Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Already?

+6
chuck
You've got Gas
Graeme Hastie
ngurrpa
Stains
Administrator
10 posters

Go down

Training Already? Empty Training Already?

Post  Administrator Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

I was unlucky enuf to be down at Gantheume beach on Sunday Arvo and saw the bulls doing sprints up the sand joons. Dont know how much thats going to help! Cable beach and saints also startin running! i think the best way to get into preseeson is just to have a drink with ya mates and do some bonding, dont really need to do fitness in this comp just long kicking excersizes. Thats how we've been doin it and it seems to be workin.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Training Already? Empty Re: Training Already?

Post  Stains Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Have to disagree, it's good to get the fitness up early burn off those xmas calories and when the season comes around there'll be more time at training to focus on skills and tactics. Rather than wasting time doing laps and beep tests. Worked for the Beach last year.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  ngurrpa Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:14 am

How did that tactic work for ya last season 'townies 4 the 10 granday'?

ngurrpa

Back to top Go down

Training Already? Empty Training Already

Post  Graeme Hastie Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

Mate you may remember that Cable Beach won the 2009 Grand Final that's how it worked for them.
Don't be surprised to see them go back to back.

Graeme Hastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:48 pm

I believe Cable Beach only won becoze they get all the good players from outta town, not neceserilly coz they train hard at all. Us boys dont abuse our positions in broom to get all the players we let them make up their own mind. Thats just my opinion though im sure there are different sides.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy wrote:I was unlucky enuf to be down at Gantheume beach on Sunday Arvo and saw the bulls doing sprints up the sand joons. Dont know how much thats going to help! Cable beach and saints also startin running! i think the best way to get into preseeson is just to have a drink with ya mates and do some bonding, dont really need to do fitness in this comp just long kicking excersizes. Thats how we've been doin it and it seems to be workin.

I seem to recall seeing a bunch of Townies going for a run on the beach a full week before the Bulls - you musn't be on Blackers email list hey

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:29 pm

I happened to see Bulls on Sunday as well. They looked like they were pushing pretty hard in the sand. I heard they've been doing weights before Xmas as well. see how they go this year I guess.
Good to bond pre season, but you gotta do the hard yards too.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy wrote:I believe Cable Beach only won becoze they get all the good players from outta town, not neceserilly coz they train hard at all. Us boys dont abuse our positions in broom to get all the players we let them make up their own mind. Thats just my opinion though im sure there are different sides.

I think you'll find that the Cable Beach team is predominently made up of local Broome blokes or blokes that have already been here for some time. Most new players join because they already have a relationship with the club through a friend, workmate or something of that sort. Others join the Beach simply because it's their preference over the other teams and you can ask yourself why that is. Point is Cable Beach doesn't take an underhanded approach to recruiting players.

Anyway I always thought Towns and Bulls snagged most of the "outta towners"?

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 am

Talking about training - what's with Cable Beach training on a Tuesday Thursday? They're supposed to go back to Monday Wednesday's this year aren't they??

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 am

Premiers Can do what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Come on... its not as if Bulls have anything to hide. they have nothing that Cable Beach would use...Maybe bulls can learn a thing or two training on the same nights as the reigning premiers...Might help them surge up the ladder a bit this year...Unless theyre feeling a bit over awed with training on the same night as the Big Guns... or are too threatened or embarassed to show their skills in front of a team full of high quality skill...

One can only wonder

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 am

What teams train on what nights in Broome. Does anyone train on the BRAC oval.

Anyway, Derby back into training, and have heard they are getting very good numbers between 30-40 each session. Could be fighting for a finals berth this year with Dustin 'Hoff' McKenna as coach and a few WAFL players keen for a run.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 pm

popped down the oval this arvo this afternoon to have a sticky at the teams trainin.. bulls puttin in the hard yards early with allthe running... fittness is always a good thing! cable beach had the balls out very early and looked very very average, didnt see the gun jay (JUDD) jassidy on the field!!

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:11 am

G-ABLETT JNR wrote:Premiers Can do what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Come on... its not as if Bulls have anything to hide. they have nothing that Cable Beach would use...Maybe bulls can learn a thing or two training on the same nights as the reigning premiers...Might help them surge up the ladder a bit this year...Unless theyre feeling a bit over awed with training on the same night as the Big Guns... or are too threatened or embarassed to show their skills in front of a team full of high quality skill...

One can only wonder

I have to disagree with you but your being arrogant. The only thing any team could learn from Cable beach is how to take a foot long up the hoop

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am

I bet G-Ablett Jnr is one of the cable beach players that was sitting on the bench the whole time in the grandy so dont act too cocky. I promise you townines will give you a touch up this year. got a couple of new recruits, and let me say, "They CAN play". Plus we've had someone watching beach and bulls train down at the oval the other nite and he says that beach didnt even warm up before kicking, Must have good leadership down there. As for bulls they need to work on their skills coz there are a few questionable kicking styles down there.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 am

good old cocky cable beach. if i i do recall they were sayin the same grey water when they won the 2007 flag, BACK TO BACK in 2008 and what happen... SAINTS KNOCKED U OUT.... just be quiet PLEASE!!!!!!

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:29 am

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy wrote:I bet G-Ablett Jnr is one of the cable beach players that was sitting on the bench the whole time in the grandy so dont act too cocky. I promise you townines will give you a touch up this year. got a couple of new recruits, and let me say, "They CAN play". Plus we've had someone watching beach and bulls train down at the oval the other nite and he says that beach didnt even warm up before kicking, Must have good leadership down there. As for bulls they need to work on their skills coz there are a few questionable kicking styles down there.

Is it wrong that CBFC have started a new style of training which means not including the Old skool style warmups...Running a lap or two??? how boring has that become over the years...if youve actually played more than a season buddy... Its the coach's style and i think it paid off last year so if thats what the coach wants then thats what he'll get...Besides anyone can tell you how many times do you run a lap around the outside of the oval during game day...The answer ..ZERO!!! Unless your one of the ones on the bench the whole time that has to try and keep yourself warm cause your never getting on!!!

Plus if your hawk got down earlier he probably woulda seen that players at CBFC actually do their own laps and warmup b4 training starts as to not waste the coach's valuable time...so theyre ready to go as soon as he gets down and wants to get straight into skills. HIs job is to coach the team and develop skills and gameplans not waste time sending the guys for laps while tryna think up an exercise to do like most other coaches up here...

maybe others should try take a leaf outta his book instead of criticising it as lets delve into it in that it must of worked as the fella has created history in coming into the wkfl in his 1st season and coaching premieriship...Thaz never been done B4!!! Must be doin something right ya 2010 spooner!!! And as for leadership i think you better look in your own backyard b4 you start taking the piss outta leaders like Joey Dann, Claudius, Russell, Marshall, Albert whom im sure would all run rings around you and your leaders any day of the week sunny jim!!!

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 am

juddy!!!! wrote:good old cocky cable beach. if i i do recall they were sayin the same grey water when they won the 2007 flag, BACK TO BACK in 2008 and what happen... SAINTS KNOCKED U OUT.... just be quiet PLEASE!!!!!!

And as for this waste of computer space of a comment...What team doesent say lets go Back to Back??? Are you a numb skull??? Im sure beach will be saying it again in 2010...didnt see townies do it in 2009 after harping on about doing it... infact havent seen anyone do it since Saints a while back...and what happen after that lost 3 key players and team went to Sh@%$@%$...Least beach still been competitve and played finals after winning it...and we all know how close they came in 2008 if it wasnt for a ronen maher supergoal to shut them down moments from the finals siren it woulda been bak to bak...But then yeah had to face a firing saints out fit with 6 or 7 of their starting 18 out it was always gonna be a tough one...thats footy

Anywayz when the season starts we'll all see and we can let actions speak louder than these space wasting posts!!!

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankers Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy wrote:I believe Cable Beach only won becoze they get all the good players from outta town, not neceserilly coz they train hard at all. Us boys dont abuse our positions in broom to get all the players we let them make up their own mind. Thats just my opinion though im sure there are different sides.

YOU ARE A SMOKER OF THE .....GAVIN MITCHELL,BOBBY DUDLEY THE LIST GOES ON YOU MOB WERE THE SERIAL POACHERS,ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR GETTING BEATEN AT YOUR OWN GAME SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!!AS FOR NOT WINNING IT BY TRAINING HARD WAT THE FUK!!ALL PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS KNOW THAT PREMIERSHIPS DONT JUST HAPPEN YOU SILLY LITTLE PRINCESS.AND AS FOR NOT ABUSING YOUR POSITION,THERE ARE A LOT OF LOCAL BOYS IN THAT TEAM THAT ARE GONNA BE DISSAPOINTED WITH THE grey water DRIBBLING FROM YOUR MOUTH.CABLE BEACH DESERVED IT MOVE ON...

Tankers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Good to see the passions there. Should be different comp this year, most teams will perform at least a little differently as teams have lost a fair few players and gained others. I predict the Beach will either go back to back or be completely crap and miss the finals. Love to see towns miss the finals but they might get there on the basis of other teams not being competitive. And well no other team in the comp has been consistent over the last few years (except Bulls who've been crap), so it's hard to predict where they'll place. I'll give Bulls some credit though and say it looks like they got a chance at the finals and probably deservedly so as they seem to put in the hard yards (it's taken some time but the Tortoise may just win the race).

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 am

juddy!!!! wrote:popped down the oval this arvo this afternoon to have a sticky at the teams trainin.. bulls puttin in the hard yards early with allthe running... fittness is always a good thing! cable beach had the balls out very early and looked very very average, didnt see the gun jay (JUDD) jassidy on the field!!

you sound like a bulls player to me so i wouldnt be critisizing other teams for being average. Probably one of bulls crap players who sits on the bench.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum