Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

early thoughts

+22
The Scout
GO WESTCOAST!!!
Delicious
juddy!!!!
Cyrus
dockers 2010
lifemember1
BARLOWFEVER
Sainters10
kingkernahan
Goinoutafashion
number 1#
Kingcarey
HawkeEye
Nic Nat
Stains
G-ABLETT JNR
footyfan
chuck
RodgerDodger
Administrator
up the blues
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

early thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: early thoughts

Post  dockers 2010 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 am

it appears that many posters on broomesport are eager to see the return of zac cox to the bombers lineup on a full time basis. zac cox would be well known around broome as a party boy but an undoubted football talent. casting back to 2004, a fully fit zac cox was near unstoppable, whether it be his 15 marks at chf or his hard ball gets on a midfield rotation. as many may now know, zac cox has recently become engaged and inturn has settled down and had his first preseason since 2004. now at 25 or 26, the peak years should be upon him and if plays at the level of footy he once had, he will be an asset to the bombers outfit and could be the difference in them making the step from runners up to premiers.

also has anyone heard if cal tolentino is back at towns this year? townies with the losses of players will struggle to make the top 4 this year as you cant rely on the under 16's coming up and making the grade in league football straight away however cal tolentino is a player that can win a game off his own boot with limited opportunities and really can only see that as a way of towns sneaking into the 4

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 pm

bullmastiff wrote:happened to watch a bit of the saints game no real eye catchers for me except tristram pigram when he got the ball mind you didnt play the whole game and another one of there midfielders cant rememeber wat number he was caucasion fellow tho also a couple of there young guns kadin bauer and the other young boy left footer also look like they may stamp their mark on the wkfl no one really stood out for the towns and are gonna have to rely fully on each player doing their job week in week out if they wanna play finals footy akso happened to watch the bombers intra club scratchy on sat liked the look of tristan bedford last year played in east kimberly league he is another big recruit for the bombers quite similiar player to jo dann probably not as good but will be a very handy player waylon pigram struggled with fitness last yr but he also is looking the goods and can be a real game winner bombers also look as if they have picked up a few bigger bodies which i think they lacked last year also heard young gun ash hill had a good game in derby kicking 3 in a quarter and could be a real x factor for the mighty bulls not to sure who else went well as i sadly couldnt make the trip but i expect this season will be one of the closest in a very long time and realistically any team can make the 4

Sorry mate, tried to read this but it was giving me a massive headache. Few full stops needed.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Lightning Carnival on 16/4/10 - 18/4/10. Games 2 x 15 minute halves
I believe Friday night games at BRAC, Saturday and Sunday games on Haynes.
I hear Bardi are fielding a team, could this be the 9th team into the WKFL for 2011, byes would be good to have.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Bulls v Tigers game in Derby was a good hit out for both teams, Derby looked like an NFL franchise with an entire extra team on the bench! David Altham carved up again and with the extra support he'll get this year he's a real chance for the Bullen, if Hoffy plays all year expect him to top the goal kicking ladder - very smart footballer and it is showing in his coaching already.
Bulls struggled early with the extra numbers to the ball and the run of half back from the Tigers and their kicking under pressure let them down, missed way too many tragets that resulted in costly turnovers. Ben Croy, Stamps and Stewie were standouts for the game, these guys never give up and battle hard for 4 quarters. Lots of new faces again at the Bulls and they didn't start gelling as a team until the last quarter, but some promising signs. The coach threw some new players into the middle for the last - the 3 juniors who made the trip showed some real heart and put their bodies over the ball, and making a welcome return to the team was Apples! Still a bit unfit, but showed us glimpses of the devestating player he can be.

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 pm

lifemember1 wrote:Footyfan, a club can only prevent a player moving clubs if they owe money etc. Under the new transfer policies a player can submit a clearance and if a club doesn't respond within 2 weeks the clearance is automatically approved.

Andre Skeen is playing for Towns but having watched last weeks scratchy I must say he never looked comfortable at any stage and I reckon you'll never see Andre play as well for Towns as he did for Looma.

If Brett Claudius can play a full season he will win the Bullen by a country mile but has the other issue of players such as Joe Dann taking votes from him also. Tristram Pigram whilst being a slick mover and a standout at Saints doesn't handle the physical game well and I have seen teams unsettle him through close checking tactics. Another to watch for the Bullen will be Mick Pigram and despite missing a few last year I thought he was the standout midfielder in the competition. He will be up there again in the voting.

On the Saints vs Towns scratchy good to see Scully Edgar pulling the boots on again, something I must admit I've never seen given his choice to wear no boots during his early days at Bidgy and the eternal speedster David Pigram, still burning blokes off with pace at his age.

Just to clear things up andre skeen has signed up with the townies and has said he is committed to playing iwth the boys this year. Also Calvin tolo will definately be playing this year but with who is another question seeing as a few boys are back at saints.

A huge pickup for the saints is old time player and tough nut, Nathan Pigram. Personally, the best of the pigrams. Look for him to lay a few big bumps this year and ruffle a few feathers.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:17 pm

yeh would have to agree with nathan pigram being a big plus for saints, much different player to brother and cousins but alot stronger and consistant.joe dann will win kevin bullan with ease unless he misses a few games through injury or wat ever. doubt andrea will stay with towns. also jordan king will be a good pick up have seen him play before and will be quiet handy whose young left footer for saints? he looks to be the goods

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

lifemember1 wrote:Footyfan, a club can only prevent a player moving clubs if they owe money etc. Under the new transfer policies a player can submit a clearance and if a club doesn't respond within 2 weeks the clearance is automatically approved.

Andre Skeen is playing for Towns but having watched last weeks scratchy I must say he never looked comfortable at any stage and I reckon you'll never see Andre play as well for Towns as he did for Looma.

If Brett Claudius can play a full season he will win the Bullen by a country mile but has the other issue of players such as Joe Dann taking votes from him also. Tristram Pigram whilst being a slick mover and a standout at Saints doesn't handle the physical game well and I have seen teams unsettle him through close checking tactics. Another to watch for the Bullen will be Mick Pigram and despite missing a few last year I thought he was the standout midfielder in the competition. He will be up there again in the voting.

On the Saints vs Towns scratchy good to see Scully Edgar pulling the boots on again, something I must admit I've never seen given his choice to wear no boots during his early days at Bidgy and the eternal speedster David Pigram, still burning blokes off with pace at his age.
Dont think Adre has done much training down at towns as yet so probably a bit unfit on friday night. Also pretty sure that cal tolentino will be at towns and was spotted down at training on monday night. towns will improve a fair bit on friday nights game as they were missing several players. true the comment about towns not wanting to rely on the kids. they showed a bit on friday night but they still are very young.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  BARLOWFEVER Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Anyone know if any scratch matches on this weekend. Maybe not as its Easter long weekend. I heard Saints vs Beach on April 10 under lights at BRAC. Should be interesting game, with both teams to benifit from the hit out. Personally I hope Saints give them a touch up but Beach are always tough to beat. Bombers are keen to have a run before lightning carnival but not sure they have found a team to play - maybe Towns?
How is the league looking in terms of umpires for 2010? This is always a hot topic and the men in white are hard to find - good ones anyway. I would love to give it a go but wouldnt be able to put up with the abuse from supporters.
By the way, as a newcomer to the forum here is my tip for the ladder to finish up at seasons end.

1. Saints
2. Bombers
3. Derby
4. C Beach
5. Looma
6. Bidyadanga
7. Towns
8. Bulls

Bullen medal - Mick Pigram

BARLOWFEVER

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingcarey Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Yeah i would have to agree with you i think mic pirgram will win the kevin bullen by a few votes with a close joe dann second. leading goalkicker this year will be fought out by brothers calvin tolo and cornell, my smokey for leading goal kicker being the under rated Hilly at the bulls.

Kingcarey

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

sorry buddy i can think of a lot better forwards than them. Personally if your talking smokeys then goal sneak sensation jahved cox would be a hot tip. You cant go past Jay casidy as a consistent target that just keeps chugging away for his side like a well oiled machine, look for him to contribute this year in a big way. Obvious one is also niel marshall if he decides to put the boots on for another year.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 pm

I will go with the derby coach for the goal kicking and david altham to win from jo dann in the bullen.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm

yea would have to agree with big neilo for leading goal if he plays or u cant go passed big hoffy from derby tigers, bullen will be won by macka from towns, followed close by j.cox and joe dann.. smokey for the bullen would have to be jimmy stewart or ben croy!! hope the umps have a good year, are they sponsored by opsm aswell, lets hope so!!!

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Apparently the WKFL are first inline to get the new bionic eye for the umps Very Happy

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 pm

heard a lil rumour marshell and claudious are leaving town is this true! if it happens they will struggle!!

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Have heard the same juddy. Apparently Claudius going back to Perth. Big loss for Beach and League if true.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm

i think Claudius has a achilles injury but will be right for round one and Marshall is taking up a new job in Perth mid season.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  BARLOWFEVER Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am

Yeah I heard through a reliable source that Claudius has cracked the sh*ts with Beach coach Tony Russell and wont play footy at all this year. I also think he's struggling with an injury anyway... As for for Marshall, I heard he's already moved back to Perth. Also take into consideration that Joe Dann will play limited games this year due to work committments. Three huge losses for the reigning premiers...

BARLOWFEVER

Back to top Go down

early thoughts - Page 3 Empty claudius talk of the town

Post  Delicious Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm

had a quick peek at beaches scratch match last night and was surprised to see claudius playing, he didnt do to much but may be restricted by injury. dont know if they where resting players but overall they looked very average.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 am

yeah i was watching from the fence too. i think claudius got concuseed in the 1st quarter. Copped an elbow from coach T. Russell in the first few mins of the game. The coach literally charged in off the square and hammered the little tacker after like the 2nd ball up. he was a bit groggy for the rest of the game. they even had words. jeez they played physical

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:36 am

I keep hearing that the beach coach is not very well liked down there. It is surprising considering they won the flag last year. Then again if he is charging in off the square to try take out his best player in the first few moments of an intra club game then its not hard to see why.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Scout Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:10 am

Delicious wrote:had a quick peek at beaches scratch match last night and was surprised to see claudius playing, he didnt do to much but may be restricted by injury. dont know if they where resting players but overall they looked very average.

Interesting delicious and Go west coast as i also had a quick peek down the BRAC that night and didnt see anyone else around. What i did see was claudius do about 12x200m sprints before training followed by him start in the fwd pocket where he had 6 goals by half time. yes 6. i was taking a few stats and also noticed the guy i think use to play for emus kick about 4 also.

No Neil Marshall but, so rumours must be true about him having left town and hanging up the boots. Which i believe will be a huge bonus for Fullbacks of the WKFL because he was literally in a league of his own up here and unstoppable. I heard he has an assistant coaches role with Subiaco his old WAFL team. can anyone confirm this?

On Beach's scratchy. Maybe you saw the last quarter Delicious as i did notice in this quarter an extremely beefed up looking Jay judd Cassidy keep an on fire Claudius goaless. He also had about 4 majors by games end too. and even then i dont think claudius was injured as i witnessed after the game he did another 12X200m sprints. Yeah i think i nearly spewed up on the side just watchinig him.

A young fella they called Jordan was Mr ball magnet for the game and they had Sonny Dann playing too. He was probably Best on. absolutely dominated. i bet theyll be hoping they got him for the season but i doubt it i believe he's signed with claremont now so no chance.

Overall but beach look like they need to get a bit fitter. i know scratchies are never the same intensity than a real match but they did look a bit behind the 8-Ball

The Scout

Back to top Go down

Post  BARLOWFEVER Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:05 pm

What's all this talk about Cable Beach? There are 7 other teams in the WKFL and all this forum seems to be focused on is CBeach. Im sure there are other players/coaches/teams we can chat about besides claudius, Marshall etc....

Anyone heard how Looma is shaping up for the lightning carnival? They seem to thrive on the carnival type games and would be a huge chance to take it out this year. They will miss A. Skeen though... Derby should do well also.

I see Saints are having their 50th year launch this weekend, sounds like it should be a great night. I think its good to see this type of thing happening in Broome and it gives other teams something to aspire to. Congratulations Saints...

BARLOWFEVER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sainters10 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm

BARLOWFEVER wrote:What's all this talk about Cable Beach? There are 7 other teams in the WKFL and all this forum seems to be focused on is CBeach. Im sure there are other players/coaches/teams we can chat about besides claudius, Marshall etc....

Anyone heard how Looma is shaping up for the lightning carnival? They seem to thrive on the carnival type games and would be a huge chance to take it out this year. They will miss A. Skeen though... Derby should do well also.

I see Saints are having their 50th year launch this weekend, sounds like it should be a great night. I think its good to see this type of thing happening in Broome and it gives other teams something to aspire to. Congratulations Saints...

I agree totally.Whats all the talk abou Cables what about summer the otha teams. Not much said about Loomer or Emus. they could be damaging this year just hiding under the radar.

Maybe if we can roll cables in our scratchy this saturday then we mite become the talk of the town.

also thanks Barlo for the plug. Again If any one is interested in a good night out on Saturday with live music, a good feed and celebrating some wkfl history then make sure you come along to St mary's College for the Broome Saints Football Club 50th Yr Celebration Evening

Sainters10

Back to top Go down

early thoughts - Page 3 Empty smokey

Post  kingkernahan Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

2010 kevin bullen medallist- matthew jordinson

kingkernahan

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Apparently Towns signed a gun fullback from Victoria last night with another ex VFL player on the way. Need to gain a few more yet but Towns may not slide as far as people think. From all reports the new coach has the young fellas pretty fit with good numbers reported at training.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum