Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who insulted the news paper

5 posters

Go down

who insulted the news paper Empty who insulted the news paper

Post  ngurrpa Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Did someone at Cable Beach FC or the WKFL administration affend the local rag? After a fantastic WKFL season, all the GF got was a small article on the big game. There was more coverage of a game between prisoners and some other fellas, nearly as much on the bulls re-union, four times as much for the fishing update and even Tim Richter got a few full pages to himself! Surely footy is big enough in this town that each regular round deserves more coverage than this. Maybe someone from this forum should put their hand up to help out the Broome Ady on covering the WKFL next season!

ngurrpa

Back to top Go down

who insulted the news paper Empty Re: who insulted the news paper

Post  Fossils Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 am

I agree with you on that one, the article was of real bad quality and you can tell the reporter has no idea about football. I think they should advertise for a football reporter for 2010 season!

Fossils

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 am

Yes it was quite a disgrace...incorrect names for photos. No Team photo!!! I dont know what planet that reporter was from but if a team wins a flag they religiously get a full team photo either front page or sports....Not even that

Instead theres a team photo of a team that didint even make the finals let alone grandfinal...Disgrace...And im sure other info such as windups of the wooden spooners could have been saved for a less important week...

Wait for the letters to the editor!!!!!!!!

Also why is it that there are only ever articles on Saints and Bulls in the paper??? I doubt they pay for these as i have heard when other clubs have wanted to put in sports articles about their young blokes getting drafted to afl/wafl etc theres always a charge...What about its news for the community...

Considering Cable Beach pays the most out of any of the teams to the Broome Advertiser for advertising costs you would have thought they would have got a bit advertisement for once in the year!!! In excess of $3000 per season, which is already extremely over priced, i think they will be looking for other promotion/advertising avenues next year...DISGRACEFUL!!!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am

The local paper is well and truly a RAG. The footy coverage is poor and clearly bias to certain teams. The premiership table is often wrong. Images from only one of the FOUR games played each weekend are shown. Wrong player names end up in captions under the photos. When I first moved to Broome I was under the impression that the local footy particularly the GF, was a feature event on the Broome calendar like the Broome Cup. Something that brought the whole community together. However as depicted in the advertiser, the local footy is only celebrated by the faithful few who have some sort of direct association with a team.

It's not just a local footy problem, look at the direction Shinju's been heading. Construction and business developments
are moving full steam ahead, whilst community events are dying in the arse!

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:36 pm

hear hear!!!

Too many come and goes, rape and pillagers in town!!!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

who insulted the news paper Empty Who Insulted The Newspaper

Post  Low Flying Wombat Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Yes, agree completely. Too many rednecks and self centred low lifes in Broome now. It is the size of your property portfolio and bank account that now seems to be the talking point. Every second person has this as the topic of conversation. Bet they do not put any support behind anything local by commitment or financial.

Anyway - Beach are Best.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down