Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

early thoughts

+22
The Scout
GO WESTCOAST!!!
Delicious
juddy!!!!
Cyrus
dockers 2010
lifemember1
BARLOWFEVER
Sainters10
kingkernahan
Goinoutafashion
number 1#
Kingcarey
HawkeEye
Nic Nat
Stains
G-ABLETT JNR
footyfan
chuck
RodgerDodger
Administrator
up the blues
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

early thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: early thoughts

Post  Delicious Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 am

kingkernahan wrote:2010 kevin bullen medallist- matthew jordinson

Is that the deby tigers full forward? a mate from derby told me hes a gun will kick 4 goals a game no worries.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicious Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 am

The Scout wrote:
Delicious wrote:had a quick peek at beaches scratch match last night and was surprised to see claudius playing, he didnt do to much but may be restricted by injury. dont know if they where resting players but overall they looked very average.

Interesting delicious and Go west coast as i also had a quick peek down the BRAC that night and didnt see anyone else around. What i did see was claudius do about 12x200m sprints before training followed by him start in the fwd pocket where he had 6 goals by half time. yes 6. i was taking a few stats and also noticed the guy i think use to play for emus kick about 4 also.

No Neil Marshall but, so rumours must be true about him having left town and hanging up the boots. Which i believe will be a huge bonus for Fullbacks of the WKFL because he was literally in a league of his own up here and unstoppable. I heard he has an assistant coaches role with Subiaco his old WAFL team. can anyone confirm this?

On Beach's scratchy. Maybe you saw the last quarter Delicious as i did notice in this quarter an extremely beefed up looking Jay judd Cassidy keep an on fire Claudius goaless. He also had about 4 majors by games end too. and even then i dont think claudius was injured as i witnessed after the game he did another 12X200m sprints. Yeah i think i nearly spewed up on the side just watchinig him.

A young fella they called Jordan was Mr ball magnet for the game and they had Sonny Dann playing too. He was probably Best on. absolutely dominated. i bet theyll be hoping they got him for the season but i doubt it i believe he's signed with claremont now so no chance.

Overall but beach look like they need to get a bit fitter. i know scratchies are never the same intensity than a real match but they did look a bit behind the 8-Ball

didnt realise jay cassidy was playing in that game!
from all the comments ive read over the last few months and been told hees a gun but certinly didnt notice him in the quater of the scatchy i saw. maybe thats why claudius looked injured because he had run 2km in sprints,it all makes sence now.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:09 am

Dunno if ya would call cable beach trainin sessions at Brac scratchies. They only played the one at Haynes against Saints who apparantly won. Looked fairly even though Saints were ****house considering they've had a few runs already and this was the Beach first semi decent hit out. Saints seemed to be playing towards their potential and Cable Beach looked to be cruising along in first gear.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 am

Delicious wrote:
kingkernahan wrote:2010 kevin bullen medallist- matthew jordinson

Is that the deby tigers full forward? a mate from derby told me hes a gun will kick 4 goals a game no worries.

Matthew Jordinson is a player at towns. Ex towns premiership forward hoffy is the derby full forward. Last spotted carrying a few extra kg's but a very smart player. Not too many fullbacks in the comp will beat him for strength.
Would be interested to hear how teams are shaping up for the carnival. Any key players missing? Have heard that joe sara from towns season will be very late starting if at all after having surgery on his foot. Big loss to Towns.
Also heard there was a game at haines yesterday. Any reports?

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  BARLOWFEVER Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I happened to watch most of the Saints vs Beach Scratch match on the weekend. Saints won comfortably and looked to have an almost full strength team, where is the Beach looked to be struggling for numbers. Saints fielded several young, quick and skillful players and some of them may have shifted over from Bidgy. Tristram and Lloyd Pigram looked as though they may be in for big years, with Tristram being pretty much unstopable at CHF. Beach though should improve as they were missing a sh*t load of players from their GF team last year. One of the Tolentino boy's played for Saints (not sure which one) and kicked a handfull of goals, looks like he must of moved over to Saints from Towns.
Looking forward to going down and having a look at the lightning carnival this weekend. Should be very even but my tip is Looma to beat Saints in the final.

BARLOWFEVER

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 pm

BARLOWFEVER wrote:I happened to watch most of the Saints vs Beach Scratch match on the weekend. Saints won comfortably and looked to have an almost full strength team, where is the Beach looked to be struggling for numbers. Saints fielded several young, quick and skillful players and some of them may have shifted over from Bidgy. Tristram and Lloyd Pigram looked as though they may be in for big years, with Tristram being pretty much unstopable at CHF. Beach though should improve as they were missing a sh*t load of players from their GF team last year. One of the Tolentino boy's played for Saints (not sure which one) and kicked a handfull of goals, looks like he must of moved over to Saints from Towns.
Looking forward to going down and having a look at the lightning carnival this weekend. Should be very even but my tip is Looma to beat Saints in the final.
I think you will find Barlowfever that Cornell Tolentino has switched to the saints. Just one of many big losses for Towns as he was a fairly consistant forward for the falcons last year. Saints seem to be up and about early this year so I will tip them for the carnival. Bombers I think will be the bridesmaids. Just on the Saints, how many praccy games have they played now? Can think of 1 against Towns and 1 against beach. Prob 4 or 5 during the carnival too. Thats about half a season in the WKFL.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Saints wont win the carnival.. Just because they beat towns and a heavily undermaned CBFC. They played all there so called "guns" in the games so you would expect them to win against the teams that were on the field on the day..
Bombers to win the carnival again...

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 pm

lovedagame wrote:Saints wont win the carnival.. Just because they beat towns and a heavily undermaned CBFC. They played all there so called "guns" in the games so you would expect them to win against the teams that were on the field on the day..
Bombers to win the carnival again...
You could be right game lover. Still think they will be hard to beat seeing as though they have played so many games together before the season has started. Not sure really about the bombers. From all reports they dont seem to be getting great numbers at training. Plenty of talent there though.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 pm

From what i have been told there are about 15 that have been going down to the oval here and there are a good number of boys training at Beagle Bay.. And i agree with you about the talent they have a lot of it..

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Have you any idea why the beach were struggling for numbers on the weekend game lover. Surely its not a sign of things to some for the beach. How many players have the beach lost from their premiership team. Was talking to some Towns people the other day and couldnt believe that of their 08 premiership team, there are only a handful left. Wasnt fully aware of the losses for the up coming season a few weeks ago when i predicted the falcons to finish 4th. From what I understand that would be pretty good effort.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicious Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 pm

just got of the phone with sportsbet put $100 on towns to make the top 4 paying $2.10.safe bet if u ask me.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Delicious wrote:just got of the phone with sportsbet put $100 on towns to make the top 4 paying $2.10.safe bet if u ask me.
$2.10 hey. Jeez if you were framing a market for top 4 or flag, there would be some short odds offered on some other teams. Just for fun here we go. Official WKFL flag odds.
Cable Beach.............$1.30
Bombers..................$1.40
Saints.....................$1.40
Derby......................$1.90
Bidgy......................$3.00
Looma.....................$3.00
Towns.....................$3.20
Bulls........................$3.50

Not sure where you have been getting your mail from delicious. As i said yesterday Towns have lost a lot of key players. Derby will need to win just about all their home games to be a serious threat. Can Derby get a home final if they qualify? Does anyone know?

footyfan

Back to top Go down

early thoughts - Page 4 Empty Derby finals

Post  Delicious Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm

not a chance of a final in derby!it would never happen.
dont even say stuff like that you might give the leauge bad ideas if derby do make finals and who the hell wants to play in that hole of a town anyway.
DERBY SUCKS ARSE.
sportsbet actualy have derby at $3.80 for the flag and $1.90 to make finals get your info right footyfan.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

So I take it your not a fan of Derby delicious. They must have eased a bit from when i checked with sportsbet too. I dont want finals in derby either mate. Would be a tough game up there. Going to be hard enough playing up there in the h&a season.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Delicious, in your recent post you have detailed that you have a mate from Derby, and on the last post you hate Derby. What happen there, bit of a bad break-up. Smile
Anyway, how much is it to get into the games this weekend, and how much does the winner and runners up get in cash.
I think teams like Looma, Bidgy and Bombers in which they can fire in a quick couple of goals from no where would go really well in these short games.
I think Derby if they finish on top should get a home final, but don't think it will happen this year, maybe next, as the league won't allow it and I don't think they will finish on top.
Be interesting to see if Looma request home games next year in Derby and if the oval is better down at bidgy you could see them requesting games too.
Good luck with all teams for this weekend, hopefully no serious injuries to any players.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:32 pm

who doesnt hate derby, derby big sweet place and wont be up there this year, they will be fighting it out with the bulls for the wooden spoon

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 pm

heard along the vine that big bad kyle contos is making a come back for the red and black this year... good footballer, very strong over and got a kick like lindsey gilbee... also heard big tugger is towns chf for the year.... leading goal kicker i reckon....

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 am

u would like to hope for townies sake that the vine is telling fibs... will be a long year if they're setting up like that

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicious Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 am

dockers 2010 wrote:u would like to hope for townies sake that the vine is telling fibs... will be a long year if they're setting up like that
to true, if thats the case townies will be needing pullen to pull some goals out of his ass.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

It was a good weekend of football. Congratulations to the Bombers for winning the lightening carnival and Jahved Cox who was best and fairest. I notice there was a bit of tension between the Saints and the Bombers. Anyone know why?

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm

lovedagame wrote:It was a good weekend of football. Congratulations to the Bombers for winning the lightening carnival and Jahved Cox who was best and fairest. I notice there was a bit of tension between the Saints and the Bombers. Anyone know why?

mite have something to do with Robbie Wilson taking other teams players, look at all the players he's got from saints and other teams

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Saintly wrote:
lovedagame wrote:It was a good weekend of football. Congratulations to the Bombers for winning the lightening carnival and Jahved Cox who was best and fairest. I notice there was a bit of tension between the Saints and the Bombers. Anyone know why?

mite have something to do with Robbie Wilson taking other teams players, look at all the players he's got from saints and other teams

And you call yourself a Sainter! Mr Wilson has probably done more for SFC than you ever have and probably more than you ever will. I see saintly your back to you best. Stupid useless meaningless comments.

This forum is to talk footy. not to slag people you idiot. you must be a very small person to hide behind an alias and make comments like this. How brave of you. espescially against someone who did so much for your so called club

And yes great weekend of footy. Great Grandfinal. emus so close but well done bombers. Showing theyll again be the team to beat this yr. Although things looked alot more even this yr with everyone having losses and wins and no real standouts. Well done also to derby and bardi. Did very well compared to other years. Derby finaly looked like they have their act together which will be great for the comp.

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lovedagame Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

Saintly wrote:

Who did Robbie take from other teams? You cant say the 3 Pigram boys because from what i've heard they left because of some fighting amoungst the Saints players. The Cox boys went back home to Bombers. Maybe players just like Robbie as a coach. You just sound bitter because Saints lost some of their good players to Bombers who just happen to be coached by Robbie.

lovedagame

Back to top Go down

Post  Glassey Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Delicious wrote:
dockers 2010 wrote:u would like to hope for townies sake that the vine is telling fibs... will be a long year if they're setting up like that
to true, if thats the case townies will be needing pullen to pull some goals out of his ass.

saw all the games on the weekend young tugga is looking alot fitter than past seasons also have seen him dwn the ovals doin extra so could b one 2 watch at chf if he gets his confidence up.

Glassey

Back to top Go down

early thoughts - Page 4 Empty Great Weekend of footy

Post  Brendan Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am

Congratulation to the WKFL and all team participating in the lightning carnival, especially the community teams.
Well done to the coaches and club members for making the carnival a close and excite event.
Bad luck to all the teams that missed out in getting to the final and Congratulations to Bombers and Bidyadanga.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum