Broome Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the league will finish this season

+14
dockers 2010
Stains
Cyrus
johnny
Frank The Tank
Tankers
McKenna
towns 4 the 08 grandy
Jailbird
gopies
Hutchey
GO WESTCOAST!!!
footyfan
joel
18 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 3 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  Frank The Tank Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Sure does throws a spanner in the works there tankers. These two are important players for both sides, g talk about bad timing.

G Joel i wouldnt rely on you for any inside tips. Bart Pigram for the medal! bad call dude bad call! give it a bit more thought next time lad.

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

How the league will finish this season - Page 3 Empty Re: How the league will finish this season

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 pm

oh dear unlucky fellas
must hav been training to hard ahhha NOT these guys are put in cotton wool
regularly. hardly train as hard as other. most probably pushed to hard ont he track n ther u go hammy GONE.
as for mik pigrams broken wrist its not a wrist its a hand and he got into a brawl last week.

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Yep can confirm...Joey Dann...Gone for season i reckon...Was down peeping on beach and towns training on Wednesday night and saw it happen...He couldnt even walk...Honestly too, i was up behind the rails in the car park and i heard the crack...4 Weeks atleast...He even had to get someone to drive him home it was that bad...I saw him down town to on thursday and he was hobbling very slowly purchasing nurophen gel and linament... I dont think that will do the trick unfortunately...

Beach were actually training quite hard too...The only ones i saw in cotton wool were actually Towns players...about 5 of them doing their own slow laps...

Both teams had good numbers, Beach were very chirpy, trained hard...Claudiass and Marshall were back too... Towns looked flat. chirpy but flat...but you get that after having a few weeks off game play...expect them to be firing for the Saints this week...Tollo was one doing laps too so is he struggling injury wise coming up to the finals??? anybody know???...Hope not as he would be a massive blow being the best small forward in the comp at the moment...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:14 pm

tru! towns hav a few ins and outs this week
bouwder out resting. mal rice resting. stack resting.
as for tollo being injured not sure

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:22 am

Serioulsly...What an emabrrassment Saturday nights result. Just goes to show what a complete and utter shamble the WKFL umpires are at the moment!

Nothing against eventual 2008 Bullen Medalist (& 2006) Lyle Buck. He is a champion, a legend, a gun and probably the best player in the WKFL...But to win a League B&F having played 6 games and your team winning nothing but 2 games and the wooden spoon how do you possibly get enough votes to win a B&F. (im sure Lyle would agree, its going to be a huge suprise for him when he finds out)

Sorry but you just dont unless the umpires have absolutely no idea at all. And this i do believe considering it is fact that on occasions througout the year they have seeked the goal umpires advice on who to give votes. And yes The goal umpires are KIDS!!!

It is also a huge mystery why teams like Towns, Beach & Saints win games by 80 + points on atleast 2 or more occasions and a player from their team gets 2 votes while players from the losing team get the 3 votes and 1 votes. AMAZING!!! The sooner the umpires in this league stop trying to even things up so much and let the match results flow naturally the better... If your teams crap and getting smashed every week too bad...Thats a credit to the strong clubs and the work they have put in to get their clubs to that stage...But no these umps like to dictate the result and keep it more even...wheres the logic in that... Footy aint a place for Sorry votes, or even the result up free kicks, its about the strong being strong and the weak being weak! Again due to the work clubs put in to get themselves to this stage! Why discredit them for this???

Congratulations to Tristram Pigram, Jo Jo Dann & Calvin Tollentino. Deserved winners of the 2008 League B&F ( if the umps had any idea at all) There is no doubting amongst all the clubs in the league that atleast one of these guys should have easily taken it out...Well done fellas on a terrific year and yous will all definitely be hungry to get some back in the finals series which is shaping up to be a ripper...(just hopefully it isnt ruined by you know who)

I know im being extremely harsh towards umps as they are atleast out there making the games happen this year and all but yeah...they get paid enough to be able to cop some critisism from league fans and so they should! anyone who begs to differ then i look forward to your reply...

But end of the day the record now stands so also huge well done to actual league b&f winner LYLE BUCK...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:13 pm

hows for jo jo dann doing a ham string
total rubbish. wher can people hav a look at the bullan medal results

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Your spot on there Go West Coast couldn’t agree with you more dude! The umpires of the comp made a dog’s breakfast out of the medal count and left a lot people spewing over the result. Shurly if the Looma lad had such a great season his team would have won more than a miserly 2 games and wouldn’t have picked up the wooden spoon.

Whats with the breaking news crap bout Jojo Dann doing a hamstring saw the lad playing on Saturday looked fine to me, I think you were pulling our legs
there fellas shame on you Sad

Last edited by Frank The Tank on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:40 pm

the umpires should hav been at the medal count

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah about Jojo, i think it was just someone try to gather more spectators at a Cable Beach game!

About the umpires.... They've always been useless about voting and useless for everything else! But the Bullen medal is an individual medal and as far as my eyes can see Lyle Buck is the best and fairest individual player of the comp.... his team is grey water but him.... superb!

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:57 pm

does anybody know who finished top 5 in the medal count

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  GO WESTCOAST!!! Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Cousins you star...you hit the nail right on the head...That just goes to show the total lack of disrespect by the umpires towards all the players and the league... and the fact they really dont care about this league... just about getting their $160 a game or whatever they get paid...The umps not even turning up to the do...They are a disgrace to the league...

From results i think top 5 were 13 Lyle Buck and 4 runner ups on 10. T.Pigram, Jo Dann, Kalvin Tollo and Mick Pigram... I went close... M.Pigram he was my smokey (That didnt sound right) and obviuoulsy Jo Dann i thought was favourite. Tristram Pigram suprised but when you think of it he did kick bags of goals and dominate for his team...

Regards to Jo Dann Injury...Im sure i seen him limping around but obviuosly didnt seem to phase him...must have been a twinge. it looked worser when it happened from where i was hiding up on the hill...

GO WESTCOAST!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

did any bulls or towns players poll well mate?

johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 pm

I heard that JJ from Bulls kicked 7 goals on the weekend but was given just 1 vote?!?

Last edited by Cyrus Plantkiller on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Towns may struggle to make the GF.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank The Tank Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Maybe the umpires thought he had to kick 14 goals to get the 3 votes, brainless umps can’t get it right!

Big call to say Towns would struggle to make the GF there lad! any reason why? Shurly last week they had a few key players sit out it may have been nothing more than a wkfl tanking exhibition.

Last edited by Frank The Tank on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank The Tank

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 pm

settle down sunshine they played on the wknd without a ruckman
u cant be serious
saints won the game throught the middle
the tonw lost by a goal or sumthing.
they hadn won a ruck knock all day
thats a huge effort on ther behalf
towns and beach still the by far the 2 best sides in the comp

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Andrew wrote:Towns may struggle to make the GF.

Joking right? Towns will get back around 7 players this week including there 3 first choice ruckmen!
Towns will be watching the prelim next weekend to see who they'll be playing in the gf

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankers Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm

J BOB BARTEL wrote:
Andrew wrote:Towns may struggle to make the GF.

Joking right? Towns will get back around 7 players this week including there 3 first choice ruckmen!
Towns will be watching the prelim next weekend to see who they'll be playing in the gf

3 RUCKMEN?? Bouda sore back!!Wolfy stuffed shoulder!!Stacke missing in action!!
Who are they gonna drop to make way for seven players?Players that have trained all year? little birdy tells me theres already a storm brewing down in townys land?

As for the Beach they get back sonny dann and Brett claudius!!
Tankers wonders if the Beach will copy the saintys game plan?(hasties a smart man)
Should be a corka of a game,so im sitting on the fence with this one...

Saints with thier super coach are the inform team at the moment .Knocking off the two top sides in sucsession, even without their main foward bevan !! anyone know wats happening with him?
And last but not least the Bulls, whom i think played thier final last week !! Saints midfeild are far to quick and will dominate the game, saints by 30 points...

Tankers

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:02 am

And so once again we have a unique situation in Broome where finals football is being played and the 4 teams playing on the weekend will be training on the same oval at the same time as each other! Must be the only league in Australia where this happens.

Cyrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintly Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

were going to run rings around bulls there to big and slow to keep up with the mighty saints

Saintly

Back to top Go down

Post  Stains Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Towns have been missing players?? Come on every team in the comp has had players out. Im leaving the "so n so wasnt playing" factor out of my calculations on who will be in the GF. Towns rely on good clean footy with alot of possession and the ability to hit targets. I think the finals will be fairly "scrappy", that speed/pace and counter attacking ability will see teams through. CBFC and Saints are definitely the quickest sides in the top 4.

Stains

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Thankyou! I was wondering when someone would put an end to all this 'but so and so wasnt playing' crap.... Its poor excuses like that that make top teams who get beaten sound like little 10 year olds in the playground. "Orrr but your older than me so you should give me a head start!" (lol)

I should also point out that Saints werent only missing their great full forward in Bevan but also another speedster Lee Till and also Runner-Up bullen medallist Mick Pigram.... Even with those three back, they are still along way from be confident to make the GF.... I'm gunna say Beach and Towns GF.

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  towns 4 the 08 grandy Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:55 pm

cheers 4 all that fellas yeh its about time we start talking sence
cum finals its anyones game. 4get was has takn place over the last 4 months
finals football is a different ball game. people dweling over whos in whos out sounding like
old wemen. cumon be serious towns may hav been flat last week after missing 2 weeks of
football just got cought off guard. i can say that curtainly wont be happening in finals.
saints going in with such confidence is great for the comp. see how they go nxt week in the pre final thats IF they get in!!!!!

towns 4 the 08 grandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dockers 2010 Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 am

Don't get me wrong i wasnt trying to make excuses on towns behalf just seemed as if everyone is judging towns on their performance last weekend in a match that was nothing more than a dead rubber when towns rested alot of players, as did saints, when the coming games are gonna be alot different with whos playing and with whats at stake.. do think saints are gonna be hard to beat at this time of year but certainly cant see towns missing out on the grand final personally...

dockers 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:37 am

OOOOOh! Gunna be interesting! So who will be playing next week then??? Anybody?

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next