Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WKFL Season 09

+5
Stains
Buddy
Saintly
HawkeEye
Neville
9 posters

Go down

WKFL Season 09 Empty WKFL Season 09

Post  Neville Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Just wondering people’s thoughts on the up coming season and how teams will go

I believe it may look something like this come seasons end

Towns
Saints
Bombers
Beach

Bulls
Emus
Looma
Derby

your thoughts????????

Neville

Back to top Go down

WKFL Season 09 Empty Re: WKFL Season 09

Post  HawkeEye Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:32 am

I think it will end up the final 4 of last season.

Just wondering what clubs are looking good at the moment with numbers and the quality of their players.

When does the season kick off, first weekend of May?

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am

Popped in on a few teams training the last few weeks just to have a look how teams are travelling

Bulls: seem to have good numbers but look a bit top heavy could do with a few more runners
Saints: have had good numbers but pretty low this week, and look to have a lot of young kids training with them.
Beach: Looks to have found a new coach, and have had good numbers at training and most of the group are looking pretty fit
Bombers: Numbers have been up and down the nights I have passed through but looks to have picked up a few handy recruits from saints, should challenge this year
Towns: Haven’t had a look at them yet but have herd they have been getting low numbers. Tho should be up there again
Bidgy: ?????
Derby: ????
Looma: ????

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Not in town for the lightning carnival.
Anyone get down there to check it out. Any big news.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Yea saw most of the matches only teams that really stood out for me were Bombers, Beach and Towns
Who all didn’t lose a game in the carnival
I think all the other teams may have some work to do before the season kicks off

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Beach will be s**t and towns will be even shitier this year
it's out of bombers and saints to take it out this year

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:46 am

Gee big call there Saintly or should I say unsaintly..... I think its a bit unfair to write off the premiers of the past couple of seasons even before round 1.

The Bombers no doubt look like they will be a strong outfit this year, especially with Robbie Wilson at the helm. But the Saints on the other hand havn't shown anything yet and have lost some WKFL superstars in M & B Pigram, to the Bombers.

Mind you it could even out as Ive noticed Davo and Aaron Cox switching over to the Saints from the Bombers.

Towns vs Saints next Friday night under lights at the new oval should be a good contest - I think the Townies will get up by 2 goals.

What do others think???

Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Cable Beach - Minor Premiers - Mainly due to consistency, quality players and no bull**** that other teams have going on.
Bombers 2nd -Toss up between Peninsular and Saints, but New Coach and New Players should see Bombers play their best (at their best they're very hard to beat).
Saints 3rd - Have alot to prove so should see 'em go hard, don't see them kicking lots of goals against good teams but their defence should be in order.
Towns 4th - By Default, wouldn't be surprised if they missed the finals particularly if Emus play strongly this season.
Emus 5th - Contenders, will keep top teams honest.
Derby 6th - As long as they keep looking forward they should continue to get better as season progresses, should beat wooden spoon contenders Bulls and Looma.
Bulls 7th - Unfortunately Bulls always end up where they shouldn't (in the middle of the pack), The effort and organisation they put in should see them a Premiership, on the other hand the footy they play should see them take out the wooden spoon, Both honors seem to evade the Bulls.
Looma 8th - This time last year Looma had won the lightning carnival and looked to be a shot before bombing out,This year I think they've bombed out before the season's started.

Too early to guesstimate finals outcomes but if I was forced to make a selection I'd pick Cable Beach to take out the Premiership.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:22 pm

[
quote="Andrew"]Cable Beach - quality players and no bull**** that other teams have going on.
What quality players???? they only have got a few??? saints have got them covered in this area

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 am

Gee Saintly that is a massive extremely biased statement.

Only basing things on the carnival but to say CB (a team that looked sharp and didnt lose a game in the carnival) hasnt got many quality players is a huge call. And that Towns (finals bound since god knows how long who did beat Saints in the carnival and also were undefeated in the carnival) are going to be shitter Espescially when backing up saints who i think didnt win a game...I may be incorrect here. but either way some big calls which i hope you can back up friday night under lights against the reigning premiers...

my opinion so far this year is quite similar to Andrews Post. Ladderwise is my following prediction in order...

BEACH - Looked to have recruited extremely well and their recruits based on the carnival look like very good quality. to me it looked like they had all 18 on the field were all good quality and you couldnt see any cracks. but these will obviously become exposed as the year goes on. They look to be in their best position since their record setting glory year of 2007. And with the likes of Claudius, Marshall, Jo Dann, And a bloke by the name of loyd Reid (Keep your eye on this guy i seen him play down south and he is of EXTREME quality) expect them to again be a force this year.

SAINTS - Obvioulsy didnt look too promising in the carnival win loss wise but i believe they looked very intense and sharp in all games and kept the pressure on with their usual fast pace brand of footy. With this style of pressure footy should see their pace and skills put all of the teams on shaky ground. Huge loss to the midfield in M&B&W pigram they were the driving force in their premiership days and prob the best Midfield in this league. they will be sureley missed so hopefully some others will step into those shoes but i cant see them being as effective and quite frankly cant see this happening. Their Defense will be the key for them this year and quality players like N pigram, Irish Jo and Craig sampi & t pigram will keep them up there - And if Davo cox can get firing he will definitely add to the loss of the pigram trio but one bloke cant make up for 3.

TOWNS - Another team that despite not looking or sounding strong will always be a force. They still have the quality in Ricter, Mcrae, Tolentino, Sara, Gregory who will always be damaging. they did very well and looked very sharp in the carnival. i think work on their fitness and combine this with their guns they will beat any team this year and back 2 back is an extreme possibility. they always recruit well and pick up guns from the eastern states so this will keep them in good stead for the season. Coach PK seems to have mastered this league and at present is ranking up their in the best of this leagues history playing in the last 4 grandfinals i think it has been. so he'll know how to get his troops firing this year and expect Towns to definitely be around come finals time.

BOMBERS- Will definitely make the 4. They have had an extremely talented side the past few season but very young and these young guys now have a few seasons under their belt so are primed to go. While i still belive they are another year away from being a genuine premiership contender they have shown they are front runners so give them a sniff and they will be very hard to beat on any given day. Whilst they won the carnival i think 4 quarters and a long season is a whole new ball game which could see the young brigade tire out through the year. but like i said if any team comes up against them and is caught napping they will be destroyed. Come finals, another whole new ball game but one that Master Coach R. Wilson is very accustomed to, they will be a danger. The inclusions of The premiership trio of pigrams will bolster their midfield, the Extreme fitness of the Unit J. Clarke and coming of age of A. Mckenzie will defnitely see the bombers a side not to be reckoned with.

As for the others;

BIDYI - Will be a firecly fast and competitive side. this team will have a good bond already being community based but in this they have lost a wealth of experience in Town based players which will take a few years to rebuild.
LOOMA - Always have excellent skill and Extreme Pace. They would be my smokey side to get into the finals as with Lyle Buck in your team anything can happen. Went off the rails a bit last year so if coach Jamie Short can keep this under control then i would never doubt them firing up and having a good season.
BULLS - Will fight hard to keep off the bottom i believe but can do it. They are probably the best run club in the league and definitely have the structure, the numbers, a few gun players and they can move a footy around its just a matter of this team wanting to play together as a team. I think they really need some pace as they are very top heavy with too many talls. Footy in this league is built on pace and run and they just do not have this which is where they will be exposed.
DERBY - I think they will be feared team on home ground but its whether they get any home games in Derby that will decide that. I cant see them being a serious threat but its important for them that if they do have a shocking year to make sure they still rock up each week to play. get back into the habit of playing weekly footy and get use to the wkfl style of play and give them a few years and they could challenge. they need to realise it wont happen over night.

Should be an intresting season. Night footy will be a great spectacle and should draw some keen intrest from the public. The new facilities are great and should lift the profile of the league this year...

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  G-ABLETT JNR Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 am

Any early tips for the Bullen and leading goal kicker this year?

G-ABLETT JNR

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

I have to say that I agree with most of your comments G-ABLETT JNR...

It looks like the 2009 season will be one of the closest in years, so to predict who will finish in the top four at the end of the year is anybodys guess. Bombers are definately the team to beat for me.

If I was a betting man, Id be putting my money on a couple of blokes to take out the B & F this year. J. Clarke from Bombers and B. Claudius from the Beach both look like having big years. As for the goal kicking Im going for a bit of a roughie, N. Beck aka Yabby looks like he's got over his knee problems and wouldnt be surprised if kicks a bag of goals this year, especially if he can get good delivery from the Townie midfielders.

Hey I heard along the grape vine that Hally - Bulls Coach has pulled the pin... Anyone know if theres any truth to this Broomer???

Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon May 04, 2009 10:26 am

Neil Marshall for Leading Goal Kicker. Smoky N.Beck from towns

And either of Jo Dann, Brett Claudius (Beach) or Mick Pigram (Bombers) for the Bullen...Smoky Ricter from towns.

Good to finaly get the season underway. Saturday's atmosphere was pretty slack but for the first rd. Beach looked sharp. Derby will be riding on a high after a 10 goal last quarter saw them turn around a 30 point deficit and win the game against Emus. Dont know if thats been done before in this league's history. well done derbyites...

Look out to who evers got them in Rd.2...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Young big forward from Derby, Trent Bani I think kicked 7 on the weekend.
I watched the Derby game, frustrating first half but changed a few people around and domintated the 2nd half and had plenty of run in the last to win by 5 goals.
Bidgy just stopped, I think Derby has Towns on friday night. Whole different ball game and will need to have their skills at their best and start off well to have a chance against Towns.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Mon May 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Round 1. Derby have certainly thrown a spanner in the works. Early days yet but having that 8th team in the comp really takes the necessary standard up a level. In the past all teams had to do to make the finals was beat the crap teams (Bulls made '08 finals - indication of 2008 standard), this season we might see 5-6 teams battling for finals places in the last round. That should keep teams honest and hopefully the four teams that make the finals will have a few decent victories under their belts.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 am

Where's Saintly gone???
been a bit quiet after the weekend matches

Neville

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed May 20, 2009 5:33 pm

. saintly ur full of it. u cnat be serious. u must not watch the football to much bcoz those comments dnt fit.
: Rolling Eyes

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkeEye Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:44 am

Not much going on for the past couple of weeks.

I wonder how much umpires get paid in the WKFL, if they are getting quite a nice sum of money then they should give half of it back. Saw the game against Derby and Towns on friday night and they were terrible. SO many silly mistakes, players arent get rid of the footy correctly.

ALthough in saying all of this I do give them credit for getting out there and doing the job, just gets very frustrated to watch sometimes.

At quarter time, it was said that any swearing would be a free kick and 50m penatly. Then in the 2nd qaurter I heard swearing from the boundary about 10 times from both teams and nothing was done. One player from Derby, asked the question of 'how did he get rid of it' as the player had thrown the ball before he got tackled and was sent off for 15 minutes.

The game itself was ok, very wet conditions, and Towns just slowly got a few goals infront every quater to win easily.

Derby were late to the game, I'm unsure as to why they play on Friday nights, because it will take over 2 hours and you need a good 30 mins to an hour of being off the bus and warming up. Be very frustrated for the other team waiting as they don't know whats going on. Something for the WKFL to look out maybe. Maybe its time that some games are played in Derby, Bidgy, Looma and Beagle Bay if they have a suitable oval.

HawkeEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 am

Well it looks as though the premiership is going to be strongly contested by 5 teams this year. Bulls no chance of makin finals (along with Derby) and Emus probably firing too late in the season to get there too. Bombers have cemented a spot and Towns look comfortable of being there. Cable Beach should cross the line with at least one more win probably this week against Derby. Saints and Looma will most likely be the two teams battling for fourth place. That being said finals positioning is still up in the air with a number of top of the table clashes to come in the remaining rounds.

The four teams that make it will provide the most competitive and unpredictable finals this competition has seen in a long time.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Topit Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am

Birkenstock Shoes most features is its sole, just know this brand of friends must have thought it's what is the main ingredient soles. At first glance, see will think is ordinary cork, but such material based on weight, elastic, cork to determine its level, strong degrees and only grades higher cork can be used to make into a bottle plug. Bob Ken) buy Birkenstock Papillio Madrid Black (after making bottle stuffed the remnant of the cork, its twisted into debris again after mixing natural emulsion, compressed into famous cork shoe body.
Birkenstock (characteristics of Bob Ken) more than chosen not to do the same material, its shoes itself and shoes with very high technology content. Take the most representative of speaking, with the slippers ergonomic technology creates the most consistent with wearing shoes are its receives the century-old shoemaking principle, as well as with other modelling beautiful, wear are not comfortable sandals the biggest distinction. Believe that through the Fashion Birkenstock Slipper brand friends have experience greatly. And this is precisely Birkenstock (Bob Ken) shoe has such a long history, but is getting more and more popular in the world scope based,Tatami Mens Oklahoma Taupe Suede Shearling Clog believe ShiHuo friend doesn't mind to try to bring comfort chance, bare.

Topit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down