Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the league will finish this season

+14
dockers 2010
Stains
Cyrus
johnny
Frank The Tank
Tankers
McKenna
towns 4 the 08 grandy
Jailbird
gopies
Hutchey
GO WESTCOAST!!!
footyfan
joel
18 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 2 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Need to read it clearly hawkers. the goal was to GO 9 points up. Beach Didnt get the shot (so they were 3 points up only) . Then towns scored out of this free in the centre and 50m. so they went 3 points up instead...Hope that explains what i wrote

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 2 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:09 pm

And in regards to the undisciplined player that Cost beach the game. I heard his name get directly mentioned in a very sturdy team debrief afterwards. I would be suprised if he plays again for the season... And your probably right in that I dont know if he had it in his head to realise what he'd done...

I think if the Beach werent so many players down he wouldnt even be getting a game. but goes to show that you never turn blokes away as you might need them for a game once in a while. And it looks like that has been the case for Beach the last few weeks.

It was a shame on Saturday to see him majorly stuff up as he had shown a bit by doing reasonable jobs niggling some big name players out of their games of late...

You just hope these sorts of players dont lose you games by getting out niggled as such happened on saturday...Spose they call them loose cannons... theres a few in every team...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 2 Empty How the league will finish this season???? How wrong you are!!!

Post  Jailbird Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Where is Cable Beach? Where is Bidyadanga? Where are Bulls? And why are Towns cemented as minor premiers??? Your ladder predictions have left alot to be desired! Are you actually watching the games on the weekend or are you just fondling over results that you read in the paper??? Cable Beach.... One hit wonders! Towns.... always been in top four, every year! Bulls.... 'Blow in Bulls' not Broome Bulls! Bidyadanga....deserve to be in top four alot more than Blow in Bulls! Saints... surprise package!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:21 am

Jailbird...Do you actually watch the footy on the weekends...if you did you would realise that everything on this forum is about whats been happening on the weekend so get your statements correct...

every comment bar the the opening one to start this forum has been on stuff at the footy. And of course a ladder prediction in the preseason is never going to be 100% correct. If people knew what the ladder was going to be then why come out and play each week... you try picking a top 4 before the season has even started. I would have thought you would have been pretty much exactly the same as whats is there now...

the way i see it after the last few weeks any one in the top 3 will give the flag a shake this year. Bulls are just struggling to hang onto 4th spot so provided they do they still wont do a thing in finals apart from being a confidence boost to the team that gets to play them. It would be better if Emus got into the final 4th spot cause atleast it would then mean all teams in the 4 would be competitive enough to take the flag out...

Big task but to Beat the Beach in the last home and away game. But a task the emus are definitely capable of if they get their pace going. Who was Cable Beach on the weekend??? that was a totally knew side. I didnt recognise anyone out there as regular players bar 2 or 3 of them. one of whom ended up sitting out the game from during the 2nd quarter in what looked to be a knee injury...They even looked to be playing some of their u/15s players too... Is something going on at the club? Have players left?

Towns and Saints will be the game to watch this week. Towns have been coasting along this year and doing it well. They must be ready to hit their full straps soon. They should win around the ground but i believe saints midfield will be far too classy and quick for that of Towns. Towns will have to be extremely accountable though as Saints midfielders ability to run forward unmanned & kick goals is what ripped Beach apart on the weekend...Should be a ripper...

And i reckon Bombers by 60 Points over Bulls

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 2 Empty RE:

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:54 pm

nice nice
in response to what u have just said west coast:
saints do have a great running game with them kncoking off
last years premiers i due feel they will have there tales up when playing the minor premiers.
Although who will man up on the likes of towns big men?????
there full forward?? there ruckman?? very mobile he is, the back up ruckman being 8 foot 8.
if they all go foward and the ball makes its way down there which i feel it will be alot whos to say there stopable?? Then the crumming players.. what can i say

THeres sumthing going on at cable beach?? what is it?? there loosing simple answer?? the player group hadn't lost last year..... as soon as they started lossing well they seemed to just throw it all away. but dont count them out iff brett cums bak sonny dann and niel combined there a lethal combination.

if bombers beat bulls and bidgi get over beach wouldnt be suprised to see a towns bidgi grandi?? great long shot!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:44 pm

yeah agree slightly.

just remember footy in the wkfl has had teams like Bulls & Towns over the years who have had all the height in the world. then they have been absolutely blitzed by small sides with sheer pace...Its wkfl footy. you can play structured footy all you want but more often than not pace wins out.

