Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO IS THIS MAN

3 posters

Go down

WHO IS THIS MAN Empty WHO IS THIS MAN

Post  Low Flying Wombat Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Having a scotch with a footballer, who shall remain nameless, and a story comes up which happened this season. Many stories come up but this one is of extreme courage in the face of adversity. My immediate thought was to contact the Football Show but then I thought I had better test it on the forum for factual backup first. The story goes -
Some Cable Beach players were doing some serious training at the Tavern on either a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. After a long session they were about to leave when in walked two big golfers (BIG BIG) Anyway they took a shine to young Wello and he was a bit put off about it. A player (no names) who is only small in stature,went in to defend young Wello. He strode up to the two BIG golfers to sort the matter out. He copped a nine iron hit to the head which sent him flying across the floor, sunnys gone, hat gone. He got up on his hands and knees and stood up, went up to the two big (BIG) golfers again. This time a no 3 sent him flying again under the table and chairs. By the time he crawled out and got up on his feet again the two BIG golfers had bolted. The unnamed player collected his hat and sunnys and headed home on his bike. His teammates were still standing there in awe of the courage of this player to tackle the two big(BIG) golfers.
Cable Beach, who is this man? Is there a truth to this story? I can see the headlines now - DEFENDER OF FOOTBALLERS RIGHTS - DEMETRIOU TO SEEK OUT HERO - WKFL PLAYER RECEIVES BRAVERY AWARD.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WHO IS THIS MAN Empty Re: WHO IS THIS MAN

Post  lifemember1 Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Sounds like the one and only G.Hastie although I do recall certain tank getting into it one night and doing hell burnouts on his malvern star as he left the scene.

lifemember1

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:37 am

The certain tank did flee the seen on his trusty Malvern Star, only to come off on the way home. But prior to the departure, whilst he was still mingling with the big (BIG) Golfers, he decided to lift up the hood (dress) to see what kind of engine was under it....only to cop another smack around the chops!

RodgerDodger

Back to top Go down

WHO IS THIS MAN Empty WHO IS THIS MAN

Post  Low Flying Wombat Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 am

RodgerDodger wrote:The certain tank did flee the seen on his trusty Malvern Star, only to come off on the way home. But prior to the departure, whilst he was still mingling with the big (BIG) Golfers, he decided to lift up the hood (dress) to see what kind of engine was under it....only to cop another smack around the chops!
The plot is thickening

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum