Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results

+11
the don
G-ABLETT JNR
Delicious
RodgerDodger
juddy!!!!
up the blues
Graeme Hastie
GO WESTCOAST!!!
Fossils
Goinoutafashion
Low Flying Wombat
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results

Post  Low Flying Wombat Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Me old mate is too busy at present to fill me in on the goss. Let me and anyone else know what the results are for your club so we can ply over the acuracy of it all. I know Beach and Towns held theirs on the weekend. Did Tim Rickter collect the big one? Did the head shrink for WKFL get life with the Bombers? Put it out there and promote your players and club and the great game itself. Go The Doggies.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty Re: WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results

Post  Goinoutafashion Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm

My sources tell me that Javid Cox won the Bombers B&F from Jappo Clarke. Well deserved but I'd love to see Javid playing off of half back with his pace and ability to read the play. Mick Pigram would be unlucky but given injury lay offs and work commitments but truly the only player in Bombers other than Dom Matso who can get a hard ball get.

Joey Dann took out another Beach F&B and must be his 5 or 6. Quite a record that but another consistent year well rewarded. Vic recruit Scott Clarke who I must say, I don't know a lot about was Runner Up with the evergreen Jay Cassidy finishing in the top 5.

Not sure of Townies but other than Barker, McRae and Sara I don't reckon anyone would have gotten close to Richter who was a standout performer for Towns. With an ageing list Townies will be hoping he's around next year. Will the high flying Blackers be back? Still probably one of the fittest players at Towns and still gets up for the odd screamer or two. Matty shouldn't be more than three years away from making his mark on Towns, maybe they will play together.

How many other Father/Son combos has anyone seen in the WKFL? I'd be interested to know.

Anyway, well done to all award winners and teams on a great year. I wish I could play the game but unfortunately wasn't dealt a great range of physical attributes but gee I enjoy the WK style of game.

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossils Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 am

If Jay Cassidy can finish in the Top 5 at CBFC, then there must be some rigged voting. Because from the games i watched he was no stand out, he would chip in each quarter but definetly didn't deserve a Top 5 finish.

But Congratulations to Jahved Cox, who had a breakout year with the Bombers!

Fossils

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 am

Cassidy top 5??? Probably due to the fact that apart from Dann, Clark, Claudius, Angus, Marshall there were no Standouts...

The whole Beach team was pretty consistent in drips and drabs this year so as mentioned from the above 5, of whom im sure probably beat Cassidy by a long way, there was probably a number of players finishing on high votes but probably no where near those top 5...

He did string a few consistent games together, ripping apart both Saints and Bombers from what i saw...And he either was a disrespected opponent or just difficult for the bombers to match up on in their last 3 encounters against each other as he chipped in well with 2 or 3 each game in what were reasonably low scoring games...Give the fella some credit

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty Club Fairest and Best results

Post  Graeme Hastie Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Firstly congratulations to all of the fairest and best winners in the WKFL.
Seems to be a lot of attention on Jay Cassidy and the fact that he finished fifth in the CBFC vote.Well Jay I believe you get what you deserve and you have worked hard both pre season and throughout the year to improve your fitness level and to become a better player.
To all those out there taking cheap shots behind hidden names I can tell you as a coach of any team in this competion I would love to have 24 fit Jay Cassidy's in my side. What he may lack in natural ability he more than makes up for in commitment at the footy, commitment to his team mates, commitment to the job the coach has asked for and most of all great commitment and passion for the colours of CBFC.
Jay gives 120% 100% of the time.
CBFC proved the old saying " A champion team will beat a team of champions"
The grand final performance of CBFC can be described in one word ' POWERFUL"

Graeme Hastie

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:50 pm

If you had a team of Jay Cassidys u wouldnt win a game sorry Grahem
fair enough he tries hard but no way top 5 in the beach

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:33 pm

I agree...A team of Jay Cassidy's definitely wouldnt win a game...i bet he'd give you a run for your money but who ever you are...

He probably already has hence the bad comments your making against him...And he definitely aint top 5 at the Beach I agree. but can you name any others who put in as consistent years as he supposedly has...

Seriously, bring out the names...I am not a huge beach fan but id like to know who played better than those named in their top 5 vote getters at cbfc...who ever their top 5 were... fair enough if he finished higher than a claudius, clark, dann angus etc then may be he's got something goin on with who gives out the votes...Maybe bribing with beer... But did any of these guys mentioned above finish lower than him???

What was their count and what votes were given?

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:38 pm

wouldnt have a clue my but my top 5 tho would be

Jo Dan
Bret Claudius
Scott Clarke
Bradley Angus
Harry Wilding or Demeo (undecided)

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Thats definitely the clubs top 5 overall for sure...

But it aint their best and fairest for this year. how could claudius be runner up if he only played 5 games??? De Meo...A star but struggled in a few and dont forget came half way through the year

Cassidy aint top 5 at the Beach I agree. But obviously by their club count he was this year.

Again, Can you name any others who put in as consistent years as he supposedly has...Are their votes counted purely on how many possessions they get, goals they kick or are they on roles completed, jobs done, 1 percenters, goal assissts etc. Cause in games i watched from the hill he seemed do be doin a few of these things each week. Just because a player doesent rake it in on the posses list doesent mean he hasnt caught the eye of vote givers for doing other things...

You gotta do the math before you slag people man, seriously. He must have given you an ass whipping hence the uproar against him...Good on him...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 pm

id say j.cox had a stand out year yes. i seen him play a few games this year and he really tore the competition apart.should have polled higher in the bullen.. jo dann easliy best player in broome.. jamie stewart from bullies is the toughest in the comp i reckon!!!

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 pm

well i watched most beach games and i could of chosen a top 5 which didnt include jay 85% of games
as 4 claudius he probably still would of finished high at club f&b simply because he would have had max
votes for the first 4 or 5 games b4 he got injured as he still finished top 5 in the bullan and even if demeo didnt finish top 5
surely they would have guys like wilding, reidy, that number 21 guy plays in foward line sean mason evan russel all these guys would
surelly be b4 cassidy in the count

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm

well unlike us, the people that do the votes for CBFC must be at 100% of the games you would think...Must be the 15% you missed out on where he did the damage...

Besides...As a keen follower of the footy up here it doesent take a rocket scientist to see that if you were at 85% of the footy you would have noticed that Reidy was injured for about 7 games, No.21 only played about 4 and Wilding like wise missed a number of games

You know whats sad...is that i wouldnt be suprised if you're one of his own team mates and your having a go at him...What a great team mate you'd be...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:59 am

Whoever BullMastiff is, you have obviously never seen Jay Cassidy play. From my time at the Beach, he is one of the integral parts of the club, whether he's kicking freak goals from the boundary or organising the Beach Bali Trip off his own back.
Although I didn't get down to as much as games as I would have liked to this year, from what I sore of Cassidy was excellent, early in the year he played back pocket where he wasn't all that consistent, then he moved to the wing for a breakout game against saints, and then I seen him play Forward Pocket throughout the Finals, and I've gotta say he was the missing link in the Beachs' forward line, he was always at the right spot at the right time and he even kicked a couple of games each game along with his constant pressure in the forward 50.
So BullMastiff I suggest you ease up, because your facts aren't right.
But with the mention of Wilding and Demeo, we all know defenders never poll that well in any vote count, they may be good contributors but I'm sure they never have any expectations when it comes to B&F awards.

RodgerDodger

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty WKFL B & F Juddy

Post  Low Flying Wombat Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Jay Cassidy played his best football this season. Too many players get stereotyped as a certain position player and they can become stale with that. Jay was moved to several new positions by the coach and the player responded. Jay well and truly deserves the votes given to him. I love to see a player step up another level and he has done that. Well done Jay and Cable Beach Football Club
RodgerDodger wrote:Whoever BullMastiff is, you have obviously never seen Jay Cassidy play. From my time at the Beach, he is one of the integral parts of the club, whether he's kicking freak goals from the boundary or organising the Beach Bali Trip off his own back.
Although I didn't get down to as much as games as I would have liked to this year, from what I sore of Cassidy was excellent, early in the year he played back pocket where he wasn't all that consistent, then he moved to the wing for a breakout game against saints, and then I seen him play Forward Pocket throughout the Finals, and I've gotta say he was the missing link in the Beachs' forward line, he was always at the right spot at the right time and he even kicked a couple of games each game along with his constant pressure in the forward 50.
So BullMastiff I suggest you ease up, because your facts aren't right.
But with the mention of Wilding and Demeo, we all know defenders never poll that well in any vote count, they may be good contributors but I'm sure they never have any expectations when it comes to B&F awards.

Last edited by Low Flying Wombat on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty WKFL B & F

Post  Low Flying Wombat Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Javed got plenty of the ball but lets the team down with the running in circles and poor disposal as witnessed in the grand final when seven of his kicks went straight to the opposition, often after a circle run. Bart Pigram also let the team down with poor disposal after doing the hard work of getting the pill. Improve in these facets of the game and the recognition will come from the football fraternity.
juddy!!!! wrote:id say j.cox had a stand out year yes. i seen him play a few games this year and he really tore the competition apart.should have polled higher in the bullen.. jo dann easliy best player in broome.. jamie stewart from bullies is the toughest in the comp i reckon!!!

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty WKFL B & F

Post  Low Flying Wombat Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Bullmastiffy, you need to watch the football a bit closer and check what went on at the Beach this season. Jay Cassidy is top five material.
bullmastiff wrote:If you had a team of Jay Cassidys u wouldnt win a game sorry Grahem
fair enough he tries hard but no way top 5 in the beach

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:03 am

is this broome sport forum or cable beach forum
if neil marshall doesnt play nxt yr GREENBACKS will not win the premiership!!!!!!!!!

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:04 am

although j dann is the best plaer in the league adam goodes of the wkfl

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:47 am

well alot of the comment is towards Cable beach cause its knobs like you starting the talking about cable beach! Jeez mate your a few penny's short of a dollar ill give you that...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 am

bullmastiff wrote:is this broome sport forum or cable beach forum
if neil marshall doesnt play nxt yr GREENBACKS will not win the premiership!!!!!!!!!

And from what ive heard the Beach have already a few big ins next year that will help make up for the loss of Marshall. A few Bedfords, Maybe even a few Pigrams and lets just throw a cox in there to get the heads turning...Either that or Cassidy can take over Full Forward!!!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:30 am

Richter may leave Broome temporarily but supposedly loves the lifestyle here. Towns are always around the mark anyway and whilst if he doesn't return it will be a big loss they will always cover their losses with new blokes coming to town. They promote themselves heavily across Australia.

Anyone who any other F&B results across the WKFL???

We have details of Cable Beach, Bombers, any news on the other clubs???

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty saints b&f

Post  Delicious Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:35 am

davo cox won the saints best and fairest
closely followed by James sutherland he was unlucky not to win it had a great year.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:52 pm

juddy!!!! wrote:id say j.cox had a stand out year yes. i seen him play a few games this year and he really tore the competition apart.should have polled higher in the bullen.. jo dann easliy best player in broome.. jamie stewart from bullies is the toughest in the comp i reckon!!!

??? Dont know bout this one. Seen the big Jimster nearly faint over the sight of his own blood in a game b4...

The Collossus J.Sutherland easily by 5 lengths takes this title...

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:03 pm

which pigrams and which cox doubt that buddy

up the blues

Back to top Go down

WKFL Club Fairest and Best Results Empty Surprisingly surprised

Post  the don Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Well i hope all you numpty heads bought a year book.
Regardless i must congratulate you all on your most passionate usage of percentages to illustrate your points, graeme hastie and his mathematical 120% anomaly aside.
Speaking of such things - is being a few pennies short of a dollar like being a few sandwiches short of a six pack?
Hope to read more debate on who finished fifth in other clubs best and fairesteses for so long as the website is still running. haa zaa

the don

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next