Beach did seem to be missing Marshall, Claudius, Sonny. even Captain Mick Albert didnt see him there. And that fella that shutdown the leagues best small forward (kal Tollo) the week before didnt play either. but they still had 18 blokes out there & Considering they were up by 26 points at the first quarter, no real excuses. Thats footy.

Mind you with those 5 back in and the rest of their guns they look to be missing back in the side Beach should be back at their best when it counts come finals. Question is will they get them back and where have they gone???

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:15 pm

brett ankle
neil in perth
sonny knee
tagger dont know
arak great full back gone missing
the others wouldnt have a clue

saints seem to be making a late run but can they beat towns, thats another discussion in itself
saints towns, towns by 20.
what can saints to to stop towns??

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Obviuously all big guns will be back for all teams come finals. So it will come down to finals to see whos got who and who plays who...

And i wouldnt get cocky and doubt saints midfiled. If towns can get the ball to their forwards. they will kick a big score as Saints backline dont look too strong. But the issue will be getting it to their forwards.

this battle will be won in the midfield. A midfiled that posseses Bart, Michael, lloyd, Waylon, tristram & Dylan Pigram, With Dominic Sampi & Lee Till. definitley not an easy feat and definitely a group of players that you would think would warrant some form of respect... Not saying Towns dont have a ripper midfiled as it has done the job so far this year, but i dont think it is no class near the Saints midfield if theyre at their full strength.

All im saying is that, yeah i think Towns will win, but do not underate a quality midfield of that calibre, and espescially dont be unaccountable as they run forward & kick most of Saints goals...

like i said. Towns shut their midfield down they'll win the game...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm

great guns great guns
im not doubting saints midfield nor anyone elses
i agree cum finals its anyones game
who does saints backline consist of?

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 pm

in refrence to your question "who does Saints backline consist of"?

Exactly my point. I wouldnt have a clue...Micklo maybe??? i dunno sorry cant help you with that one...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:43 pm

actually I have been watching WKFL games for the last 11 years! But fair comment, I obivously havent read all your posts (Go west coast).

Whats up with Cable Beach?
I've heard... there's been a few rif rafs within the club and its players.... I observed on the weekend that there was a serious lack of communication between players and also a few leaders in the club winging and whining with each other.... not what you want heading into finals without your 'superstar players' such as Sonny, Neil, Claudiass! Hastie is gunna have to pull something out of his wrinkled A#@ because a coach with experience should not have players behaving like pre-schoolers, especially last years premiers!

Saints backline..... a bunch of old fogies! their names are probably in the retired book! Cable beach should have kicked more goals against zombies like them!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am

Yeah good comments...

Hopefully for Beach's sake they get their full side back on the track for finals. Obviously frustration plays alot in players whinging and wining to each other. i suppose its trying to get the best out of each other but it should be done by other means certainly... I have observed it from all teams this year however, even the minor premiers players on filed whinging and arguing with each other... Dont teams realise you just dont do that. I Quote "ELE" from a movie i watched last night called Semi-Pro...Teams need that...It definitely doesnt happen in this league throughout all clubs...

And Beach would be frustrated with all their missing players and playing what looked to be a reserves side against Saints. when its a new side things always take a bit to work you would think and wont just happen immediately... Espescially 2 games out from finals!!! Hopefully missing players aint the case for them come finals other wise they could see themselves exiting quickly!

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 2 Empty wkdl league medal

Post  joel Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm

I reckon either Bart Pigram or Ronan Maher from towns will win the medal this year.
Any other ideas?

joel

Back to top Go down

Post  McKenna Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:41 pm

BART PIGRAM??? Leave be alone! That fellow is cowardly seagull! He wont get a single vote! No idea who the other guy is (ronnan? from towns? I would have said sunny dan until he tore a heart muscle - he can't even remember which leg to limp on

Emus have a good defender that wears a single boot , not sure if hes played all season but

McKenna

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Definitely not Bart as he hasnt played enough games... Ronen Maher or Ricter from towns would go close...Ronen may just pip him having played more games as ricter seems to have missed a few...

favourite has to Be Joey Dann but. he hasnt missed a game all year and is in Bartelablett (yes one word) like form probably averaging 35 posses a game and a few goals. Neil Marshall would be up there too from Beach...

Cant say any other team or player has been as dominant as these names above but...

Problem with beach and Towns but is that other players will rob their team mates for votes. Beach's Sonny Dann, Claudius, Tomasini, Angus would take votes off their players while Towns Bouta, McRae, Tollo, Stack would do the same to their team mates...

Low scoring winner i reckon. but the winner should come from Towns or Beach...Maybe Mick Pigram as a smokey from Saints

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Joel are u serious mate go watch sum more wkfl and cum bak n talk on this forus. thats an embarassing comment
bart has playd a total of 6 games this year.
joe dann
tim the midfielder from towns wil win
how many goals has the leading goal kicker kicked this year??

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:53 pm

Good post cousins you are a star!!!

by my calculations from the stats all year i think its pretty close...And from these stats dont think im some one you think i am as i have gathered these off the broomesport website...It was easy. these are the chaps in the running;

Tristram Piggy -24 (SAINTS)
Kal Tollo - 24 (TOWNS)
Neilo Marshy -23 (BEACH)
Dusty Mac -23 (TOWNS)
Damo Parriman - 21 (BEACH)
Bevan Yunupingu - 21 (SAINTS)

Its So Close...But by these i reckon marshy, or dusty have it in the bag...THey are the 2 premium forwards in the comp...Towns backline should keep saints yunupingu and pigram too dry where as marshy and dusty should kick about 5 each minimum...

Dont doubt Tollo either...he is an ex Sainter so would rise to the challenge and could kick a bag against his ex team...or will he be shut down by the inform Eddo Hine???

We will see...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:34 pm

nice nice

isnt edwardo hine a midfilder??
this weeks game (towns v saints) is the game of the year
towns by 9
i

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:43 pm

oh
no hine will not shut down tolentino
hine is an attacking player and will rund off and try to
creat. This not being good for saints iff the ball tures over
curtain goal if he gets his hands on the ball in 50

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 am

9 points... I reckon 40 Points plus...If towns dont have as many players missing as Beach did against Saints and have close to their full side that will definitely be the margin...

THe inexperience of Beach's second tier side they fielded against Saints is what made them look so damaging...Nothing to get worked up about but. The top 2 sides are still a class above the others at full strength and will most certainly play off in that last game in september...

Saints to win the midfield battle but Towns to crush them up forward and down back...40+ Points

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:27 pm

good call good call go west coast
i peeped at saints training last week and will this week there numbers have been down.
not what u want going into finals and last game of the year vs the top team
never mind like u said beach v towns grandy Shocked

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutchey Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Yea spot on there go west coast N cousins u star, the one Craig Hutcheson is liking your work Wink

Hutchey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 pm

McKenna wrote:BART PIGRAM??? Leave be alone! That fellow is cowardly seagull! He wont get a single vote! No idea who the other guy is (ronnan? from towns? I would have said sunny dan until he tore a heart muscle - he can't even remember which leg to limp on

Emus have a good defender that wears a single boot , not sure if hes played all season but

I dont think bart pigram is that much of a cowardly seagul if he's already won a Bullen Medal and Captained back to back premierships! The lad might have missed most of the year and hasn't played good at all this year so to even consider him in the count would be a stupid comment.

Surely its gotta be Jojo Dann!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:44 pm

ben thorse for cable beach is back this week
hes a gun! watch out 4 him
he kicks with right boot but drops the ball with the left Shocked Shocked affraid

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankers Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 pm

Breaking News!!! Jo jo Dann out with hamstring injury!!Heard he pulled it last night at training 4 WEEKS MINIMUM.
Mick Pigram out with broken wrist!!Now that throws a spanner in the works on finals?As for Bart Pigram wining the Bullen medal lol!! Marshall,Dann or Maher favorites with tristram pigram, jj from bulls and tim rich from townies as smokys!!

Tankers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next