Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New teams for 09

2 posters

Go down

New teams for 09 Empty New teams for 09

Post  HawkeEye Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:50 am

Heard that there may be 2 new teams entering the WKFL.
One arm point apparently wants in and I know someone in Derby said they are hoping to get in. Derby apparently have got there act together, with the help of some local business, the shire, and some organised committee members after being terrible ran in the past couple of years.
What do you think is a maximum amount of teams for the WKFL. With the new oval and lights, would this be ok to hold 4 games of footy on each week.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

New teams for 09 Empty Re: New teams for 09

Post  Frank The Tank Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Herd it maybe only Derby joining the comp. Have no problem with it as long they give it fair dinkum crack and not just coming in making up numbers, and pulling no shows to games as they have done previously.

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 am

Just wondering how did the local boys go training with the Dockers, didn’t get a chance to get down to watch

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 am

Apparently training was only meant to be a short session but was a big one. I also know that only 2 players went to Derby, which was dissapointing as first they said about 8 people will attend, and those 2 players, were not looking to good. Big night on it I am told. Also hardly talked and some spokesman asked the questions to the players. Not good enough in my book, when these kids have been exciting all week for them and they arrived an hour late and only spent 30 mins at each school.

Anyway, news front on the Derby side of things is that they have team ready to play, with sponsors and everything, although they don't have the committed playing list (only 15-20 training) and they don't want to stuff up the WKFL anymore, so there may be a mini-league created in Derby for at least 4 teams to play during the week, therefore the better players who want to play in the WKFL can sign up to a club in Broome.

Anyone, know when the lightning carnivals in Fitzroy and Broome are.

Have all clubs starting training and how are they looking.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

New teams for 09 Empty Derby v Looma

Post  HawkeEye Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Derby had a good hit out with Looma on Friday night in Derby. Not a bad crowd turned up and I think Looma just got up in the end by a couple of points. Very close match, was a bit wet although the skills were quite good for that time of the year.
Looma just had enough players for the match, Derby had about 12-15 on the bench. Definately footy is back in Derby and great to see aswell. Very organised committee behind them and a very young committed team ready to go to Broome.
I hope I am saying this by the end of the season.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Looma just managed to field a team and Derby had 10 or 12 so on the beach and still loss, Gee wiz
how will they go against the stronger teams in the comp like Towns, Beach & Saints

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down