Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 season

5 posters

Go down

2010 season Empty 2010 season

Post  footyfan Sun May 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Well the first round has been and gone and for me it was a surprise to see Beach beat the Bombers as easy as they did. The saints result was as expected with the bulls really struggling at the moment. The Derby tigers had a tough win against Looma, as did Bidgy against Towns. Saw most of the Beach and Bombers game. Have heard a few Broomers regarding the Bombers players and their pre game preparation on friday night. Surely not true. Beach had quite a few players back, enabling them to kick the season off where the last one ended. Also saw the Towns and Bidgy game. Pretty even contest really until the last 10 minutes when a couple of Towns turnovers probably cost them the game.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

2010 season Empty Re: 2010 season

Post  ngurrpa Mon May 03, 2010 9:52 am

It was great to finally see the real season starting again! I also saw the Bombers and Beach game. Beach sure did look a bit rusty in the first half, but eventully got going in the second.
As far as the Broomers go, i saw some of the Bombers looking a bit crook on the ground and i don't think it wasn't due to any 'gut running'!

As for the other games, bidgy had a good bit of zip about them, a good young team.
Even though the Bulls weren't much opposition, the saints were still looking pretty smooth.
It looks like we have a good year of footy ahead!

ngurrpa

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Wed May 05, 2010 5:23 pm

ngurrpa wrote:It was great to finally see the real season starting again! I also saw the Bombers and Beach game. Beach sure did look a bit rusty in the first half, but eventully got going in the second.
As far as the Broomers go, i saw some of the Bombers looking a bit crook on the ground and i don't think it wasn't due to any 'gut running'!

As for the other games, bidgy had a good bit of zip about them, a good young team.
Even though the Bulls weren't much opposition, the saints were still looking pretty smooth.
It looks like we have a good year of footy ahead!

I agree ngurrpa. It looks as though we are in for a pretty even year. Just on the bulls, one of their players told me that the bulls prez threatened to fold the club if players walk off the ground like they did on saturday. Obviously you dont want players walking off the ground during a game, no matter what the scoreline is so pretty poor on those players behalf. Doesnt show much pride in the jumper, the club, the supporters, the coaches or themselves by doing that.
Anyway on to this week and I think the Bombers will look to bounce back in the match of the round against the Saints. I am going to tip the Saints in a close one by 7 points.
Towns are up against Derby first up on saturday morning in what should be a good game and I think they will get up by about 15 points.
Bulls are up against Bidgy. Would like to think the Bulls players will come out with something to prove this week, however i'm tipping bidgy by 60 points.
Looma play Cable Beach in what should also be a good game with the Beach boys in pretty good form last week accounting for the pre-season premiers pretty easily. Beach to win by 18 points.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Mon May 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Anyone know of broomer regarding Looma playing 19 on the field for the last quarter on the weekend. Could have been the difference in the end. Big blunder on beach behalf too I spose for not picking up on it.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 am

Sheez its quiet in here.
Tips for round 3 and haven't we got an interesting round. The winless Towns up against the reigning premiers who will be hungry after playing out a draw last week. Beach to win by 20 points.
The Bulls travel to Derby and will be keen to continue the competitive form showed last week. Derby at home and with the chance to be still undefeated will get up by 35 points.
The Bombers are up against Looma in what should be a good game. Both teams are winless although Looma came close last week. Could go either way but think Bombers have a bit to prove and will get up by 10 points.
The last game is probably match of the round with two undefeated teams facing off. Saints continued their impressive early season form while bidgy just did enough against the Bulls. Saints to win by 19.

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 pm

I would like to congratulate all teams on the competitiveness throughout the last month. Big surprise to see the Bulls being as competitive as they have been after a 20 goal flogging in the first round, with cable beach being very strong as usual. I think tonights game may be a little closer than every one thinks though bulls wont be much chance of winning after Hoffy apparently knocked one of better players out behind the play on the weekend. I think sainties are the ones to beat this year with their display of football and speed absolutely outstanding. I also am a little disappointed in teh bombers start to the season and i dont think they are going to be the 2010 premiers as i recall one dreadlocked bullmastiff telling me preseason. Anyway, it is early days and there is much to happen yet. Who knows, Townies could be playing in the grandy this year and Jay Cassidy could win the Kevin Bullen Medal, but dont hold your breath....

Does everyone like the boundary being moved in a couple of meters. I thinks they should have left it the way it was as there seems to be a lot more out of bounds on teh full and confusion the first couple of weeks.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Carn the Sainties

Last edited by Administrator on Fri May 21, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingcarey Fri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Administrator wrote:I would like to congratulate all teams on the competitiveness throughout the last month. Big surprise to see the Bulls being as competitive as they have been after a 20 goal flogging in the first round, with cable beach being very strong as usual. I think tonights game may be a little closer than every one thinks though bulls wont be much chance of winning after Hoffy apparently knocked one of better players out behind the play on the weekend. I think sainties are the ones to beat this year with their display of football and speed absolutely outstanding. I also am a little disappointed in teh bombers start to the season and i dont think they are going to be the 2010 premiers as i recall one dreadlocked bullmastiff telling me preseason. Anyway, it is early days and there is much to happen yet. Who knows, Townies could be playing in the grandy this year and Jay Cassidy could win the Kevin Bullen Medal, but dont hold your breath....

Does everyone like the boundary being moved in a couple of meters. I thinks they should have left it the way it was as there seems to be a lot more out of bounds on teh full and confusion the first couple of weeks.

Not to say to much as a past Derby player but there has been some unrest with Hoff and the way he conduct himself around the club. I must admit he is a good asset to our club but his attitude on field and particularly when things dont go his way leaves the rest of the club pretty discouraged. Personally i dont think he should be leading the club but if it means kicking 6 or 7 a game then we've got no choice. This is something he will imrove on during the season and he definately has his best to come.

Kingcarey

Back to top Go down

Post  crossroads Fri May 21, 2010 2:28 pm

hello forum! First time poster!

For an past Derby player king carey...you seem to assume a lot about the club.

crossroads

Back to top Go down

Post  footyfan Fri May 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Well isnt the season getting ineresting now. Bulls have shown tremendous improvement since their opening stoush with the saints and were competitive against Derby, in Derby. Not sure if they have improved enough to trouble the Beach tonight so Beach to win by 35 points.
Looma and Saints square off in what should be a good game. Got to see the Saints last week and they were pretty good. Think they will account for Looma to the tune of 22 points.
The Bombers and Towns game finishes off the round with the Bombers looking for their second win and Towns their first. Bombers will be very keen to get on a winning roll after a slow start as will Towns. Towns have been competitive in each of their games without winning. I will go for Towns in an upset.
The Derby and Bidgy game has been postponed. It seems the Derby coach is not very popular on here. I have met him before and seen him play with Towns a few years ago and all I can say is he is passionate. I think he will be good for Derby. Having said that if the Broomers are true regarding last weeks game, the coach might be on the sidelines in the coming weeks. Time will tell

footyfan

Back to top Go down

Post  crossroads Sun May 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Results from round 4 over the weekend?

crossroads

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down