHOLE team can wear boots this year.

derby- hahahahahahahahahahahahah no chance hahahahahahahahaha what a joke hahahahahahahaha

kingkernahan

Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  HawkeEye on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:09 am

footyfan wrote:
chuck wrote:my mate played for the bulls against derby last night. Apparently Derby had 26 players on the bench and Bulls only had two.

I think he said Derby kicked about 13 goals and Bulls managed 7. Bulls won the last quarter by a goal or so and apparently played pretty well considering they were players short. Dom Tracey was there but didn't play, out with injury.

From all reports, both teams are a big improvement on last year.

how did derby's ex-wafl recruits go chuck? 26 on the bench is a massive number. Derby shouldn't have too mant troubles fielding full sides in Broome this year then. With that many numbers and interest in the town, is a second derby team on the horizon?

Derby played their top side in the first quarter, missing prob 4-5 players that could come in and then heaps of changes from the bench for the last 3 quarters with the last quarter basically being a 2nds side with guys who havent really been training. Was a good opportunity just to get some match fitness. Bulls didnt kick a goal in the first half, only a couple of behinds I think. Derby had about 10 goals 10 behinds. Hoff kicked 6. WAFL players didnt play, D.Altham very good in the middle, backline was very strong with Maher and Seignor off the back flanks running the ball well. Derby will shock teams this year they have a good blend of strong bodies and quick players but time will tell. Think the final scores was at least 15 goals to about 5-6.

Yeah heaps of guys on the bench and the coaching staff had a tough job to make the changes, but not a 2nd side into the comp, lets just see how one team goes for a bit. Most of these guys on the bench have only been to training a couple of times so will need to train more to get a game. Will see how many they get for the carnival as I think a lot of players may drop off.

Was told that Bulls were missing a lot of the players due to work and looked better from last year, just need to be smarter with the ball when they do get it. Good on the bulls for making the trip, they seem to enjoy the beers afterwards at the boab inn and would have had a good trip home. Would be the best run club in the league I believe and hopefully this attracts some new players to the club.

HawkeEye

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  HawkeEye on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 am

Ohh, I counted about 16 on the bench at the start, unsure of the 26 but some spectators might have got excited and put the boots on for a run. Very Happy
Was a good night and the 3 hot dogs I consumed were superb. Derby oval looking good, very goods lights, decent crowd and good to see changerooms getting used for players only, unlike Broome last year where there is about 1000 broken bottles and getting ready near a bus is not what the WKFL should be aiming for their clubs to do. On that matter has the new fence around Broome oval made it better for security reasons and improved the look around the oval and how do the changerooms look now. Has there been some work done on them.

HawkeEye

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Administrator on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm

kingkernahan wrote:towns- looking rather small, young and weak this year. Could do with some bigger bodies. will be very vunerable when coming up against the hard physical teams. they need a couple more wovodich's in their lineup. they'll need payers such as wovo, joel "hardnut" murray and damon howard to lead the way and continue to play their courageous style of game. hopefully the young townies will learn from them, so they dont have to clean grey water out of their tights at every interval.

cable beach- i can really see beach being a strong premiership contender once again. when on song, they are like a well oiled machine. expect another big year from joe dann. dave mulheron is my pick to take out the comps goal kicking award. He's useless body on body but on the lead at full flight is almost unstoppable. if gun midfielders joe dan, evan russell and jay cassidy get alot of the ball, expect muheron to kick a truckload this year. i would love to see league legend graham hastie throw on a guernsy and take on a tagging roll. this would free up jay cassidy to become an offensive midfielder and i can really see him doing some damage going inside 50.

bulls- the laughing stock of the comp over the last few years. theyve had a massive pre season. they seem to train and try harder then every other club but cant seem to pencil in a win. i think every teams looks foward to the weekends they play the bulls cos they can get blind drunk on friday, not goto sleep and rock up game day and have an easy win. the bulls have some good players but just not enuff of them. you gota feel for james stewart, who week in week out gives his all for the club but is continually let down by his useless team mates. wooden spoon i recon.

bombers- look the goods this year. seem to have alot of depth, particularly in the midfield. could prob do with a couple more big key position players. expect another stunning season from hard running midfielder jahved cox. he is my prediction for the kev bullen. jeff clarke is looking fit as a fiddle and has been leading the way on the track. also expect a stellar season from zac cox. his silky skills and hard, physical game will be a great attribute and will have a big influence on the clubs success. if brothers zac and jahved cox are firing this year the bombers are gona be a very strong contender.

saints- i dont think saints will stand a chance this year. theyve lost alot of good players. maybe if eric wade has a run in the midfield.

emus- dont know much about them. i know they have a very good payer- marcus "big" nanudie running around. i wouldnt get in his way. strong powerfull man. very hard to tackle. lets hope the WHOLE team can wear boots this year.

derby- hahahahahahahahahahahahah no chance hahahahahahahahaha what a joke hahahahahahahaha

Yeah nice write up kingkernahan, i think you may be wrong about the derby tigers and townies. Keep in mind we were resting a lot of boys and our young boys showed a lot. We are still to get a few big boys back from perth at the start of the year. If the tigers beat a fit bulls by 60 odd and and have that many to choose from then i think they may also be a contender this year. Sainties willl be alright also. I take it your mates with a few of the young boys at townies coz personally i would not say damon howard and joel murray are hardnuts, i have been trying to get muzza to pull his finger out for years to no prevail..... As for the bulls, i think there is a few better players than their captain that also put in the hard yards, ben croy and dom tracey to name a few. They may go alright but not a top 4 thats for sure. Definatley a smokey for kevin bullen medal this year would have to be Zac Cox. Meybe not as nimble as his younger bro but he definatley has better skillls isnt the seagull type. They seems to have the alround mix for success this year. bring on the round 1!!!!

Administrator

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  up the blues on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:54 pm

happened to watch a bit of the saints game no real eye catchers for me except tristram pigram when he got the ball mind you didnt play the whole game and another one of there midfielders cant rememeber wat number he was caucasion fellow tho also a couple of there young guns kadin bauer and the other young boy left footer also look like they may stamp their mark on the wkfl no one really stood out for the towns and are gonna have to rely fully on each player doing their job week in week out if they wanna play finals footy akso happened to watch the bombers intra club scratchy on sat liked the look of tristan bedford last year played in east kimberly league he is another big recruit for the bombers quite similiar player to jo dann probably not as good but will be a very handy player waylon pigram struggled with fitness last yr but he also is looking the goods and can be a real game winner bombers also look as if they have picked up a few bigger bodies which i think they lacked last year also heard young gun ash hill had a good game in derby kicking 3 in a quarter and could be a real x factor for the mighty bulls not to sure who else went well as i sadly couldnt make the trip but i expect this season will be one of the closest in a very long time and realistically any team can make the 4

up the blues

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Administrator on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey bull mastiff i heard along the grape vine that you are zac cox. Ture or false?

Administrator

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  up the blues on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 pm

false

up the blues

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Sainters10 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 pm

B-52 Bombers wrote:mmm mmm nice one mate, cable beach are most arrogant team in history of WKFL after winning a flag. (Agreed by all clubs including half of your own.)

Sully Sully Silly comment b52. id agree wid gone in fashion, if your team are winners and successfull you are always called arrogant and hated. Stating again, Bulls bak in the late 90's, us a few years ago after bak to bak flags were called arrogant & were hated particulary by your supporters too, towns were the last few years during their succes and now its Cables turn. i suppose its whoever wins it will cop this title. Id think you are too young to remember or its been so long since bombers won a flag that you forgotten they were just as cocky and arrogant if not the worst when they were successful many years ago. yeah the training fiasco was crap, but Cables bin told to move on & they did so get over it.

B52 yous may look the goods this year but id wait till ya can bak it up b4 trash talking that your gonna mop teams to the floor etc etc. cause like last season at the start of it yous could be getting labelled arrogant & cocky team already without even winning anything yet. & if yous finally get your success it'll be yous turn to be gettin labeled arrogant and cocky anywayz. if ya's get there ofcourse.

our scratchy was good the other nite. we had some good ball movements through the middle. we were just as young as townies. i suppose we ran out of legs in the last bit being first game youd expect that. that is what scratchys are for to get run in the legs. Trist Pigrum for bullen dis yr he is looking sensational. i think we playing Cables next week. should be a good challenge for our youngsters up against the reigning premiers. im confident we can get over em

any one else havin scratchies?

Sainters10

Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  RodgerDodger on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:27 pm

The saints and beach scratchy should be a good game to see where both sides are at, I was sitting on the fence at the beach training last week when they had a little bit of a scratchy amongst themselves, it looked pretty average at the start but once a few of the elder statesmen established themselves the games standard picked up, Evan Russell is looking in pretty good shape and was pushing hard all night, it looks like they have also picked up a little nippy young bloke by the name of Jordan King who looked like he can play a bit but we will see once round one is upon us. They also had another nippy bloke out there, I asked one of the beach boys and they said his name is terrence jack who's ex-bidgy captain, so he will add a lot of experience and pace to cable beach side.
Also from what I saw of the saints and townies game, the saints are going to look hard to beat in the new season because by then they should have it all together and they are looking much fitter than the past few years (the players that is 'not the coach!' ) and their skill levels were absolutley tremendous.

RodgerDodger

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  BARLOWFEVER on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 pm

RodgerDodger has raised an interesting topic in mentioning a few of Beaches new recruits. This time of the year people are always focused on checking out teams and see who's playing for what team, who has moved etc. etc.
Can someone confirm for me if Andre Skeen has shifted over to Towns? If so, Towns should benifit greatly as he is a great player and even better bloke. I do have a feeling however that he may end up back in Looma colours before the clearance deadline.
Saints have picked up Beach premiership player Joshua Crispin, who should fit in well with all the other pretty boys down at saints. Bombers have also done well again in recruiting a host of quality players such as Bedford, Yunipungu, William Miller and Zac Cox in Broome full time. Not to sure about Bulls but you would imagine they would have picked up a couple of out of towners with their strong off field contacts.
If Derby/Looma/Mowanjim were to combine a side you would think they might do well as there is a lot of talent up there. Would definately give the Broome teams a run for their money.
Please keep us updated on player movements/recruits as it is a great talking point.
Not too keen though, on people accusing blokes of being on the forum. Just have your say and get on with it I reckon. Everyone agree?

BARLOWFEVER

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  footyfan on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 pm

BARLOWFEVER wrote:RodgerDodger has raised an interesting topic in mentioning a few of Beaches new recruits. This time of the year people are always focused on checking out teams and see who's playing for what team, who has moved etc. etc.
Can someone confirm for me if Andre Skeen has shifted over to Towns? If so, Towns should benifit greatly as he is a great player and even better bloke. I do have a feeling however that he may end up back in Looma colours before the clearance deadline.
Saints have picked up Beach premiership player Joshua Crispin, who should fit in well with all the other pretty boys down at saints. Bombers have also done well again in recruiting a host of quality players such as Bedford, Yunipungu, William Miller and Zac Cox in Broome full time. Not to sure about Bulls but you would imagine they would have picked up a couple of out of towners with their strong off field contacts.
If Derby/Looma/Mowanjim were to combine a side you would think they might do well as there is a lot of talent up there. Would definately give the Broome teams a run for their money.
Please keep us updated on player movements/recruits as it is a great talking point.
Not too keen though, on people accusing blokes of being on the forum. Just have your say and get on with it I reckon. Everyone agree?
Was talking to big andre the other day and he seems pretty happy at towns. time will tell. Having said that if he registers to play with towns, and this goes for any player in the league, and does want to go back to looma, can towns with hold his clearance?

footyfan

Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  lifemember1 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 am

Footyfan, a club can only prevent a player moving clubs if they owe money etc. Under the new transfer policies a player can submit a clearance and if a club doesn't respond within 2 weeks the clearance is automatically approved.

Andre Skeen is playing for Towns but having watched last weeks scratchy I must say he never looked comfortable at any stage and I reckon you'll never see Andre play as well for Towns as he did for Looma.

If Brett Claudius can play a full season he will win the Bullen by a country mile but has the other issue of players such as Joe Dann taking votes from him also. Tristram Pigram whilst being a slick mover and a standout at Saints doesn't handle the physical game well and I have seen teams unsettle him through close checking tactics. Another to watch for the Bullen will be Mick Pigram and despite missing a few last year I thought he was the standout midfielder in the competition. He will be up there again in the voting.

On the Saints vs Towns scratchy good to see Scully Edgar pulling the boots on again, something I must admit I've never seen given his choice to wear no boots during his early days at Bidgy and the eternal speedster David Pigram, still burning blokes off with pace at his age.

lifemember1

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: early thoughts

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum