Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

early thoughts

+22
The Scout
GO WESTCOAST!!!
Delicious
juddy!!!!
Cyrus
dockers 2010
lifemember1
BARLOWFEVER
Sainters10
kingkernahan
Goinoutafashion
number 1#
Kingcarey
HawkeEye
Nic Nat
Stains
G-ABLETT JNR
footyfan
chuck
RodgerDodger
Administrator
up the blues
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

early thoughts Empty early thoughts

Post  up the blues Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm

with footy season just around the corner anyone got a few ideas on how the season is going to unfold this yr
i hear derby have been going hard and with trips up to there could be a force espicially with the home ground advantage
bulls have been training hard end of last yr and early this yr and could well improve espicially with the big jack casterling blitzing the
fitness tests follwed closely by captain couragous also ash hill is the one to keep an eye on expect big thing from the young chap............
i hear towns have lost a heap of key players from last yr 5 or 6 to be exact and have had reasonable numbers at training but mostly young fellas so townies could struggle this yr unless they pik up a few new recruits but keep ya eye on joel murray he has had a ripper of a pre season.... cable beach have lost there superstar dave mulheron and i think that puts a big dent on their chances of going back to back espicially without neil also but look on the brightside they still have the number 2 dynamo...... with the bombers getting a few key players back and also recruiting a few new ones espicially with there youth maturing. bombers should be a force ......saints have lost davo and aaron cox to the bombers but a large bird popped on me shoulder and told me ash sampi may chuck on the green jumper which would be queit massive even if he has put on a few kilos i reckon he could still kick a lazy 50 goals in a season either than that i havent heard much else give me some thoughts

up the blues

Back to top Go down

early thoughts Empty Re: early thoughts

Post  Administrator Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:26 am

Yeah it will be a similar year to the last i would think. It is true that we have lost a number of key players but we have also gained two or three that more thatn make up for those we lost. Bulls will be fitter which may be of some benefit but no more skillful. The beach will be strong as will bombers. I have heard bombers have picked up old player Zac cox who would be a huge inclusion if he was fit, possible even better than jahved (his brother). We will see soon enough anyway, should be interesting.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 am

Who is Jack Casterling? Is it the same Jack that won BF for Morley a grade a year ago?

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

I hope for the bulls sake that they do have a much better season than the last couple, especially since all the hard work they have put in over the break.
Also agree that the bombers youngsters will have a bit more maturity after playing for a year or two
now, also getting Davo and Aaron Cox back is a big plus. Not so sure about Zac Cox, if he is supposed to be better than Jahved (highly doubtful) then why was he pasted on the pine for the majority of the GF last year?Will be interesting how the reigning premiers Cable Beach back up this season, everything clicked for them late in the season last year so will be interesting. Also I hear that their full back (#12 ben demayo? Excuse the spelling) has left town, he will be a big loss as he was probably one of the most under rated defenders last year but managed to keep 90% of his opponents goalless. Does anyone know if the big Neil Marshall is going around again this year? Would be good for the young boys at the beach to have someone of neils calibre around the track.
Has there been any news on looma and bidgy? Looma will be wildcards this year I think.

RodgerDodger

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:38 pm

I think beach will be hard to beat again. They are a class act and know what it takes to win. Having said that, Townies may have lost Richter but they're a proud club and should be able to bounce back strong. Richter was only one player ( a damn good one at that ) and that doesn't make a team. I hear Townies are blooding quite a few young guys from the juniors which will hold them in good stead in another 2 or 3 years.
If Bombers can get away to a good start, they will also be hard to beat but apparently there's a few ' rumblings' between some of the more senior guys and there MIGHT be some defections here and there.

A mate from the Bulls reckons they will be a lot fitter this year with the coach going pretty full on with the running. He reckons its bloody hard yakka but apparently the boys are loving it and getting into it big time. I think they have a few new faces but nothing too exciting. If they can get their fitness levels up and play with a bit more grunt then they might be looking for a top 4 finish. I hear big Dom Tracy and Simon Appleby are hitting the training track. Look out if they can string together some good games !!! Dom on Neil Marshall could be a ball tearer.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 pm

I would have to agree with you, a fit Dominic Tracey vs Neil Marshall would be a great contest, i think Dom may even get the better of him. I heard on the grape vine Dominic Tracey was not playing for bulls this year? Also, If it is the simon appleby your talking about who played a few years back (and cut us up ) then the bulls maybe at least able to put up a decent fight this year. Although it does take more than a couple of players.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm

I know its early but does anyone have any thoughts on top 4 this year yet. I'll take a stab and say Beach followed by Bombers, Saints then Towns. Derby to be a big improver and push for 4th.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm

My mate at bulls says Dom is training the house down and will be playing for bulls this year, also Appleby is playing as well. Cuppla big guns firing for the bulls might give them some get up and go

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

saw little jahved cox jogging the other day. He will be one to watch this year with his blistering speed and nifty skills around the big sticks. He just needs to put on a couple of kg and he'd be the complete package. Also watch out for the straight running lines of fit James stewart this year. Dont want to get in that guys way or you'll know about it afterwards. Should be a year for a lot of the young guys in the comp this year to shine and push for positions of leadership within their teams. The likes of eksy, tugger, and a few of the other young fellas down our way will impress this year but dont expect to much as its early days. Inside goss from the bombers tells me traitor Kyle contos is now trainng with bombers. Townies looked after you through your development years and now you discard the boys for a silly team. shame isnt it.....

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 am

1.Saints
2.Bombers
3.Beach
4.Derby or bulls

Last edited by G-ABLETT JNR on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Tricky one but based on who they have picked up over the off season...)

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 pm

1.Beach 2.Saints 3.Bombers 4.Bulls 5.Derby 6.Towns 7.Looma 8.Emus

Stains

Back to top Go down

early thoughts Empty people getting personal

Post  Nic Nat Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 pm

its good to know that the post made by Gary Ablett Jnr (early thoughts) has been deleted as the Broome Forum is not slinging match...

Nic Nat

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:36 pm

1.bombers
2.beach
3.saints
4.emus
5.derby
6.bulls
7.towns
8.looma

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 am

1. Cable Beach 11-3
2. Bombers 10-4
3. Derby Tigers 8-6
4. Saints 8-6
5. Looma 6-8
6. Towns 5-9
7. Bulls 5-9
8. Emus 4-10

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 pm

i think ppl are underestimating bidgy i rekon they will suprise teams people forget they won 5 in a row at the end of last seaon and and misseed out on the finals just after loosing to the bombers in the last rnd they have a young team and will have more experience this yr if the last season is anything to go on and noone knows wats going on with them because they train in bidgy so watch out wkfl for the emus

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm

What is everyones thoughts on the bulls this year. With their 5th or 6th coach in as many years and a horrid last few years do you think this will be the year they push back. It has to happen eventually but i just cant see it happening too soon. As much as it would be a good thing for the competition to have the bulls back in form and competitive in the comp again they just havent had the players to push higher up. Good luck to the red and whites this year, just make a contest of it this year guys coz we getting sick of flogging such a proud club on a regular basis.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingcarey Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy wrote:What is everyones thoughts on the bulls this year. With their 5th or 6th coach in as many years and a horrid last few years do you think this will be the year they push back. It has to happen eventually but i just cant see it happening too soon. As much as it would be a good thing for the competition to have the bulls back in form and competitive in the comp again they just havent had the players to push higher up. Good luck to the red and whites this year, just make a contest of it this year guys coz we getting sick of flogging such a proud club on a regular basis.

Townies Shmownies. Who do you think you are. You werent exactly competitive yourseves when we knocked you out of the finals coz you couldnt play with the big boys. We are the bombers and no one gonna kepp us down this year. As for teh Bulls, hope you flog these cocky townies ladies this year.

Kingcarey

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:14 pm

B-52 bombers? Nice name mate, what are you 3 years old? I was only offering a little encouragement to the bulls mate no need to get you r nickers in a knot. as for the mombers no you didnt flog us we just had lots of injuries and a few boys out that is the only reason you won, (by very little i might add). Full strength we will beat any team in the comp easily let alone the bombers.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  number 1# Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Townies 4 the '10 Grandy you are really making your team look like knobs, townies will be lucky to make the top four this year

number 1#

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Jealousy hurts number 1. Wait till we turn it on this year you wont know what hit you. Booom!

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Anyone know when is the draw out

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Draft draw to be presented to clubs at the committee meeting scheduled for Thursday night 11 March at the Piano Bar for those interested. I would think given previous years draws that Cable Beach and Bombers being last years grand finalists will meet in opening game of the year.

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 am

Did the draw get approved on Thursday night, I hear Derby have home games all through the year. Think someone told me the only club to say no was Townies. Good for Kimberley footy in my opinion. Better pack the rods when going to Derby and make a weekend out of it.
Hoping for an exciting year, I think anyone can make finals this year and be very interesting to see who claims the title.
Best of luck all

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingcarey Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 am

HawkeEye wrote:Did the draw get approved on Thursday night, I hear Derby have home games all through the year. Think someone told me the only club to say no was Townies. Good for Kimberley footy in my opinion. Better pack the rods when going to Derby and make a weekend out of it.
Hoping for an exciting year, I think anyone can make finals this year and be very interesting to see who claims the title.
Best of luck all

Yeah i think everyone will be going up there at least once. Apparently townies are having a hard time financially and have no players so they are chucking a trantrum that they are being forced to go. Derby have been in financial trouble for years and still made it to broome week in week out so its only fair townies sacrifice a little for once. It can only be a good thing for teams to get away for teh weekend together.

I think a few teams are going to shock the league this year with townies dropping way down the order and bidyadanga, bulls and even derby being realistic top 4 contenders this year. Still ealry days but bulls and derby are apparently in for a scratchy next week which will give us a better indication.

Lastly its good they got the issue sorted with training for cable beach and set them straight. Not Allowing them to get their own way with everything and be so arrogant as to choose when and where they will train even though there is a timetable is commendable on behalf of the WKFL. To allow this would set a precendent for all clubs to disrespect the league like beach have done. Hopefully once the season starts the comp will be a success and these issues will be forgotten. Goodluck to all

Kingcarey

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

B52 - If no one was training on the ovals earlier in the pre-season, Cable Beach are within their rights to train whenever they feel like it. Lack of thought process on other teams behalf is not CBFC's concern.

Small poppy syndrome from losers like you is all too commonly directed as arrogance towards successful clubs.

Focus on the real business of ensuring you support your team to the fullest and if you are still finding yourself so infatuated with Cable Beach then I suggest signing up for club membership.

Why should Bombers, Towns and Cable Beach have to always share ovals when Bulls and Saints have the pick of either oval to themselves?????

Practical thinking suggests you would do the same as Cable Beach if in the same position.......

Wait, I'm making an assumption that you can think!!!

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum