Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 players in the WKFL

+7
Brendan
G-ABLETT JNR
Saintly
Tankers
You've got Gas
Low Flying Wombat
Neville
11 posters

Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top 10 players in the WKFL

Post  Neville Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Top 10 players in the WKFL

I was just thinking to my self there's a lot of talent running around in the WKFL
but who would you rate to be the top 10 footballers out of the bunch

Any Thoughts?????

Neville

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top 10 Players in WKFL

Post  Low Flying Wombat Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Neville - These Broome Beats do not have the guts to come out and put their thoughts up for discussion. They like to sit on the fence. I will put my list up but am not sure of a couple of players yet from Derby and Emus. So while I am organising that why dont some of you fence sitters name 10 players for discussion. I hear plenty of players talking themselves up at the pub so now step up.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty WKFL Top Ten (what?)

Post  Low Flying Wombat Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Mal Mason
Don Dantionne
Ron Foy
Ronnie Roe
Doug Stewart
Jeff Hall
Harold Tracey
Les Rogers
Tony Hart
Paul Mercer
Neville, See if any takers on this one.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Re: Top 10 players in the WKFL

Post  You've got Gas Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 am

Merc - the barefoot bandit hahahahahahahahaha!!!

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top Ten Players WKFL

Post  Low Flying Wombat Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:49 am

Very hard on this one with no selection criteria but have selected who I would have in my top team at the present time. Some players miss out because of injury and lack of game time to date eg Harold Tracey.
In no particular order -
Brett Claudius
Lyle Buck
Tim Richter
Neil Marshall
Davo Cox
David Althan
Tristam Pigram
Joe Dann
Mcrae (Towns)
Scott Clarke

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 am

Good list - who's Scott Clarke?
Would also add-
Michael Pigram
Ben Croy
Dom Treacy
Half back flanker from the Beach - heard he's ex Swan Districts or something?

and Jahved Cox having a breakout year with the Bombers

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankers Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:51 pm

best current ten players
jo dann
neil marshall
brett claudius
tim richter
mick pigram
davo cox
lyle buck
tristam pigram
lyle buck
brendan boutenhousin heards hs makin a comeback

few people unlucky to miss out not in order symmo croy few others

Tankers

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top Ten players

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Youve Got Gas

Who would you leave out then, remember top 10.
You've got Gas wrote:Good list - who's Scott Clarke?
Would also add-
Michael Pigram
Ben Croy
Dom Treacy
Half back flanker from the Beach - heard he's ex Swan Districts or something?

and Jahved Cox having a breakout year with the Bombers

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 am

Brett Claudius
Jo Dann
Tim Richter
Michael Pigram
Ben Croy
David Altham
Dom Treacy
Jahvad Cox
Simmo from Towns (underated, gets plenty of the ball and is effective with his kicks)
Tritram Pigram

They are the players that stand out straight away - don't know any names from Bidgy and Looma and haven't seen enough games to pick standout players from them as yet
Will be interesting to see everyones lists at the end of the year and see who drops out and who climbs into the top ten

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 pm

How the hell is dom treacy in the top 10
was that supposed to be a joke???

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Ha ha.True. Dom Treacy top 10. You gotta be kidding me. He has potential but not in his current weight division. Im sure there are many others who could make the top ten well before him.

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  You've got Gas Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:44 am

I've watched all of the Bulls games and he's been their standout player in the backline (and lets face it, the ball is down there for most of the game!), yeah he's carrying a few extra pounds but does his job down there, very rarely misses a target and makes each of his possesions count.

You've got Gas

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:57 pm

After seeing most peoples list which are pretty similar to mine, I wrote a few of the attributes that make these players stand out

Joe Dann – One of the most versatile players in the comp can play anywhere and be damaging, has great skills and is a bullen medallist
Lyle Buck – Talent to burn and a 2 time bullen medallist 06 08
Brett Claudious – Tough little nugget who is always at the bottom of the pack and knows how to find the footy
Michael Pigram – One of the most elusive players in the comp and has good finishing skills, in great form
Neil Marshall – can win a game off his own boot and one of the most successful players to come out of Broome
Tim Ricter – anther tough little nugget who is a ball magnet and a tireless worker
Davo Cox – Injuries have restricted him the last few years but when fully fit is one of the most exciting players to watch
Tristram Pigram – has become a handy centre half forward is quick and has great skill
Kal Tolo- clean skills very clever and dangerous around goals
Ryan Mcrae- a tireless worker and one of the fittest players in the comp, and underrated

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:35 pm

You've got Gas wrote:I've watched all of the Bulls games and he's been their standout player in the backline (and lets face it, the ball is down there for most of the game!), yeah he's carrying a few extra pounds but does his job down there, very rarely misses a target and makes each of his possesions count.

A slight agreeance with that. Its easy to stand out in a struggling team...but this is still a far cry from the Neil Marshalls, Brett Claudius's, Michale Pigram's, Jo Dann's, Lyle Bucks's, Tristram Pigrams we are talking about...Come on gas man get a grip...

He does have skill and strength and dont get me wrong he is a talented player. In his prime he could be top 50. ...but i havent seen him in his prime since he started playing up here...

