Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Recruits, a No Go

+3
You Bloody Legend
Cyrus
Admin
7 posters

Go down

New Recruits, a No Go Empty Re: New Recruits, a No Go

Post  Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

I am surprised that any blow in can play at any stage in the WKFL. I'm not sure if their is a rule for the finals but in other codes & sports you have to have played a number of games for a side before you're eligible for final's participation.

Can players register statewide for more than one side in footy?

Admin
Admin

http://broomesport.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 am

Unfortunately the rules governing senior football and junior football are different when it comes to playing for one side only (i think! Could be proven completely wrong here!) Senior football as administered through the Country Football Associaion stipulates that players must register to play at one club and get a transfer from their previous club first before they can play - every senior registered player in WA is kept on record and playing for a diferent side than the one you are registered to is a big no no, premiership points can be stripped if players are caught.
Junior footy i think is different in that it is up to the individual league to enforce whether a player can play for multiple sides, there is no governing junior body that regulates this. It is quite common for young kids to play for 2 to 3 different sides over a weekend ( i know i did!), often stepping up into a seniors reserve or colts side to help out with numbers, or playing school footy during the week and then playing club footy on the weekend. It really comes down to the coach on the day making the call as to whether the kid can play or not.
But i agree totaly with you "Bloody Legend" - to drop a kid who has played all year just to allow another to play once during the year is the type of thing that makes our juniors drop out completly from playing footy in the future. Something that no senior club wants.

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  You Bloody Legend Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:57 am

Fact of the matter is no matter how many games you can fit in a week or how many different levels you can play.... there will always be that one kid that just looks forward to playing that saturday game and its what he looks foward to each week. I just think there should of been a little more courtesy towards the other team and general players on your own team by asking if its all good for the introduced players to play.

You Bloody Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:00 am

who played for who???

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  You Bloody Legend Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:04 am

15's Junior Footy

Saints had a few players that came for a one off game.

You Bloody Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am

Maybe in these circumstances they need to send these players for a game with the teams that are struggling to get a full side on game day...

But by the sounds of it, it seem its even entrenched in the 15s that you have to play the superstars before the deserving players. Not a good culture to bring a junior team up on...

Like they say. They aint playing for cattle stations they are playing for fun but it seems some are always going to be worried about win, win win and not the spirit of the game

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  You Bloody Legend Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

15's was debateable from the start...

ie... late team submissions

But I do give due credit to the organisers and volunteers of each of the clubs, their efforts are fully appreciated.

*** Agrees with West Coast

You Bloody Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Motherly Supporter Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

I am responding to the posting of New Recruits a no go. I am disappointed as a mother of one of the boys that played in this game and no they did not particularly come back to Broome just for this football game and to play for Saints. Both of these boys were born in this town and it happened to be a boarders long weekend in Perth and both boys have always had the opportunity to play for the Junior Saints team since starting - only sorry it's not played on the school holidays!

As for other kids having to sit out the game is not correct, they all got to go on the field and were all aware of both boys being offered to play which they were excited for this to happen. Since Junior Football had recommenced some 4/5 years ago as a supporting mother don't worry these 2 boys were part of the small crew that would turn up each Saturday to play, there were very few parents that did come down to support the then junior football. I for one paid out of my pocket each weekend to feed most of the kids regardless of what team they played for to encourage them along - to whom alot of them I now see playing in the under 15's comp for the other teams and I still sit on the side and call out for them regardless of what jumper they have on!

If I had the money I would fly my son home each weekend to play for Green & Gold, only sorry I ain't that wealthy but finally after 2 and a half years have been given the opportunity to bring him home. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and the fact that the Saints Under 15 team was put together (if the coach could find enough players) with very talented encouraged young boys who play together as a team and try their hearts out.

Oh and by the way, did I hear anybody discuss the young boy on the field playing for Cable Beach that happened to be home for the boarders long weekend as well, good on him I hope he enjoyed playing his local footy as well.

GO THE GREEN & GOLD - MAKE HISTORY UNDEFEATABLE IN THE FIRST YEAR OF JUNIOR SAINTS UNDER 15'S IN BROOME! Shocked

Motherly Supporter

Back to top Go down

New Recruits, a No Go Empty Re: blow ins a no go

Post  Junior Saints supporter Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:46 pm

I'd like to know who these "blow ins" are as the boys who played for saints are both born in Broome & have probably lived in Broome for longer than the whingers posting some of these comments. Both boys have been at boarding school in Perth for the last 3 years and have not been able to play in the junior side with team mates that they have both been involved with since the inception of junior football some years ago.
I also hear no mention of the boy from Cable Beach who returned for a game & no doubt loved every minute of it as well. Also no mention of the boy in same side who is an age group higher than 15 & under which I might add I've known about all season & have not mentioned so as to keep him out on the field & out of mischief.
I'm also curious as to who was dropped from the side to make way for these lads as from memory the Saints side still had 2 spare places on thier team list & if anyone didn't play it was for reasons known to them & the coach most likely discipline or injury issues.
One more thing which intrigues me is since when does a player who is not registered with another team not allowed to play for the team of thier choice during the normal home & away season if a rego form is filled out & fees paid.
Also the coach of the Saints asked his team at training if anyone would mind if these born & bred "blow ins" played this one game. Resounding answer of bring em on from kids who have spent the majority of thier lives as close mates to these boys.
Perhaps in the future, people should get thier facts straight before making a song & dance over something.
At the end of the day the saints under 15's are the minor premiers & fired up for a grand final tomorrow. Not a bad showing from a team made up of the "left overs" after other sides were already operating.
GO PCYC SAINTS, ROLL THROUGH 2008 UNDEFEATED.

Junior Saints supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:17 pm

I Have no quarells with boys coming back from pErth and being allowed to play in the footy comp up here its good for the comp. I agree they are local boys and they have a right. But they should be dispersed into the teams that are battling for numbers.

And nothing was probably discussed about the young fella back from Perth that played for cable Beach because they only had 13 players in their team that day. On my weekly observations this was A figure the cable beach team had nearly every week so it was only fair to let him play. As it probably would have been to let the boys who played for saints play for the struggling beach team also!

But instead they played in a full side. and in a game that had no meaning on the make up of the final ladder whatsoever. Now That is dissapointing. Top spot secured, a game with no meaning, but still trying to play all the best players and destroy the weaker sides...Not a very fair and even coaching/team stance in a comptetiion that is new and just trying to get off the ground i would think.

And maybe Junior saints supporter you need to get some facts straight as you are a bit Incorrect there. The cable beach team WERE struggling to operate this year. Why... due to 5 of their better players getting taken over to the Saints team and 4 or 5 of their players getting taken over to the Bulls Team.

yes last year it was only Towns and Beach. Of course great to have all four teams in now but the other two that come about were made up to the detriment of the Cable Beach team. And to their coaching staffs and parents helpers credit, No one said anything or complained. Why.. cause its not all about winning. Its about giving the kids a kick and getting them to establish pride in a footy jumper...now thats something i only saw 3 of the teams doing this year.

Any way its all over for another season. Great Grand finals too. the deserving side one at both age levels. Or should i say all age levels....WELL DONE TOWNS...A bit of History...The first time that a team up here has taken out all premierships across all age levels. Now that is history and that will be a hard one to beat!!!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Junior Saints supporter Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:58 pm

You do live in your own fantasy world.

Seems odd that a team who only had 13 managed to field 18 & a bench. As for 13 being a standard number, I can't vouch for every game Beach played but know for sure every time they played the Saints, a full team was fielded.

As for kids being taken from the Beach side, you will find that kids came to play for Saints under thier own steam & at the end of the day they had not signed up with other sides as did not wish to play for clubs other than the 1 they have family connections at. If a club is stuggling to attract players perhaps it needs to have a look at the reason why in its own ranks & not point fingers at others

If the game had so little meaning why are you still harping on about it? I reckon the game had some meaning for the boys who got to play thier first and last game for thier clubs in this age bracket. The boys did not play just to have a game as all play often at school, the boys played to play for thier team.

If you are so concerned about junior football why do you not get off a probably oversized posterior & be involved with WKJFA as a committee member where you will have real input into the juniors rather than having an anonomys whinge. Perhaps you could put your energies towards the developement of a Colts competition which is an obvious next step.

Go the green & gold, kids are hungry for 2009, may have to field an A & B Saints if we manage to attract too many. Won't that be a laugh!!!!

Junior Saints supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Like i said no quarells with any of the boys from perth playing. as it is all about giving the kids something to do and keeping them out of trouble and giving them this great game we call footy...

i only harped it up cause i saw the last post on the site today and had to make some points clear. And i know for a fact that the last 2 times saints played the CB team they played with a few short and informed the coach of the Saints they only had 15 who continued to play with 18 anyway. I am not discrediting the Saints team at all. they have done well to come in late and get as far as they did this year.

As for large posterior its probably not as big as yours Laughing. As for getting off my backside and getting into the WKJFA. Who said i wasnt in it already??? Who says you are either??? As for being an anonymous whinger. i only stood up for the last person you pasted with your comments because some of your statements were misleading and i knew this as fact!

All i did was agree with letting the Perth players play. but make it reasonable. Dont load them into teams who already have a full list give them to the teams like Bulls and CB who are strugggling. Any way something to bring up in the Meetings next year. not a huge issue just one that needs to be dealt with via a bit of common sense and not those simply chasing glory...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed May 20, 2009 6:15 pm

who cares wher your from. its footy. sport. its a sociable game. its supposed to bring people together not turning them away!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum