Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WKFL All Stars 2009

+9
juddy!!!!
up the blues
Goinoutafashion
yurabi1@bigpond.com
Cyrus
HawkeEye
Neville
GO WESTCOAST!!!
Low Flying Wombat
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty WKFL All Stars 2009

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:03 pm

I have selected the following list from information provided. Note that this is my selection only.

1. Ronald Yannawanna
2. Kenny Brolga
3. Davo Cox
4. Tristam Pigram
5. Jamie Sutherland
6. David Altham
7. Marcus Maher
8. Jeffrey Clarke
9 .Dylan Cox
10. Michael Pigram
11. Tim Rickter
12. Joe Sara
13. Ryan Mcrae
14. Lyle Buck
15. Andre Skeen
16. Jermaine Henry
17. Brett Claudius (Vice Captain)
18. Neil Marshall (Captain)
19. Joe Dann
20. Scott Clarke
21. Ben Demeo
22. Harry Wilding
23. Lloyd Reidy
24. Bradley Angus

Coach - Robert Wilson Assistant Coach - Gordon Lawford
Team Manager - Gary Burton (Freak)
Runner - Eric Wade
Head Shrink Mal Mason

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty Re: WKFL All Stars 2009

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am

Mostly Agree...Only changes i would make would be;

Out:
Sutherland- Too unfit
Maher - Rated but didnt show much this year.

In:
Bartholumus Pigram - Along with M.Pigram his move to Bombers has been the catalyst in their reform in 2009. When his pace breaks the lines its frightening...
Dom Treacy - would have him in as a key defender well before Sutherland plus gotta be atleast one Bulls bloke in there...

Few coaching support changes And I added in a few rookies at the end too

1. Ronald Yannawanna
2. Kenny Brolga
3. Davo Cox
4. Tristam Pigram
5. Bart Pigram
6. David Altham
7. Dom Treacy
8. Jeffrey Clarke
9 .Dylan Cox
10. Michael Pigram
11. Tim Rickter
12. Joe Sara
13. Ryan Mcrae
14. Lyle Buck
15. Andre Skeen
16. Jermaine Henry
19. Joe Dann
20. Scott Clarke
21. Ben Demeo
22. Harry Wilding
23. Lloyd Reidy
24. Bradley Angus
25. Joel Hamling - Rookie
26. kaden Bauer - Rookie

Coach - Robert Wilson Assistant Coach - Neil Bourke
Team Manager - Gary Burton (Freak) & Stewie Gregory
Runners - Eric Wade & Clayton Kent
Head Shrinks Mal Mason & No one else!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:07 am

Good team

But i would have Javhed Cox in before Jamie Sutherland

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 pm

OK, has the vote count been.
If so, who won and who got what votes from each club, full tally if possible.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:48 pm

and what if this was how they lined up. What a super team...

F: R. Yannawanna N. Marshall T. Ricter
HF: D. Altham T. Pigram Da. Cox
C: M. Pigram J. Dann S. Clark
HB: G. Clarke J. Sara L. Reidy
B: H. Wilding B. Demeo Dy. Cox
R: A. Skeen L. Buck B. Claudius
INT:
B.Pigram - Mid
J. Henry - Def
K. Brolga - Def
R. Mcrae - Mid
B. Angus - Util
D. Treacy - Def

What a force. Would destroy the rest of the kimberley

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:49 am

Would destroy Central & East Kimberley and the Pilbara as well! - time we got North West Representative Games back up and running i reckon. Now that the league is back under control and being looked after by a strong committee (and financially viable!) plus clubs are being run well, we should look at re-introducing it in the next year or so or sending a team down for Country Week

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty association sides

Post  yurabi1@bigpond.com Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Very presumtious to believe this lot of salt water cowboys from the wkfl could flog other associations.

Claudius vs Londie Wilson
Marshall vs Anthony Gunyan
Skeen vs Clinton Butcher
Dann vs Carusa Dodd
Buck vs Edmund Shandley
Sara vs Zaphy Skinner
Altham vs Desmond Mackie
Yanawanna vs Edurado Skinner
M Pigram vs Jamal McCarthy
T Pigram vs Jerome Till
Wilding vs Ando Wallaby
Riedy vs Ashwin Bilgin
Dy Cox vs Jordan Brooking just to name a few.

Hmmm! Not many wkfl winners there.

Me thinks there is a distinct lack of pace and hardness at the ball in the wkfl list.
Maybe a few 'old boys' that couldn't quite run out four quarters.

I do notice a couple of CKFL trained members in the wkfl team so maybe there is a chance.

The head shrink is a good choice. Better go and get Ron Boucher back, Mal could do miracles with him! Might even help to play both of them to add a bit of 'spice' to the game.

If the Colts results for the last five years is any indication of wkfl might beat the desert.

yurabi1@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Only way to find out who's best - lets get rep football back on the agenda for next year

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Lets see...Could be a big call but I dunno if CK know about physical footy...Its run and catch me if you can, slap the footy away when someone comes to tackle you isnt it??? Many CK guns have struggled with the physicality when making the switch to the WK...

Claudius vs Londie Wilson - Claudius is prob the best and hardest little nut in the kimberley atm so i think hes got that one covered WK +1
Marshall vs Anthony Gunyan - Marshall kicked 7 on Gunyan this yr when he played for looma - WK+2
Skeen vs Clinton Butcher - Skeen is a legend among CK folklore...Speaks for its self - WK+3
Dann vs Carusa Dodd - Jo Dann Mr unstoppable... WK+4
Buck vs Edmund Shandley - Buck is the best player in the Kimberley by a Mile we all know that...WK+5
Sara vs Zaphy Skinner - Zappy Skinner in a Canter prob give CK 2 for that cause skinner would be everywhere...WK still up +3
Altham vs Desmond Mackie - Mackie would probably get the edge here...WK +2
Yanawanna vs Edurado Skinner - Skinner i agree...WK+1
M Pigram vs Jamal McCarthy - Pigram way to fast and agile for Mcarthy...WK+2
T Pigram vs Jerome Till - Till too good, easy winner here, best DEF in the kimberley i ever seen...WK+1 noses still in front
Wilding vs Ando Wallaby - wilding is quick and would provide good run outta defense but Wallabys pace would have him covered i think...WK/CK Even Even
Riedy vs Ashwin Bilgin - Bilgin too strong for Reidy but Reidy wins hands down as too quick, would get in front, run away with it and be at the half forward line kicking a goal before Biligin had got off up off the ground...WK+1
Dy Cox vs Jordan Brooking.....Brooking just...Scores level

So very close BUT....End Result WK +5....Home ground advantage plus you cant underestimate the power of the Head shrink...WK Easily with mason at the HELM!!!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty Go Westcoast

Post  Low Flying Wombat Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm

I went for Sutherland because of his attack on the ball, clean hands, good overhead, creates,a team player and an accurate and penetrating kick which is a bonus in a Saints side. Also looks fitter than Treacy and is definitely fitter than Burkee. Did not compare him to Treacy because at Bulls everyone in defence stands out and it is where everyone wants to play. Was told Treacy deserted the Bulls before seasons end. Any truth in this? Only Bulls player to come close was Ben Croy but could not fit him in in front of others. As for Pigrams being the catalyst of Bombers turnaround, can not agree on this one. Turnaround due to several committed committee people and coaching staff of Sir Robert Wilson (Master Coach) and apprentice Gordon Lawford.They have given the younger fellows a chance to play and this has forced out some of the non performing wingers that have been there too long for an easy kick. Still a couple more to go and they will look very good. Pity about the racist supporters that follow them. Not a good advert for someone to sponsor the club. Good idea on the rookie list. It might give Bulls brains trust a hint.
GO WESTCOAST!!! wrote:Mostly Agree...Only changes i would make would be;

Out:
Sutherland- Too unfit
Maher - Rated but didnt show much this year.

In:
Bartholumus Pigram - Along with M.Pigram his move to Bombers has been the catalyst in their reform in 2009. When his pace breaks the lines its frightening...
Dom Treacy - would have him in as a key defender well before Sutherland plus gotta be atleast one Bulls bloke in there...

Few coaching support changes And I added in a few rookies at the end too

1. Ronald Yannawanna
2. Kenny Brolga
3. Davo Cox
4. Tristam Pigram
5. Bart Pigram
6. David Altham
7. Dom Treacy
8. Jeffrey Clarke
9 .Dylan Cox
10. Michael Pigram
11. Tim Rickter
12. Joe Sara
13. Ryan Mcrae
14. Lyle Buck
15. Andre Skeen
16. Jermaine Henry
19. Joe Dann
20. Scott Clarke
21. Ben Demeo
22. Harry Wilding
23. Lloyd Reidy
24. Bradley Angus
25. Joel Hamling - Rookie
26. kaden Bauer - Rookie

Coach - Robert Wilson Assistant Coach - Neil Bourke
Team Manager - Gary Burton (Freak) & Stewie Gregory
Runners - Eric Wade & Clayton Kent
Head Shrinks Mal Mason & No one else!

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty association footy

Post  yurabi1@bigpond.com Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I agree about Lyle Buck. Give the CKFL the Looma boys back [we trained them] and what was possibly bragging could become fact.

I reckon if you're going to have Mal on board you should get a few other notables from the salt water in the team so he doesn't feel lonely. Ginger Heslington, Ronald Wade, Benny Victor, Chris Sampi, Peter Marshall, and a few Meatworkers names I cant quite remember all had the same outlook on life.

Actually makes the CK boys look a bit like angels. Better play the game in Fitzroy Crossing where temperature might even things up.

We shouldn't forget the EKFL boys in all of this. I remember a couple of shelackings theyve handed out to the wkfl over the years.

Anyone interested in making this something more than a cyberspace debate?

yurabi1@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 am

If you're looking for head shrinks, best place will be the 60 year Reunion of the Meatworks in a couple of weeks - Freak, Paul Mercer, Les Rogers, Mal Mason, Jeff Hall, Doug Stewart, Muddy Waters, Marcus "Fat Cat" Ritchie to name but a few

It has been raised a couple of times at comittee level but the league has been too unstable for the last decade to do anything serious about it. After the success of this year and hopefully moving forward next year bigger and better it should definitely be put in the agenda at the AGM. Anyone who attends the AGM this year take note and raise the issue.

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:50 pm

[quote="Low Flying Wombat"] As for Pigrams being the catalyst of Bombers turnaround, can not agree on this one. Turnaround due to several committed committee people and coaching staff of Sir Robert Wilson (Master Coach) and apprentice Gordon Lawford.They have given the younger fellows a chance to play and this has forced out some of the non performing wingers that have been there too long for an easy kick. Still a couple more to go and they will look very good. Pity about the racist supporters that follow them. Not a good advert for someone to sponsor the club."

Definitely agree from the club/coaching side of things that MR wilson has been the man to turn the club around. But player wise if any of the teams this year had picked up those two Pigram fellas im sure theyd be contesting in the finals as bombers are!!!

I wonder if like Longmire & buckley etc if Lawford will be considered as a succession plan to Wilson...After all Wilson is getting a bit long in the tooth youd think

Or if like Hardwick, hinkley, Scott he'll be one of those assisstants who get a senior gig elsewhere...Maybe Tigers, Saints or Even bulls might be on the hunt for him!!!

Agree totally with the supporters. How stupid do they look too, screaming out all this nonsense only for a player to kick a GOAL IN THEIR FACE!!! and rub it in Ha ha...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Rep games would be fantastic, the leagues need to talk to eachother though, unsure if this happens, and put it in the draw for 2010.

Also, with Derby playing a full year and no forfeits this year, are the warranted more home games. I know personally it would be great for the game in Derby. Played 2 games this year in town against Looma and won easily.

What do you guys think, I know in the past they have had some trouble, but the look like they are back on track with a good committee.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty Yurabi1 August 26th

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 am

Spoke to the head shrink - Malfunction - on these matters requiring some football wisdom. I asked him about CKFL, which he replied, where the hell is CKFL? never heard of it. I explained it was a football league based in Fitzroy Crossing and Yurabi 1 was talking it up on the forum. He thinks Yurabi 1 is suffering from the grog ban,is disallusional and probably played as a flanker of no note. Malfunction was most surprised that anyone from that end could read and write and even new what a computer was. Said it was obvious Yurabi 1 could not play the game and should spend a season or two in WKFL to learn a point or two. (as a water boy) Yes it was the head shrink at his best with knowledge on all matters of football.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty mal function

Post  yurabi1@bigpond.com Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Mal function hasn't lost his touch! Still cuts to the bone [excuse the meatworks pun].

He should have been here for the CKFL grand final. Another beauty. A real blowout. 10 points this time. [to the Bulldogs]. Might change his mind about the CK boys not being able to cut the mustard.

It would be interesting to see how the grand final victors would match up against each other.

I would like to float an idea. I saw some of the best umpiring of finals I've seen on the weekend. Whats the standard like elsewhere? Could we develop a group of 'local' Kimberley umpires that may do other leagues games as an incentive and defuser of the 'local bias' parrots and flies. I reckon we have got two or three of the best umpires going around in and around Fitzroy.

yurabi1@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty umpires...send them our way

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 pm

Dont look to the WK for umpires...

We have the worst!!! A few good ones though...I know everyone always has a crack at umpires but if you came to WK youd see what im talking about...The majority are ridiculously unskilled, unfit and make totally the wrong decisons week in week out!!!

Over ruling each other from 100m away, 4 on 1 holding contests let go because the player with 4 on him is ex AFL so he should be able to cope with it, religiously being 50-60m away from contests, ball watching so holding and push in the backs and striking from right in the play are never seen. even in a final on the weekend. Blokes blatantly taking players on getting caught with plenty of prior op and its good ol PLAY ON!!!

Even in the voting systems they have no idea. Players winning or even finishing in the top 5 (over the past few seasons) despite their team only winning 2 games in the season. I mean nothing against these great players as they would run rings around me any day of the week but it is beside how a player can gather so many votes when your team never wins. Teams smash teams by 100 or more points yet they fail to rake in the top votes. they may end up with only 1, which happened on several occasions this and last year...

If you want good umps then steer well clear of WK...

But i suppose in their defence if they weren't out there doing it we wouldnt be able to play our great game. So good on em for copping all the abuse and still rocking up each week!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 pm

West Coast and Low Flying Wombat -

With regard to your comments about Robert Wilson and Baldy Lawford turning the Bombers around, I agree partially but I think you underestimate the influence of people behind the scenes such as Jappo Clarke, Niniella Mills and the other members of the reformed Bombers Committee. They deserve much credit considering the previous Bombers we are all used to. I hope they continue the leadership they displayed this year and with such a young list they can only continue the rise of season 2009.

Too bad they have to contend with unruly supporters who despite a clear win to Cable Beach decided they wanted to cause a brawl rather than celebrate a fantastic game displayed by two teams who deserved to be there on the big day.

Enjoy the off season and lets hope for bigger and better year in 2010.

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  up the blues Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 pm

WKFL ALL STARS TEAM 09

BACKS: Dylan Cox Ben Demeo Domnic Matsumoto

HALF BACKS: Bradley Angus Joe Sara Jahved Cox

CENTRES: Michael Pigram Tim Richter David Altham

HALF FOWARDS: Tristram Pigram Neil Marshall Jo Dann

FOWARDS: Lyle Buck Steven Cox David Cox

RUCKS: Andrea Skeen, Brett Claudius, Jappo Clarke

INTERCHANGE: Scott Clarke, Daniel Stampalia, Cameron Coulson, Bart Pigram

EMERGENCIES: Simon Barker, Domnic Treacy, Ben Croy, James Stewart

up the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:54 am

Not a bad effort Bullmastiff. A couple of variations in mine but so difficult to select. It would be a very exciting outfit whatever the outcome of the final selected side:

My WKFL All-Star Team:

Backs: Harry Wilding(CB) Ben De Meo (CB) Dom Matso (Bombers)

Half Backs: Javed Cox (Bombers) Cam Coulson (Towns) Lloyd Reidy (CB)

Centres: Michael Pigram (Bombers) Jo Dann (CB) Ryan McRae (Towns)

Half Forwards: Tristram Pigram (Saints) Jo Sara (Towns) Lyle Buck(Looma)

Forwards: Terrence Jack (Emus) Neil Marshall (CB) David Altham (Derby)

Followers:
Ruck: Andre Skeen (Looma)
Rover: Brett Claudius (CB)
Ruck Rover: Tim Richter (Towns)

Interchange:
Ben Croy (Bulls)
Jappo Clarke (Bombers)
Scott Clarke (CB)
Ronald Yanawana (Bidgy)

Coach: Tony Russel (CB)
Assistant Coaches: Robert Wilson (Bombers), Neil Bourke (Saints)

Captains: Jo Dann (CB) and Ryan McRae (Towns)

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  juddy!!!! Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:09 am

would not have cam coulson in my team.. seen a few games he played and he got carved up by THE OPPOSITION plus he is full of himself loves to talk himself up when really he aint that good!!! would have to say dom tracy before coulson.. and why isnt jay cassidy in the team... MR 1%..... would have him in there before a few of the others

juddy!!!!

Back to top Go down

WKFL All Stars 2009 Empty enough with the jay cassisy stuff

Post  Delicious Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:39 am

juddy!!!! wrote:would not have cam coulson in my team.. seen a few games he played and he got carved up by THE OPPOSITION plus he is full of himself loves to talk himself up when really he aint that good!!! would have to say dom tracy before coulson.. and why isnt jay cassidy in the team... MR 1%..... would have him in there before a few of the others

jay cassidy aint bad had a good year but not all star material.

Delicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:55 am

Good feedback Juddy, my views only.

Who would you have in your All Star Team? Not an easy task to select as plenty of players worthy of selection but not all will fit into 24.

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  lifemember1 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:43 am

PS Juddy

With regard to Coulson and talking himself up, what player in the WKFL doesn't talk themselves up?????

This league is full of woulda, shoulda and coulda been champions mate, just ask a player and they will tell you.

lifemember1

Back to top Go down

Post  RodgerDodger Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

I reckon the League should organise a battle of West vs East, to be played during one of the bye rounds next seaon.

RodgerDodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next