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top 10 Players WKFL 23/06/2009 update

Post  Low Flying Wombat Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Update to top ten WKFL players
Tim Richter
Joe Dann
Joe Sara
Scott Clark
Ronald Yanawanna
Jeffrey Clarke
Lyle Buck
David Althan
Tristam Pigram
Ryan Mcrae
Out go Neil Marshall - retired
Davo Cox - carrying injury
Brett Claudius - out injured
Joe Sara is back in great form for Towns, Ronald Yanawanna has been outstanding for Emus and Jappo has been in great running form for Bombers

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Top 10 players in the WKFL Empty Top 10 Players

Post  Brendan Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 am

If you were looking at the history of the WKFL top 10 then this would be a hard choice to make.
Looking at the WKFL awards no-one stand out as Patrick Cox , a 3 time Bullen Medalist, 1 ABC footballer of the year 2 father mac medalist, also celebrated 300 senior games and was one of the 1st Indigenous player from the Kimberley region to make WAFL, playing 30 odd games for Claremont.
Ernie Rahman, Greg Howard, Alec Dann, Mark James, Lyle Buck and myself have won 2 Fairest and best awards
I heard Donnelly Mckenzie was a great captain and on baller for saint, also the late Joe Roe was outstanding and old Peter Tallman, I heard Port Adelaide (the Magpies)drafted him.
There were 2 outstanding full forward with Terry Cox and Shaun Water winning 4 Matsumoto Medal(leading goal kickers) each. Terry Cox once kick 9 goal 4 in a representative game on the MCG vs Tiwi Islanders, Muddy Shaun Waters have the record goals in a game, over 20 goal.
Wayne Edgar was a standout player, with over 300 games and one of Broome best midfielder for nearly over a decade.
Albert Dann who also played for the seconds at Perth Football Club was the WKFL and Kimberley best Full back/centre back in the competetion back in the late 80's and 90's.
Then there is Gavin Mitchell, who playered for Claremont, Dockers and St Kilda. A geat player who made to the elite level. Niel Marshall who also played at the top level at Claremont, West Coast and part of the captains and Subiaco premiership year.
My top Ten of the WKFL : Patrick Cox, Gavin Mitchell, Niel Marshall, Terry Cox, Ernie Rahman, Greg Howard, Wayne Edgar, Alec Dann, Albert Dann, Lyle Buck/Jo Dann/David Cox (Could'nt decide which one)
Top Team 2010 : Lyle Buck, Jo Dann, Javed Cox, Davo Cox, Joe Sara,Tristam Pigram, David Althan, Michael Pigram, Jeff Clarke, Tim Richer/Brett Claudius - if playing this season.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post  lifemember1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Ah some real footy discussion. My points to follow:

I wasn't in town for the lightning carnival but note a number of posters have listed players I understand to have left town including Richter, Marshall and I here Joe Sara had a work injury and wont be available for sometime.

My current top 10 include:
Joe Dann - CBFC
Brett Claudius - CBFC
Michael Pigram - Bombers
Lloyd Reidy - CBFC
Ryan McRae -Towns
Lyle Buck - Looma
Jack Regan - Saints
Hoffy - Derby
David Altham - Derby
Tristram Pigram -Saints

This list is based on known players who can be the difference between winning and losing. No new players to the league included.

Most are influential midfielders but I am more keen on posters thoughts about selecting a WKFL team of 2010. Now that will get your mind ticking over especially when you need to select players based on position. We already know the midfield will be full of talent how about across the ground??????

lifemember1

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 am

jcox is a absolute gun.... bullen fior sure

my top ten!

claudius
richter
g.clarke
j.cox
j.dann
b.croy ( by far best ruck inn the comp)
joe sara
davo cox
mick pigram ( should be playin wafl)
lyle buck

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm

My Top 10 Players

Brett Claudius
Lyle Buck
Jahved Cox
Davo Cox
Michael Pigram
Robert Sampi
Kello Mckenna (One of the best Ruckmen)
Dylan Cox
Jayden Howard/ Aaron Cox
Waylon Pigram

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:10 am

I think most of the players picked are fast skillful players but not many are tough players. Where are the days of players being highly respected for their courage instead of speed. I think among the obvious like claudius there are plenty other players which can lift a team through couragous acts which are just as important as the player others have named. typical hard straight line running players that comes to mind is James Stewart from bulls and and richter from townies. I think we need to bring a little of teh pysicality back into teh game. You would be easily mistaken for being at the beach these days with all the seagulls around.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Sun May 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Administrator wrote:I think most of the players picked are fast skillful players but not many are tough players. Where are the days of players being highly respected for their courage instead of speed. I think among the obvious like claudius there are plenty other players which can lift a team through couragous acts which are just as important as the player others have named. typical hard straight line running players that comes to mind is James Stewart from bulls and and richter from townies. I think we need to bring a little of teh pysicality back into teh game. You would be easily mistaken for being at the beach these days with all the seagulls around.
As far as i know ricter's not playing this year thats why hes not in my top ten.
So who do you think are seagulls in my top ten players ?

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down