New Recriuts for the 2011 upcoming season..

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: New Recriuts for the 2011 upcoming season..

Post  footyfan on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Congrats to Bombers for winning the carnival again. Is that 3 years in a row now? Your right sleepwalker when the number 6 for towns got sent off the game changed. Was probably the player of the carnival for mine up until that point. Not sure about Jimmy winning the medal. Not even sure he was bulls best player over the carnival. Happy to admit I got it wrong on some of the bulls talls. Fumbled a lot and were made to look very slow at times too.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  justfooty on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 am

Did anyone else get the feeling that Towns were trying to cause trouble on the field to put Bombers off their game? Little Waylon Pigram seem to be on the receiving end a couple of times. Not a bad strategy but didnt work for them.

justfooty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I thought bulls was supposed to have the team this year, didn’t look to good from what I saw, so who’s the team to beat this year?

Saintly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicious on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 pm

bombers look the best at this early stage but towns and bidgy look like contenders with derby,looma,bulls,saints and beach still needing to improve if they want to have a chance come finals. still i never read to much into the carnival most teams have players missing and clubs are trying players in different positions as well as the short games its hard to judge where teams are realy at. was interested to see tim rictor not playing. have heard he has jumped ship and has gone to bulls for money a lage amount i have heard.i do agree with the comments of others on jamie stuart being player of the carnival didnt stand out at all bombers had 2 or 3 better as well as no 6 towns . is it an omen that the bombers have won the last 3 carnival gfs and could go onto loose 3 real GF's in a row im sure it will play on there mind.

ladder prediction1
1bombers
2towns
3bulls
4beach
5bidgy
6saints
7derby
8looma

Delicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 pm

is it an omen that the bombers have won the last 3 carnival gfs and could go onto loose 3 real GF's in a row im sure it will play on there mind.

I think your right Delicious Bombers have ckoked in the last 2 GF'S and i am pretty sure did the same in the late 90's and lost 4 in a row talk about pressure boy.

Saintly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Tips for first round anyone?
Will go with Bombers to beat Beach by about 5 goals.
Towns to beat Saints by 4 goals.
Bulls and Bidgy should be a cracker with the Bulls to win by 10 points.
Derby to beat Looma by 15 points.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck on Sun May 01, 2011 8:44 pm

you were right on the money footyfan except it was bulls by 10 goals, not ten points. Don't think anyone saw that one coming

do you know who won the derby / looma game ?

Does anyone know much about the number 1 jumper from townies, he looked the goods against saints ?

Richter would have been close to bulls best, good to see him back in the wkfl

chuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

Bulls looked pretty good against Bidgy on the weekend. Was that the Bidgy full forward playing for Bulls? Another good recruit if it was. Pretty sure Looma got over Derby so got that one wrong. Can't say I noticed townies #1 on the weekend but #20 was pretty good.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Early in the week I know but gonna roll out some tips for round 2.
Cable Beach and Bidgy should be a pretty close encounter. I'm told beach gave a pretty good account of themselves against probably the early flag favourites on Friday night, and with the Bulls blowing Bidgy away I'll go with Beach by 20.
Saints and Looma should be a close game. Got to see the Towns and Saints on the weekend and Saints were pretty good in the first half. Have only seen Looma during the carnival so far and although beating Derby last weekend I think Saints will get up by a goal.
Match of the round sees Towns and Bombers do battle. Bombers had to fight hard for their victory against Beach last week, but after the carnival will go in as favourites. Towns have shown to be a hard running team with some excellent recruits, but I think the Bombers will win by 2 goals.
Derby vs Bulls will be an interesting game. Derby will be smarting after getting knocked off on their home ground last week and won't want to lose 2 in a row at home. The Bulls will be aiming to keep top spot and justify all the hype around town regarding their prospects this season. If Bulls are to be the real deal this year they should win by about 3 goals.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  justfooty on Mon May 09, 2011 10:16 am

The games on the weekend were a bit physical. I saw the full back for Beach take a few hits after pissing off the forward line for the Emu's.. I've heard he likes to do a lot of talking on the oval.
The Bombers and Towns game was again physical. The same Towns boy from the Lightening carnival number 17 I think he was stirred up the Bombers boys. He took a cheap shot on one of the young boys in the back line which caused a bit of trouble. Then he pulled his pants done infront of an old lady on the sidelines.. I can see something big happening next time these two meet.

justfooty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Your right justfooty i also saw the beach full back copping a few. Didn't really give much back unless it was verbal too. Pretty isolated incident though and wouldn't say it was a really physical game. Watched the Towns and Bombers game too but missed the #17 incident. Was a pretty good game too with the Bombers third term looking like they had done enough, only to get completely outplayed in the last. You hate to see it but a pretty dodgy free kick in the Bombers forward line in the last minute decided the game. Gee did I overrate the Bulls. I am a supporter so I could be a bit biased, but talk about getting brought back to earth. Not sure what to make of Looma beating Derby last week, but I honestly thought the Bulls would be a big improver this year. Looma are undefeated after 2 rounds and probably just did enough against a pretty gallant Saints outfit.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Towns Falcon on Tue May 10, 2011 8:15 am

Umpires were pretty good on the weekend. Was the 3rd that cost us not the decision.

