Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Final 2009

5 posters

Go down

Grand Final 2009 Empty Grand Final 2009

Post  Low Flying Wombat Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 am

Time to put it out there. Cable Beach or Bombers for the grand final.

Can Bombers reverse the last two games results against Beach. I do not think so as Beach will come back to full strengh this week with Marshall, Parriman, Delitt and Dave Mulheron to come back in. Only out looks to be Mick Albert.

Can the head shrink get Bombers up for this game?

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Grand Final 2009 Empty Re: Grand Final 2009

Post  Stains Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Even odds. Bombers defeated Beach in the lightning carnival final and obliterated the Beach in their first clash of the season proper. Bombers took out the minor premiership 6 points clear of Cable Beach. Beach have won the last couple over Bombers. All things considered either team could win on the day. In fact I have no idea who to tip. This is not one to judge on paper as many players coming into the game may not have the impact you'd expect. Fitness will be the main factor especially if a few veterans and players fresh off the injury list are out there.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Goinoutafashion Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Andrew

Pre-season comp was 40 minutes in length and as for obliteration in the first game, I think if memory serves correctly the game was decided by 11 points with Beach still a chance in the last quarter. Beach domination of Bombers when it counted, last game of season 2009 - the psychological damage was inflicted, second-semi final and Bombers looked a beaten side before entering the arena. GF simply a matter of consolidating on the fragile mindset of a team already broken. I guess some blokes don't understand that bragging about having the GF in the bag prior to finals can come back to haunt you!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall has exited stage left in a fitting retirement and not sure as to the plans of the evergreen Mick Albert. One thing for sure, Beach looking strong into the future and how was the efforts of young gun Joel "Hammertime" Hamling. Pencil that name in for a future star all at the age of sixteen.

Goinoutafashion

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:09 am

hear hear...

And to think the oldest blokes left in the team now are only in their late 20s....The rest are under the youth age...I can see a force to be reckoned with over the next few years...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossils Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 am

By the sounds of things, Beachs' squad has alot of youth amongst it so if they can keep it together than they will be a force to be reckoned with over the next couple of years.
BUT I have heard along the lovely grapevine that the young CHB Matty Dwyer is off to uni next year, along with the little Matty Wellington, and apparently Joel Hamling (the boney 16yo who stood up throughout finals) has been invited down to Claremont colts for next year...hang on I'm not finished yet...and another rumour doing the rounds is that Big Ben De Mayo isnt leaving town, after he was approached by couple of WAFL clubs to go down and have another crack at senior level.

Also Neil Marshall has announced his retirement for about the 5th time this year, after the GF win of saturday!

Fossils

Back to top Go down

Grand Final 2009 Empty Grand Final 2009

Post  Low Flying Wombat Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Neil Marshall has retired and Mick Albert has been retired by his teammates for lack of effort in the continuing celebrations. Was resting on the couch at home while his teammates put in another big effort. But all is not lost as they have appointed him reserves captain and coach for next season. He is yet to be informed of the decision. He will be joined by PJ who has declared he will take everyone on for a spot. Anyone seen Hastie? Was told he is already out sourcing a replacement for Mick.
Keep the celebrations going Beach, well deserved.

Low Flying Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down