Towns Falcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Tips for round 3 anyone?
Beach should get over the Saints by about 4 goals. Beach have been in pretty good form.
Looma and Bulls an interesting one. Are Looma a top side? Are Bulls as bad as last weeks result? Looma by 4 goals.
Towns and Derby shaping up as match of the round. Hard to pick a winner here but will go with Derby by 2 goals because of last weeks result.
The last game has Bidgy squaring off against Bombers. Bombers should continue on their winning way and win by 7 goals.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Mon May 16, 2011 9:33 am

Well 2 out of 4 tips for the weekend for me with the Bulls causing an upset and Towns thrashing Derby. Beach did enough on Friday night to overcome the Saints. Didn't get to the game but heard big Joel might have broken his leg which is terrible news for the Saints. What about those Bulls. In what was a spitefull game at times the Bulls bounced back to beat the previously undefeated Looma by 5 points and record their second win for the season. Big effort considering the hiding they got in Derby last week. Towns showed they will be a force this year after belting the highly rated Derby by 66 points. I think I said this was to be match of the round but it was a fizzer by half time. The last game of the round saw the Bombers do enough to beat a fairly determined Bidgy. Bombers sitting on top now as the only undefeated team.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye on Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Popped into the BRAC ovals on Saturday and I was left very disappointed with what's going on there. Paid the $15 to get in for me, the misses and her mum, in which we couldn't get concession for her, and a child which was free so that was good.

But the joint had no shade anywhere on the ovals, very windy so you couldn't really put up any shade or it will blow over. There selling food with no toilets in the area, had to treck the way back into BRAC and back again. Im pretty sure if your selling food you need to provide toilets close by. I know there putting up changerooms/toliets etc, but surely this needs to go up first before any sport is played on there; put up a big shade area inbetween the grounds so its better for the spectators. Maybe even a grandstand if they want to make this the premium sporting oval for the Kimberley. I understand that touch and soccer will be played on these ovals, and cricket will be on the nipper roe oval. Unsure whats been planned but surely something for the spectators.

Once this is done, then footy should be played there during the day. Apart from that keep it at Haynes for the meantime

HawkeEye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Towns Falcon on Tue May 17, 2011 9:20 pm

HawkeEye wrote:Popped into the BRAC ovals on Saturday and I was left very disappointed with what's going on there. Paid the $15 to get in for me, the misses and her mum, in which we couldn't get concession for her, and a child which was free so that was good.

But the joint had no shade anywhere on the ovals, very windy so you couldn't really put up any shade or it will blow over. There selling food with no toilets in the area, had to treck the way back into BRAC and back again. Im pretty sure if your selling food you need to provide toilets close by. I know there putting up changerooms/toliets etc, but surely this needs to go up first before any sport is played on there; put up a big shade area inbetween the grounds so its better for the spectators. Maybe even a grandstand if they want to make this the premium sporting oval for the Kimberley. I understand that touch and soccer will be played on these ovals, and cricket will be on the nipper roe oval. Unsure whats been planned but surely something for the spectators.

Once this is done, then footy should be played there during the day. Apart from that keep it at Haynes for the meantime

All very good points Hawkeye. The fact there are no toilets is a disgrace. I have another issue with playing there as well. On Saturday we played Derby at the same time the Bulls were taking on Looma. The fact the games are played on grounds so close to each other means we have sirens going off at different times, and as we saw on saturday confusing everyone. Surely the league must have been a bit embarassed by it too as when play stopped in our game because of the Bulls/Looma siren, the "officials" on the sideline had to jump out of their chairs to let the umpires know our clock was still running. Personally I'd rather play at Haines every week anyway. Brac ok for Friday night games but thats all.

Towns Falcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 pm

All good points Hawkeye and Towns Falcon and what gets me is the season is played at Broome's busiest time of year. It would seem a bit of a circus to travelling aussie footy fans who pop in to have a look at some local footy.
Anyway bit of fun here. Official WKFL premiership odds for 2011 after round 3.
Bombers............$2.30
Towns..............$2.50
Beach...............$2.80
Derby...............$2.00
Looma..............$2.20
Bulls.................$2.50
Bidgy&Saints......$3.50

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingsley Hunter on Wed May 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Any news on whether Kyle Contos is going to pull on the boots this year for the bombers. Having seen him in action last year he looked to be one of the bombers most reliable defenders and i wasn't afraid to split a pack. Would be a very good big boost to the bombers premiership chances this year if they could get this bloke up and going again.

Kingsley Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Fri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Tips for this week.
Bombers should continue their unbeaten run against the Saints.
Looma maybe against the Emus but only just.
Towns should be a bit too slick for the Bulls.
Derby to bounce back in a close one against Beach.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Well another interesting round of WKFL with perhaps the only surprise being the Derby and Beach scoreline. Beach odds for the flag will have shortened after a good win on the road, with Derby easing a bit and Looma shortening also. The other 3 games were one sided and probably expected. I'm starting to think the top 4 is finalised even at this early stage.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye on Tue May 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Heard a Brumour of a Looma Eagles supporter walking up to the umpires either at the end of the game, starting to point and yell abuse at the umpire and didn't realise the umpire was a cop/ex-cop and grab the supporters arm, twisted it and had him on the ground.
Any truth in this, if so surely we dont need this in our game and a year ban imposed or more.

Top 3 looks comfortable, interesting to see where we are at after everyone has played everyone

HawkeEye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:03 am

seen that silly, also seen z cox lift an elbow and crack the smaller shoverler boy in the chops, was given a free kick but should of been reported if you ask me was a pretty dirty act no need

Saintly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingsley Hunter on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Z cox = Cambell Brown tough uncompromising and walks a fine line

Kingsley Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Kingsley Hunter wrote:Z cox = Cambell Brown tough uncompromising and walks a fine line
Z Cox is a very limited country football thug. Relies on delivery and is too slow to have an impact otherwise. Gets frustrated as we saw verse the Bulls and becomes a try hard bully.

footyfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicious on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm

hit the nail on the head!!! week in week out z cox is a cheap dirty footballer and somehow and gets away with it.

Delicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next